SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

You seem thrilled about this game Dan. Excited for those first two home games of DII and Deleware St?

Looking more forward to the conference slate as well as the home playoff games we are very likely to get.

Really is too bad we are getting a D-II game but one would be willing to bet Montana State will be seeded lower than NDSU...and could be making that trip to Fargo that they wanted to avoid.

Looking more forward to the conference slate as well as the home playoff games we are very likely to get.

Really is too bad we are getting a D-II game but one would be willing to bet Montana State will be seeded lower than NDSU...and could be making that trip to Fargo that they wanted to avoid.

Yah man, seek Vengeance.

You and your vengeance seekers need to realize that teams drop games every year, at every level. It happened to UND twice in three years. Get over it.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget with a weaker SOS, a loss to KState, and drop a couple heartbreakers in the conference you guys may be traveling to Bozeman...or worse Grand Forks. Lol!!!!

Yah man, seek Vengeance.

You and your vengeance seekers need to realize that teams drop games every year, at every level. It happened to UND twice in three years. Get over it.

I'm all for moving on as well. But there is a bit of a difference between dropping a game in November or December and dropping the game in February.

The timing is what put NDSU is tough spot, not the dropping of the game.

As far as the Ferris game goes, I'm definitely not excited about it, but the goal is always to make the playoffs and get the good OOC games in the FD in November and December. Hopefully that works out again for NDSU this year. We'll see.

I'm all for moving on as well. But there is a bit of a difference between dropping a game in November or December and dropping the game in February.

The timing is what put NDSU is tough spot, not the dropping of the game.

As far as the Ferris game goes, I'm definitely not excited about it, but the goal is always to make the playoffs and get the good OOC games in the FD in November and December. Hopefully that works out again for NDSU this year. We'll see.

It will be interesting to see if a DII game helps or continues to hurt a team getting into the playoffs. If it now helps a team you may see more and more of these games played since we have a lot of DII teams in our area. They are cheap and their fans wouldn't mind a trip to the big city.

It will be interesting to see if a DII game helps or continues to hurt a team getting into the playoffs. If it now helps a team you may see more and more of these games played since we have a lot of DII teams in our area. They are cheap and their fans wouldn't mind a trip to the big city.

UND can't afford to play D2 games. This is part of what caused the apathy during at the end of D2 and into the D-I transition. Playing these types of games excited no one. As a fan, I would much rather get a good D-I team in and lose, than beat up a D2 team.
  • Upvote 1

Don't forget with a weaker SOS, a loss to KState, and drop a couple heartbreakers in the conference you guys may be traveling to Bozeman...or worse Grand Forks. Lol!!!!

Well, if thats the case, then I look forward to going to see Bozeman. Last time SU went there....and beat the living snot out of a Big Sky champ, I couldn't make it. Won't even dignify the Grand Forks statement with a response! ;)

Well, if thats the case, then I look forward to going to see Bozeman. Last time SU went there....and beat the living snot out of a Big Sky champ, I couldn't make it. Won't even dignify the Grand Forks statement with a response! ;)

Because the last time you went to GF...you lost. ;)

Is a game against a DII as good as a game against a bottom feeder FCS team? No it's not, bottom line it's a non-counter. That's the end of that discussion.

An 11th game is better than nothing, and nothing was knocking on the door. The margin for error just went down for NDSU, but with 24 teams in the playoffs, 7 wins would get you in.

As for saying that NDSU would rather play Ferris State vs. UND, what's the point of that discussion? Was NDSU going to drop MSU for UND? NO, so what's the point of the discussion. UND's schedule was full when the MSU phone call came.

Is a game against a DII as good as a game against a bottom feeder FCS team? No it's not, bottom line it's a non-counter. That's the end of that discussion.

An 11th game is better than nothing, and nothing was knocking on the door. The margin for error just went down for NDSU, but with 24 teams in the playoffs, 7 wins would get you in.

As for saying that NDSU would rather play Ferris State vs. UND, what's the point of that discussion? Was NDSU going to drop MSU for UND? NO, so what's the point of the discussion. UND's schedule was full when the MSU phone call came.

We weren't talking about this year. 2015 both teams could play (of course it will take a miracle or the resignation of GT to get it done). Bison fans blame UND for ending the series and instead of getting over it would rather never to play UND, well what if SU had a choice UND or DII I actually think SU fans at least some of them would pick DII over UND on the slate. Now that somehow DII's are a counter GT has other options to dodge the Green and White.

We weren't talking about this year. 2015 both teams could play (of course it will take a miracle or the resignation of GT to get it done). Bison fans blame UND for ending the series and instead of getting over it would rather never to play UND, well what if SU had a choice UND or DII I actually think SU fans at least some of them would pick DII over UND on the slate. Now that somehow DII's are a counter GT has other options to dodge the Green and White.

Darell, neither UND or NDSU need to play each other at this point in history.

My guess is the next NDSU v. UND game will take place in the playoffs. In my mind that would be a great way to begin the series again. I am actually excited that the rivalry will likely re-start that way.

Until then...LET. IT. GO.

You're talking yourself in circles.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I'd rather play UND than a DII, any reasonable fan would. This 2013 game against Ferris State has nothing to do with scheduling UND, the topics are not related. If we schedule Ferris state now for a return trip in 2015, then you'd have something to talk about.

• Upvote 1

I heard there is going to be more people outside tailgating than inside watching the game. :lol:

I heard there were going to be more people tailgating at NDSU's opener than will show up to both of your first two home games combined. :whistling:

My guess is the next NDSU v. UND game will take place in the playoffs. In my mind that would be a great way to begin the series again. I am actually excited that the rivalry will likely re-start that way.

I think you are spot on here. A playoff meeting would be so awesome!

• Upvote 1

I heard there were going to be more people tailgating at NDSU's opener than will show up to both of your first two home games combined. :whistling:

20,000 people tailgating??? Did you get your number lessons from Lakes....100 doesn't equal 1000.

You call WDAY and tell Dom Izzo to let it go first.

8962 X 2=17924

Apparently my math is better than yours and Lakes.

You think on average it will be 8962. You do know our second game is South Dakota State in the Potato Bowl. Last year's potato bowl had 9200 and that was against Portland State.

You think on average it will be 8962. You do know our second game is South Dakota State in the Potato Bowl. Last year's potato bowl had 9200 and that was against Portland State.

Just working off past results Darell. That was UND's average attendance last year. So projecting anything different is just you adding your own opinion into the scenario. Also, you're first home game is against Valpo on a Thursday night. Not exactly a hot ticket.

Don't get too worked up man, I meant it as a joke.

Just working off past results Darell. That was UND's average attendance last year. So projecting anything different is just you adding your own opinion into the scenario. Also, you're first home game is against Valpo on a Thursday night. Not exactly a hot ticket.

Don't get too worked up man, I meant it as a joke.

Yes it's a Thursday night but last year it was an exhibition game vs SD Mines (no counter) this year it's Valpo a DI team that counts towards playoffs so it will be a good crowd. Then you have SDSU so it will be 11-12k at least.