SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

You think UND officials might cancel a future contract because UND officials (who are no longer there) decided not to enter into a contract 11 years ago under entirely different circumstances? Is that it?

Yes, that's it. Until you show me some evidence that the culture in GF has changed I'll assume that it has not.

It makes me sad how petty this great rivalry has gotten. Instead of arguing about how UND's offense would match up against NDSU's defense or any other topic that deals with the game itself, we are arguing about who's ducking who. I can't wait till this game is scheduled and played so we can all put this behind us and get down to what really matters.

Well, I not going to teach a course in reading comprehension. But nowhere in either of those posts does it say that UND ever backed out of a contract.

Maybe you should take the course instead!! By saying that "UND might cancel the series leaving NDSU scrambling to find a game. Nothing in UND's track record convinces me otherwise", you are saying that UND may cancel the series and that their track record shows that. All we are asking you to do is provide examples from that track record that would leave you to believe that.

If Faison sent up a contract to play, and GT signed it, there is a 100% chance that UND would not back out of this game.

When NDSU moved up didn't they break contracts with the other NCC teams other than SDSU? Also USD stopped playing NDSU yet GT had no problem playing them when USD moved up to DI. In 2008 UND was a non counter so would NDSU continue to play a non-counter team when trying to make the playoffs? And if so why don't they schedule Sioux Falls or Augustana for their 11th game. It wasn't UND or anyone else's fault...it was the fault of the SU's for jumping ship.

When NDSU moved up didn't they break contracts with the other NCC teams other than SDSU? Also USD stopped playing NDSU yet GT had no problem playing them when USD moved up to DI. In 2008 UND was a non counter so would NDSU continue to play a non-counter team when trying to make the playoffs? And if so why don't they schedule Sioux Falls or Augustana for their 11th game. It wasn't UND or anyone else's fault...it was the fault of the SU's for jumping ship.

No, they did not. NDSU had a contract with the conference not the individual schools. Once it left the conference, it had no obligation to any NCC members. In fact, NDSU needed games, we would have been happy to continue scheduling some of our former conference mates.

Maybe you should take the course instead!! By saying that "UND might cancel the series leaving NDSU scrambling to find a game. Nothing in UND's track record convinces me otherwise", you are saying that UND may cancel the series and that their track record shows that. All we are asking you to do is provide examples from that track record that would leave you to believe that.

If Faison sent up a contract to play, and GT signed it, there is a 100% chance that UND would not back out of this game.

In your opinion...

I already provided examples. You seem unwilling or unable to see them (see UND's behavior circa 2002).

Not sure where you're going with this. If you mean they're not "partners" in the legal business entity sense, I suppose you're right. But I would have thought that it was obvious I wasn't using the word in that sense.

If you mean they are not partners in the sense of two parties cooperating to advance their shared interests, you're dead wrong. Once again your perception that a sports rivalrymust me marked by hatred and cut-throat competition is symptomatic of the problem.

Show me somewhere they have cooperated to advance? Playing games against each other. Like I said that's only about money.

We all know Fargos business partner is SDSU.

I have no desire to play Fargo. Last time they were at the Al they acted like a bunch of cattle that was let out of the pen. Rude. Swearing. But then again they did lose.

The manner of UND's rejection of the 4 game contract back in 2002 is the reason that NDSU doesn't want the game now. And that is absolutely tied into NDSU's preception of UND as an unreliable business partner.

I think everyone agrees where the hard feelings began. But your use of the word "unreliable" facinates me.

Currently UND/NDSU are "business partners" for soccer, volleyball, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, etc.

Once the cord was cut for several years, why did NDSU resume dealing with such an "unreliable business partner"? And since all these games require contracts, the fear is that only a football contract would contain some double-secret unreliable clause?

Show me somewhere they have cooperated to advance? Playing games against each other. Like I said that's only about money.

We all know Fargos business partner is SDSU.

I have no desire to play Fargo. Last time they were at the Al they acted like a bunch of cattle that was let out of the pen. Rude. Swearing. But then again they did lose.

Dude, don't be ridiculous. You can't possibly schedule and play a football game without cooperating and working together.

Again, your attitude is the problem.

I think everyone agrees where the hard feelings began. But your use of the word "unreliable" facinates me.

Currently UND/NDSU are "business partners" for soccer, volleyball, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, etc.

Once the cord was cut for several years, why did NDSU resume dealing with such an "unreliable business partner"? And since all these games require contracts, the fear is that only a football contract would contain some double-secret unreliable clause?

Oh c'mon, you must recognize how much more important football is, at least to NDSU.

No, they did not. NDSU had a contract with the conference not the individual schools. Once it left the conference, it had no obligation to any NCC members. In fact, NDSU needed games, we would have been happy to continue scheduling some of our former conference mates.

So NDSU broke their contract with the NCC, funny how you guys never scheduled and NCC teams during your transition. You guys played Concordia-St. Paul and Arkansas-Monticello, but oh that's right the NCC members wanted to go to the playoffs so they couldn't schedule a DI team. See how that worked back then. UND scheduled UNI in 2006 and SUU in 2007 because the rules changed but GT wanted nothing to do with UND...USD on the other hand GT must have forgave them because they signed a 3 in 1 contract. Still waiting on GT to sign that contract Faison was sending over for UND@NDSU in 2015 and NDSU@UND in 2017.

Mr. Gothman if UND sent SU a contract that said a game in Fargo every year. Ya I know that won't happen. But if it did you still wouldn't want to play would you. You were mistreated wounds will never heal. It's to bad things can't be worked out so people like me who would like an ocassional game can see one.

= #buttfootball

Nothing else really matters at NDSU besides football.

Really? All of our sports are going great except VB and WBB which are down this year and our coaches are better paid. You guys probably have the lowest paid coaches in the BSC. All your sports are mediocre to poor (& that's on the high side) yet you guys just accept it, why? Faison is all about hockey. Now if our other sports were as poor as yours you might have a case.

Really? All of our sports are going great except VB and WBB which are down this year and our coaches are better paid. You guys probably have the lowest paid coaches in the BSC. All your sports are mediocre to poor (& that's on the high side) yet you guys just accept it, why? Faison is all about hockey. Now if our other sports were as poor as yours you might have a case.

Are they really? Didn't UND VB beat the Bison? UND will make the BSC tournament in MBB. WBB is down this year but then again so has yours since Ruley left. FB is in its second year of BSC play, how did NDSU do in its second year of MVFC play (3-8). Again mediocre to poor?

Oh c'mon, you must recognize how much more important football is, at least to NDSU.

Your buddy is the one that said it. And your pals on Bville repeat it all of the time. Football is much more important at NDSU than all of the other sports put together.
  • Upvote 1

Well you've accomplished your mission for the day. You can just start posting "Ditto" and save us all time.