SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

LOL. Dan just resorted to defending how "strong" the D2 team is they scheduled. Now that is some classic all-time stuff right there.

I am sure Dan defended the strength of Concorida-St. Paul and Arkansas-Monticello. Because the Bison play the only the best.

Yes,they they made it a rule just last week. It's called the "Bison/Beck rule". NDSU can schedule D11 State and not hurt their playoff chances and Bohl can suspend Travis Beck for a meaningless game and appear to be tough on violence.

Funny how nothing was said about this rule until NDSU schedules a DII team. Is this like the tuck rule how it existed because of Tom Brady. Something kinda fishy about this?

Kind of like your hockey players? Ferris is a stronger team than your first game.

Haha, classic post. So scheduling a D2 is now acceptable Dan?

I think MSU screwed FU over with the late cancellation but Dan's post above can only be rivaled the the guy on BVille who said the NCAA changed the D2 counter rule specifically for FU. It must be fun in the world some of those guys live in.

And how many national titles has NDSU won since moving up to the FCS....Zero! They won 2 playoff games since becoming eligible. You have beaten Kansas and Minnesota both had what 4 wins total. You crushed Central Michigan thats like beating a high ranking FCS team. The MAC is not exactly the SEC. You were #1 ranked for awhile during a season in transition didn't matter you weren't playoff eligible. Yes we had an off year last season but NDSU did a 3-8 also. You laugh at our D2/NAIA teams well does Arkansas-Montecello ring a bell or Condordia-St. Paul. Yes even NDSU played down to teams too. UND is looking at the future as well, our first goal is something NDSU wanted but didn't get...The Big Sky. Now we can concentrate on our second goal....a playoff berth.

Still looking at the future and a playoff birth like 2011? Your Zero! is now 2 championships for NDSU. I'm guessing I will be able to bring this out for you again in 2015 and you'll still be concentrating on your second goal :)

I dont think anyone is happy about the fact NDSU was forced to settle for Ferris State. The difference between this and some other teams who have scheduled D-II, is that we had a bigtime OOC game set up..this was a last resort.

Still looking at the future and a playoff birth like 2011? Your Zero! is now 2 championships for NDSU. I'm guessing I will be able to bring this out for you again in 2015 and you'll still be concentrating on your second goal :)

To deflect criticism for scheduling a D2 "power", you go back over two years for a post to reply to? This is indeed rich.
  • Upvote 1

Still laughing at us scheduling a DII team...oh wait that was you scheduling Ferris Bueller State. Enjoy that one while our second and third games will be against ranked DI opponents.

Tons of UND fans are now Bison fans??? Good to see he backs it up with evidence!! I highly doubt that.

I imagine plenty of kids who were raised being casual UND fans are now NDSU fans simply because NDSU has been very good. I imagine plenty of casual fans switched allegiances especially if they like football. Hardcore fans....I can't imagine any becoming NDSU fans.

I grew up a Sioux fan primarily attending Football and Basketball. At the time, hockey was something I watched on t.v or listened to on the radio. At this point, I will be returning to Grand Forks as a student, and I can tell you with out a doubt I live and breath for UND. I never thought for a second since my early childhood that NDSU was better. Just because UND may be struggeling lately while NDSU gans national attention with its two national titles and It's March Madness apperance doesn't mean the younger fans switch. Those who switch are never hard solid fans. When the Sioux (UND) rise those fans will be back. The solid fans who live for the green and black will never switch. If fans switched every time a team was good or bad neither one of the North Dakota school would have had a solid fan base in the late 90's early 2000's. If I recall right, We went about 6 straight seasons when the away team won games. That was during the years the two towns had subway bets.

Also I have run into many younger generation adults who say the lived in North Dakota and once followed the bison, but have turned towards the Sioux. Showing that, for every group of fans that switch from UND you also have those that move from NDSU to the Sioux.

LOL. Dan just resorted to defending how "strong" the D2 team is they scheduled. Now that is some classic all-time stuff right there.

So you don't think that the top 20 DII teams would be better than Valparaiso who are 3-33 over the last 3 years? They're a counter. At least we didn't schedule some SD NAIA schools for sure wins - oh that's right you're only 2-1 against the NAIA.....

So you don't think that the top 20 DII teams would be better than Valparaiso who are 3-33 over the last 3 years? They're a counter.

You seem thrilled about this game Dan. Excited for those first two home games of DII and Deleware St?

Funny how nothing was said about this rule until NDSU schedules a DII team. Is this like the tuck rule how it existed because of Tom Brady. Something kinda fishy about this?

You think the AC has that kind of national pull with the NCAA?

So you don't think that the top 20 DII teams would be better than Valparaiso who are 3-33 over the last 3 years? They're a counter. At least we didn't schedule some SD NAIA schools for sure wins - oh that's right you're only 2-1 against the NAIA.....

Keep it coming Danny. This is message board gold, I say.

For the record, the system is weighted so Valpo counts more than your mighty Ferris State does. I have never seen an FCS fan so proud of playing a D2 team. Good for you!

P.S. - Awesome home schedule. Is it true that people are requesting to buy "First Half Only - Standing Room Only" tickets so they can beat the rush at halftime?

• Upvote 1

With that home slate, there is a staggering amount riding on the AC having multiple home playoff games. Better not trip up in those conference road games.

I heard there is going to be more people outside tailgating than inside watching the game. :lol:

I heard there is going to be more people outside tailgating than inside watching the game. :lol:

I hate to admit it, but this firetruck is pretty darned cool. Think of how many tractors they had to repair to pay for this!

tailgatejpeg1.jpg

https://twitter.com/Mr_RingoFSU

These tweets are awesome!!!

Kaleb Stefon Ringer@Ring_RingFSU 14h

Everything fallin into place Week 1 we in the dome vs the defending FCS National Champs! Tell North Dakota local hospitals get them beds out

Korey S. Ringer@Mr_RingoFSU 13h

Fargo get them beds out, us bulldogs come bigger and better than ever! #BelieveThat

Go FSU!!

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30410-NDSU-UND-matchup-in-15-and-17/page7

devin45k

icon1.png Re: NDSU - UND matchup in 15 and 17?

What I see is practically no benefit to NDSU and numerous benefits for the lackluster UND fanbase.....Let them fade away into mediocrity and lets move forward and not backwards with NDSU.

That's right lets not move backwards playing DI UND...lets move forward playing DII Ferris State. :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1