SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

= #buttfootball

Nothing else really matters at NDSU besides football.

sounds alot like UND with America's least favorite professional sport.

Are they really? Didn't UND VB beat the Bison? UND will make the BSC tournament in MBB. WBB is down this year but then again so has yours since Ruley left. FB is in its second year of BSC play, how did NDSU do in its second year of MVFC play (3-8). Again mediocre to poor?

Didn't NDSU dominate for two years throughout transition to demonstrate commitment to America's favorite pastime?

sounds alot like UND with America's least favorite professional sport.

Didn't NDSU dominate for two years throughout transition to demonstrate commitment to America's favorite pastime?

Didn't NDSU win one GWFC title, the same as UND. So you accomplished what in those two years? A big game here and a big game there but in the end only 1 conference title in the 4 years of the Great West. The same as UND and SDSU.

Didn't NDSU win one GWFC title, the same as UND. So you accomplished what in those two years? A big game here and a big game there but in the end only 1 conference title in the 4 years of the Great West. The same as UND and SDSU.

Darell don't even try to defend your "other" sports. They're terrible period end of story.

Maybe you should take the course instead!! By saying that "UND might cancel the series leaving NDSU scrambling to find a game. Nothing in UND's track record convinces me otherwise", you are saying that UND may cancel the series and that their track record shows that. All we are asking you to do is provide examples from that track record that would leave you to believe that.

If Faison sent up a contract to play, and GT signed it, there is a 100% chance that UND would not back out of this game.

Again, except for the small, as yet ignored fact that GT schedules UND already. Which, quite obviously shows that while GT has a reason for not moving ahead with a football contract, UND being an unreliable business partner isn't it. Some fans have difficulty separating their own perception of something even when facts are contradictory.

If Faison keeps sending down contracts to GT to play a football game, and GT keeps rejecting it, who comes out looking worse? I realize that NDSU doesn't need to prove anything to UND and doesn't owe them anything either. But what does that say to your players/fans/etc. when you refuse to play a team because of something that happened 10 years ago?!! What is the worst that could happen....NDSU loses to UND?? If the Bison are such a superior team and program, than losing to UND will never happen. The FACT that Faison doesn not want to schedule UND is because if they did lose the game, it would crush his precious ego. As long as GT is around, this game will not be played. Just sad that GT can man up and get over the past.

• Upvote 1

If Faison keeps sending down contracts to GT to play a football game, and GT keeps rejecting it, who comes out looking worse? I realize that NDSU doesn't need to prove anything to UND and doesn't owe them anything either. But what does that say to your players/fans/etc. when you refuse to play a team because of something that happened 10 years ago?!! What is the worst that could happen....NDSU loses to UND?? If the Bison are such a superior team and program, than losing to UND will never happen. The FACT that Faison doesn not want to schedule UND is because if they did lose the game, it would crush his precious ego. As long as GT is around, this game will not be played. Just sad that GT can man up and get over the past.

The fans keep saying UND is not on NDSU's level, and SU would win like 80-0. Prove it!!

However you want to look at it, UND-NDSU is a #buthockey vs. #butfootball situation. So, perhaps the basketball programs are where comparison should lie? One aspect of UND athletics that upsets me is the coaches salaries. If UND consistently keeps paying their head basketball coach around $86,000 and their head football coach around $114,000, then that seems to indicate Faison is NOT fully committed to the athletics other than hockey.

• Upvote 1

I tried to find some posts on this thread related to the Big Ten ban on playing FCS teams and the potential impact that new regulation could have on getting the UND / NDSU rivalry going but I couldn't find anything on that topic in the past 15 pages of posts so I apologize if I'm bringing up a conversation that was already had.

The most common reason I've seen given by NDSU fans for not wanting to start the rivalry game back up is that it would mean losing a week that could be scheduled against an FBS team for a big pay day. Not only is that the most common reason I've seen but it's also the most logical from an administrative standpoint.

Now that NDSU will no longer be able to play Big Ten teams do you think they'll be more likely to schedule OOC FCS teams or do you think their primary focus will turn to finding non-Big Ten FBS teams to play?

If NDSU decides the Big Ten ban on playing FCS teams means they will schedule more OOC FCS teams is there any reason to believe that scheduling UND as one of those OOC FCS teams every year wouldn't be a top consideration?

I tried to find some posts on this thread related to the Big Ten ban on playing FCS teams and the potential impact that new regulation could have on getting the UND / NDSU rivalry going but I couldn't find anything on that topic in the past 15 pages of posts so I apologize if I'm bringing up a conversation that was already had.

The most common reason I've seen given by NDSU fans for not wanting to start the rivalry game back up is that it would mean losing a week that could be scheduled against an FBS team for a big pay day. Not only is that the most common reason I've seen but it's also the most logical from an administrative standpoint.

Now that NDSU will no longer be able to play Big Ten teams do you think they'll be more likely to schedule OOC FCS teams or do you think their primary focus will turn to finding non-Big Ten FBS teams to play?

If NDSU decides the Big Ten ban on playing FCS teams means they will schedule more OOC FCS teams is there any reason to believe that scheduling UND as one of those OOC FCS teams every year wouldn't be a top consideration?

Bison fans don't want to play on the road $$$$ so again unless GT resigns or the game is always in Fargo this series will never be restarted.

The B1G 'ban' has not materialized.

Again, except for the small, as yet ignored fact that GT schedules UND already. Which, quite obviously shows that while GT has a reason for not moving ahead with a football contract, UND being an unreliable business partner isn't it. Some fans have difficulty separating their own perception of something even when facts are contradictory.

That's a poor argument. For a number of reasons, including the number of games in a season and per game attendence, a single football game is more important than a single event in any of NDSU's other sports. The cancellation of a single basketball game, for instance, is less likely to happen and less damaging if it does happen than the cancellation of a football game. Also, as people on the board are fond of pointing out, football is a simply a more important sport at NDSU than any other sport. That's why NDSU isn't as concerned about scheduling an "unreliable partner" in sports other than football...the potential for damage is much lower.