SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

This game won't happen - by not playing, su maintains the only advantage they have - the unknown. Thinking back to the last 10 years of the rivalry they were pretty confident every year they were going to win - how did that work out for them. They can't take the chance of playing UND and losing. (perhaps I'll get some fantasy points out of this post).

su vs UND

Most wins: UND

Last 10 years of rivalry: UND

Last head to head: UND

As a die-hard UND fan it pains me to say this but if we played NDSU in any of the past few years we'd likely get smoked.

As a die-hard UND fan it pains me to say this but if we played NDSU in any of the past few years we'd likely get smoked.

Statistically yes, but that is why they play the game - or in this case, why they don't play the game.

As short as we were on OLB I doubt he was expendable. He's had a bad hip for a couple of years.

"Jemison had another procedure done on his other hip, but you could tell thru the first few practices, he was not close to his former self. Bohl told the media last Friday that Jemison’s hip put him in a position that he couldn’t play every down and re-iterated today that his reps had been decreasing by the practice." Losing playing and losing practice reps.. injuries are extremely unfortunate and they shorten many careers. He had two major hip procedures (one on each hip). Playing DB/OLB is all about hips.. you hear the term loose hips at the time. At OLB you lose the hips you are taking on way to many blocks and you cannot turn and run.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/tag/brandon-jemison/

Statistically yes, but that is why they play the game - or in this case, why they don't play the game.

I don't think anyone could even make a reasonable argument at this point as to how UND would compete with NDSU. Can UND stop the run? Nope. Can UND stop even an average passing game? Probably not. Can UND score against a good defense? Who knows....what we do know is that they couldn't do anything against EWU or MSU, neither of whom had particularly good defenses.

I don't think anyone could even make a reasonable argument at this point as to how UND would compete with NDSU. Can UND stop the run? Nope. Can UND stop even an average passing game? Probably not. Can UND score against a good defense? Who knows....what we do know is that they couldn't do anything against EWU or MSU, neither of whom had particularly good defenses.

On paper it should be an easy win, but you never know about these rivalry games, teams play above themselves and strange things happen, a couple turnovers and all of a sudden it's a close game in the 4th. 2 years ago was probably the biggest gap, it should get a little closer the next couple years now that UND can fully recruit as a D1.

On paper it should be an easy win, but you never know about these rivalry games, teams play above themselves and strange things happen, a couple turnovers and all of a sudden it's a close game in the 4th. 2 years ago was probably the biggest gap, it should get a little closer the next couple years now that UND can fully recruit as a D1.

Honestly, I think this year may have been the biggest gap. This defense...

Honestly, I think this year may have been the biggest gap. This defense...

I would have enjoyed watching a healthy Braden Hanson with UND's receiving corps play against NDSU's defense. NDSU's defense could have very well shut them down, but outside of Illinois State, did NDSU play a team with a pro-style offense passing threat? Maybe UNI? As far as I know, most schools in the MVFC are more run oriented. If they did, I just can't think of anyone off hand. I think it would have been a good match-up. As for the rest of the game, on paper it says it wouldn't have been much of a battle. But that is why the play the game.

I would have enjoyed watching a healthy Braden Hanson with UND's receiving corps play against NDSU's defense. NDSU's defense could have very well shut them down, but outside of Illinois State, did NDSU play a team with a pro-style offense passing threat? Maybe UNI? They very well could of, just can't think of one off hand. I think it would have been a good match-up. As for the rest of the game, on paper it says it wouldn't have been much of a battle. But that is why the play the game.

Paper also said NDSU should have beaten Indiana St.

In 2012, yes you have something there.

In 2015? We shall see. Unless we meet in the playoffs, that looks like the earliest they could possibly get scheduled.

Fargo University has missed its window to kill UND on the football field. UND will only get better, and after 2013, I can't believe Fargo will get better than the last 3 years.('11, '12, '13)

In 2012, yes you have something there.

In 2015? We shall see. Unless we meet in the playoffs, that looks like the earliest they could possibly get scheduled.

Fargo University has missed its window to kill UND on the football field. UND will only get better, and after 2013, I can't believe Fargo will get better than the last 3 years.('11, '12, '13)

How do you know that? UND could remain a 5-6 or 6-5 type team for the rest of eternity.

How do you know that? UND could remain a 5-6 or 6-5 type team for the rest of eternity.

I am going with history. UND after a down year only got better. How did you know NDSU would get better after their 6-5 and 3-8 seasons in 08 and 09?

I am going with history. UND after a down year only got better. How did you know NDSU would get better after their 6-5 and 3-8 seasons in 08 and 09?

because ndsu had a proven coaching staff and institutional commitment? Even in the 6-5 season their biggest margin of defeat was 10 points at uni, who was a semi-final team that year.

because ndsu had a proven coaching staff and institutional commitment? Even in the 6-5 season their biggest margin of defeat was 10 points at uni, who was a semi-final team that year.

Sounds like the definition of a moral victory to me. Congrats! 6 victories and 5 moral victories.

Exactly right even on our down years we didn't get blown out by anyone.

:silly:

Sounds like the definition of a moral victory to me. Congrats! 6 victories and 5 moral victories.

Sure does. Difference is NDSU proved before those poor seasons that NDSU was capable of competing at the FCS level. That isn't to say UND can't. But UND simple didn't have a good transition(this has been discussed many times. this thread is pointless.).

Sure does. Difference is NDSU proved before those poor seasons that NDSU was capable of competing at the FCS level. That isn't to say UND can't. But UND simple didn't have a good transition(this has been discussed many times. this thread is pointless.).

SDSU didn't have an NDSU type transition and yet was the first Dakota team to make the playoffs. They also have zero FBS wins like UND before that argument starts up.

SDSU didn't have an NDSU type transition and yet was the first Dakota team to make the playoffs. They also have zero FBS wins like UND before that argument starts up.

4-5, 6-3, 7-4 against d1 schools and were ranked for a substantial portion of their transition.

How embarrassing? More than the media? More than the legislature? More than fans on both message boards? Please explain where I rank on the embarrassment scale.

How embarrassing? More than the media? More than the legislature? More than fans on both message boards? Please explain where I rank on the embarrassment scale.

Darrel, seriously, it's actually embarrassing how you carry on about this UND-NDSU thing. The best thing to hope for is to meet and beat them in playoffs. Really, we control our own destiny on this. It appears that the NCAA will always pair up regional teams early, so this should be the goal. Another way to look at is, if we aren't good enough to make the playoffs, would really want to meet up with the Bison?

In the mean time, give the ex rivalry a rest. Your blood pressure might appreciate it.

Darrel, how many BV fantasy points for this quote from one of you're own??? This is priceless.

4-5, 6-3, 7-4 against d1 schools and were ranked for a substantial portion of their transition.

2004 they went 3-5 vs DI teams, 2006 they lost to DIII Wisconsin-Lacrosse 17-3, 2007 only GWFC title Total DI wins: 20-17 1 conference title

UND went 2-4, 5-4, 2-8, 5-3. Total DI wins: 14-19 1 conference title

I don't read so many posts anymore which hold up sdsu as the program to emulate.

• 1 month later...