SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Oh, good grief. You're really grasping for straws now.

How so?

You say that UND tried to screw NDSU by not even agreeing to play them.

I say NDSU did screw UND by changing their mind about playing UND after entering into a contractual agreement to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at all about the baseball game, nor am I seriously implying that because of that scenario I truly think NDSU wouldn't honor a home-and-home contract with Montana or anybody else.

What I am saying is that it is misguided at best to insinuate that anyone would think there is a good chance that UND would not honor a contract to play NDSU, just because they would not enter into a contract with them 10 years ago when the two schools were not even playing in the same division.

And folks, let's be honest with ourselves. If the shoe were on the other foot, does anybody here, Sioux fan or Bison fan, really think that NDSU would not have done the same thing? Money ain't easy to come by at this level of NCAA athletics, so when a chance to make more comes along, you jump at it. Doesn't matter if it is $50,000 or $500,000 more. Every school is looking for more income. That includes UND and NDSU, Montana and Montana St., Prairie View A&M, and SMU too.

And if any of you think that that NDSU lap-dog Kolpack's forensic accounting analysis is based on any actual financial data that he's seen from any of these contracts, well then that is comical.

• Upvote 2

You're right. UND is too much of a risk. NDSU should stick with safer bets...like the Montana schools.

I'm not saying that at all. There are many pluses and minuses in scheduling any team. IMO, there are more minuses than pluses for NDSU in scheduling UND. One of the minuses is that, since UND and NDSU no longer share a conference, UND might cancel the series leaving NDSU scrambling to find a game. Nothing in UND's track record convinces me otherwise.

How so?

You say that UND tried to screw NDSU by not even agreeing to play them.

I say NDSU did screw UND by changing their mind about playing UND after entering into a contractual agreement to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at all about the baseball game, nor am I seriously implying that because of that scenario I truly think NDSU wouldn't honor a home-and-home contract with Montana or anybody else.

What I am saying is that it is misguided at best to insinuate that anyone would think there is a good chance that UND would not honor a contract to play NDSU, just because they would not enter into a contract with them 10 years ago when the two schools were not even playing in the same division.

And folks, let's be honest with ourselves. If the shoe were on the other foot, does anybody here, Sioux fan or Bison fan, really think that NDSU would not have done the same thing? Money ain't easy to come by at this level of NCAA athletics, so when a chance to make more comes along, you jump at it. Doesn't matter if it is $50,000 or $500,000 more. Every school is looking for more income. That includes UND and NDSU, Montana and Montana St., Prairie View A&M, and SMU too.

And if any of you think that that NDSU lap-dog Kolpack's forensic accounting analysis is based on any actual financial data that he's seen from any of these contracts, well then that is comical.

You're grasping at straws precisely because it is a baseball game.

In any case, it's not the fact that UND didn't sign the contract back in 2002 that's the problem. They had every right to schedule or not schedule NDSU. It's the way that they did it that caused the problem. The relationship between the schools was changed forever, and not for the better.

I'm not saying that at all. There are many pluses and minuses in scheduling any team. IMO, there are more minuses than pluses for NDSU in scheduling UND. One of the minuses is that, since UND and NDSU no longer share a conference, UND might cancel the series leaving NDSU scrambling to find a game. Nothing in UND's track record convinces me otherwise.

Just so I know, what is the cutoff point in history? How far back can one go? If all members of the institution are gone, does that still count? NDSU cancelling the series with MSU-M back in the day really concerns me. I don't know if I would want to schedule a series with them either. They are an equal risk and have done nothing to convince me otherwise. Please provide evidence of why the contract would be good for UND. Lots of risk involved.

Just so I know, what is the cutoff point in history? How far back can one go? If all members of the institution are gone, does that still count? NDSU cancelling the series with MSU-M back in the day really concerns me. I don't know if I would want to schedule a series with them either. They are an equal risk and have done nothing to convince me otherwise. Please provide evidence of why the contract would be good for UND. Lots of risk involved.

Who said the contract would be good for UND? I think both schools would be better off without the football rivalry.

I understand. I foster rescue dogs. Even after they've moved into their new home and are thriving, they still have a fear of abandonment that never leaves them.

• Upvote 2

The butthurt from a decade ago with Fargo fans is strong.

It has nothing to do with being hurt. If you get burned in a business deal, you think twice before you do business with that company again. That's what's going on here, NDSU just can't trust UND. It will take a while for that to come back.

It has nothing to do with being hurt. If you get burned in a business deal, you think twice before you do business with that company again. That's what's going on here, NDSU just can't trust UND. It will take a while for that to come back.

So is contract law taught in the same class as PR and ethics at FU? MSU honored the contract.

• Upvote 1

I understand. I foster rescue dogs. Even after they've moved into their new home and are thriving, they still have a fear of abandonment that never leaves them.

Who's feeling abandoned? I hear a lot more UND people whinning about playing NDSU than the other way around.

Can you please provide specific examples of UND backing out of a contract to play a school in football, or any sport for that matter?? Since you are an expert on UND's track record on the subject, you obviously know!!