SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Just to get things straight - UNC, SDSU, USD, NDSU all wanted the NCC to move up. UNC when first and SDSU and NDSU stayed another year to try and get UND and UNO to move too. When they didn't we and SDSU made the move and USD stayed.

UND didn't have the funds at the time and the total costs were unknown. NDSU didn't have the funds either but that was never an issue for Chapman. I'm sure Brescani appreciates begging for more money since his university outgrew its infrastructure with no plan in place to alleviate the issue.

UND didn't have the funds at the time and the total costs were unknown. NDSU didn't have the funds either but that was never an issue for Chapman. I'm sure Brescani appreciates begging for more money since his university outgrew its infrastructure with no plan in place to alleviate the issue.

That's what the campus Dining surplus is for. :whistling:

I hope you're referring to Southern Illinois.

yes

It appears NDSU did have the funds.

How many times can the same arguments get repeated?

Until UND, and its fans, finally admit that NDSU is worthy of respect and, by and large, does things the right way. Until that happens there's no need to talk about scheduling a football game.

Off field-no

On field-yes

But yes NDSU fans worry about how it looks in comparison to UND.

Darrel, seriously, it's actually embarrassing how you carry on about this UND-NDSU thing. The best thing to hope for is to meet and beat them in playoffs. Really, we control our own destiny on this. It appears that the NCAA will always pair up regional teams early, so this should be the goal. Another way to look at is, if we aren't good enough to make the playoffs, would really want to meet up with the Bison?

In the mean time, give the ex rivalry a rest. Your blood pressure might appreciate it.

• Upvote 4

Darrel, seriously, it's actually embarrassing how you carry on about this UND-NDSU thing. The best thing to hope for is to meet and beat them in playoffs. Really, we control our own destiny on this. It appears that the NCAA will always pair up regional teams early, so this should be the goal. Another way to look at is, if we aren't good enough to make the playoffs, would really want to meet up with the Bison?

In the mean time, give the ex rivalry a rest. Your blood pressure might appreciate it.

How embarrassing? More than the media? More than the legislature? More than fans on both message boards? Please explain where I rank on the embarrassment scale.

How embarrassing? More than the media? More than the legislature? More than fans on both message boards? Please explain where I rank on the embarrassment scale.

Bringing up the same old arguments and continually begging is beneth us. Just work towards getting into the playoffs and the problems are over.