SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Not trying to ignite this fireball again, but Kolpack tweeted that FU will likely only have 5 home games this coming season. Perhaps FU will finally realize its time to do an annual series with UND.

NDSU has had 25 home games over the last 3 years. I don't think doing 5 this year (without playoffs) will be a big deal. A lot of the players are still recovering from all those games and this years spring game will be little more than a simple scrimmage of mostlyt # 2's and 3's.

NDSU has had 25 home games over the last 3 years. I don't think doing 5 this year (without playoffs) will be a big deal. A lot of the players are still recovering from all those games and this years spring game will be little more than a simple scrimmage of mostlyt # 2's and 3's.

Not that I care too much, but I love the hypocrisy with Bison Fans. First they argue until they are blue in the face about how important it is to have six home games and that is why they don't want to schedule UND. It will hurt their gate and bottom line, etc. etc. Now when it appears they are only getting five home games, it's no big deal... :lol:

• Upvote 3

Not that I care too much, but I love the hypocrisy with Bison Fans. First they argue until they are blue in the face about how important it is to have six home games and that is why they don't want to schedule UND. It will hurt their gate and bottom line, etc. etc. Now when it appears they are only getting five home games, it's no big deal... :lol:

Certainly you understand the difference between NDSU having a 5 home game season forced on it by circumstance outside its control, and NDSU intentionally commiting itself to playing 5 home games every other year? 5 homes games is no big deal this year because it's only 1 year and NDSU may not have any alternative.

Funny you posted that cause I was thinking the same thing. NDSU needs 6 home games its almost required. Most of the UND-NDSU argument is based on this, that's why they don't meet because NDSU doesn't make money playing at UND well guess what you won't get any money playing out east either. But like Dan said..."it's no big deal".

Certainly you understand the difference between NDSU having a 5 home game season forced on it by circumstance outside its control, and NDSU intentionally commiting itself to playing 5 home games every other year? 5 homes games is no big deal this year because it's only 1 year and NDSU may not have any alternative.

It was almost 2 years but GT got a late commit from Prairie View.

Ain't it great that when we talk about our conference it's not to talk about who's leaving or what conference we wish we were in. And that when we fill our schedule it's with schools that someone has actually heard of and we don't have to beg or grovel with them. Seven home games this year - sweet!

• Upvote 1

Ain't it great that when we talk about our conference it's not to talk about who's leaving or what conference we wish we were in. And that when we fill our schedule it's with schools that someone has actually heard of and we don't have to beg or grovel with them. Seven home games this year - sweet!

It is sweet but remember when UND had 10 games after ISU backed out in 2009...lets hope that circle doesn't hit us again.

Just looking at the NDSU schedule on gobison.com...they have a full 2014 schedule with @ Iowa, and vs Montana and vs South Dakota, now in 2015 you have @ Montana only. No FBS game set up no other OOC games, with the trouble GT is having in getting an 11th game this late in the game would GT contact Brian Faison about a home and home contract. (cheap game, first game in Fargo, and it doesn't have to be every year). UND has @ Wyoming the same day NDSU is playing @ Montana so the next two weeks are open. We heard the NDSU faithful say they need 6 home games, and its not good to be at UND because of money, blah, blah, blah. Well maybe having 6 road games in 2013 will change their tune.

• 3 weeks later...

A kind of funny thought just popped into my head. Obviously ndsu has missed out on some prime years to kick some Und ass in football while Und recovers from the transition and other stuff. Just think how pissed all those bison fans and former players will be if when we do play again Und wins. There will be cries about how they would've beaten us the last 10 games for sure. In the whole not scheduling Und situation the real loser is ndsu because next time we play they will most likely but on a slight downswing while Und will be on the upswing for the next 5 years.

A kind of funny thought just popped into my head. Obviously ndsu has missed out on some prime years to kick some Und ass in football while Und recovers from the transition and other stuff. Just think how pissed all those bison fans and former players will be if when we do play again Und wins. There will be cries about how they would've beaten us the last 10 games for sure. In the whole not scheduling Und situation the real loser is ndsu because next time we play they will most likely but on a slight downswing while Und will be on the upswing for the next 5 years.

I just think its funny how they call UND cupcakes, and measure us up to Wagner...but yet still won't schedule us. If they think they will win 80-0 like Moorhead State then put your money where your mouth is.

I'm kind of torn. I liked the last ten years of the rivalry but the '80s were a bummer. I'm not sure if or when we could get back to their level though. I wouldn't mind seeing an every other year game but I would really rather we beat them in the playoffs!

Proof?

The real loser in no game is UND. Until they accomplish what NDSU has at this level, people will continue to perceive UND as a lesser football program.

Proof?

The real loser in no game is UND. Until they accomplish what NDSU has at this level, people will continue to perceive UND as a lesser football program.

Well...so far we are on par with NDSU 1 GWFC title, and no playoff appearance in the first year of being full DI members. I hope we don't do the 3-8 again. Can't handle that one.

Got to admit we would get killed by NDSU right now. Face it they are just a more physical team. I really wish UND would concentrate on more of a power game like NDSU. Play great defense and pound the rock. That's what got us a D2 championship. It's the right formula for success at any level. Just look at Alabama, big physical linemen where down and punish the other team. We need to fundamentally change the way we approach the game from a recruiting, training, coaching and execution stand point. The high flying offense is fun to watch but I want to win championships!

Got to admit we would get killed by NDSU right now. Face it they are just a more physical team. I really wish UND would concentrate on more of a power game like NDSU. Play great defense and pound the rock. That's what got us a D2 championship. It's the right formula for success at any level. Just look at Alabama, big physical linemen where down and punish the other team. We need to fundamentally change the way we approach the game from a recruiting, training, coaching and execution stand point. The high flying offense is fun to watch but I want to win championships!

You sure about that? YSU didn't get killed in 2011 and ISU didn't get killed in 2012. That's why they play the game.

You sure about that? YSU didn't get killed in 2011 and ISU didn't get killed in 2012. That's why they play the game.

Wow darell 2 loses in 2 years and that's what you're going with? The MVFC is a very physical league and it does wear on teams.

Wow darell 2 loses in 2 years and that's what you're going with? The MVFC is a very physical league and it does wear on teams.

Just proves whatever it looks like on paper...even the best (NDSU) can fall. Didn't you learn anything from March Madness?

You're not even in the same building as NDSU in fb.

NDSU fans always say UND isn't in the same building. They said that about volleyball. We have beat them 2 years in a row. We beat them in women's basketball last year. 2 years ago they laughed at UND on how weak UND was in men's basketball. We beat NDSU in basketball that year. Last year NDSU beat UND in men's basketball, but were missing half our team. Next year UND will beat NDSU in both men's and women's basketball and volleyball too. You can put that in the bank. If we played them in football who knows what would happen, they are afraid to play us. The football game in the future would be a LOT closer than most people think. Bring it on.
  • Upvote 2

NDSU fans always say UND isn't in the same building. They said that about volleyball. We have beat them 2 years in a row. We beat them in women's basketball last year. 2 years ago they laughed at UND on how weak UND was in men's basketball. We beat NDSU in basketball that year. Last year NDSU beat UND in men's basketball, but were missing half our team. Next year UND will beat NDSU in both men's and women's basketball and volleyball too. You can put that in the bank. If we played them in football who knows what would happen, they are afraid to play us. The football game in the future would be a LOT closer than most people think. Bring it on.

Careful what you wish for...... :)