SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

Do you think every NHLer has the same skill set as the next guy? Like I said the guy is a more of a grinder type player who I think will end up on a checking line with say Mario. Just my opinion from what I have seen of him. Hell I hope St. Clair scores 25 goals and proves me completely wrong.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=565353

I don't know where he'll end up either, but with his skating ability and work ethic I doubt that line would ever get outworked. He may struggle with a couple others of the freshman to stay in the lineup consistently, but with so few spare players, his work ethic might just keep him there. As this article suggests, he does have some good skill to become Fargo's all-time scoring leader, even with such a short existence. Heck, Dave Semenko didn't have much of a skill set to be on a line with Wayne Gretzky, but he fulfilled a role that made that line work.

Sounds like maybe a Mario type of guy?

Yeah, I thought with his wheels and work ethic he might be a fit with Grimaldi. If I thought the four centers would be Knight, Nelson, Rowney and Lamoureux, I figured either Parks, Rodwell, Odonnell or St. Clair would be an option for that line. Since Rodwell really cycled well on his line last year and Parks and Odonnell were both questions as to what they will add as freshmen as well, I went with St. Clair and his skating ability and work ethic. Maybe they need a bigger player in the corners or a finisher, but you don't know what you're going to get with any freshman and St. Clair has been in the USHL for years. Perhaps Rodwell needs to step into the role on one of the "scoring" lines now since there are more questions with the freshmen and from what it sounds like in Schlossman's assessment, you can tell the freshmen from the veterans. We definitely will have to fill in some "green" players somewhere and since the line #'s after the 1st line are kind of subjective, who knows where they will fit best, and who will have chemistry together.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=565353

I don't know where he'll end up either, but with his skating ability and work ethic I doubt that line would ever get outworked. He may struggle with a couple others of the freshman to stay in the lineup consistently, but with so few spare players, his work ethic might just keep him there. As this article suggests, he does have some good skill to become Fargo's all-time scoring leader, even with such a short existence. Heck, Dave Semenko didn't have much of a skill set to be on a line with Wayne Gretzky, but he fulfilled a role that made that line work.

Great story on him. Thanks for sharing. I have never doubted his work ethic.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, 5 days till the start of the season and no news/talk of this year's team since the 15th of September! I'm tired of reading about the new hockey conference(s). Doesn't anyone have any info about how things are looking on the ice so far?

The only things I have heard so far, and this being from Brad during the Herald's live chats, is that it is quite easy to separate the returnees from the freshman. Brad also mentioned that Brock has looked really good so far and this is good to hear as he is going to have to pick up the scoring to make up for all the scoring that was lost. He also said Blood has looked really good. Hopefully he can be dominating force early while the offense catches up.

The only things I have heard so far, and this being from Brad during the Herald's live chats, is that it is quite easy to separate the returnees from the freshman. Brad also mentioned that Brock has looked really good so far and this is good to hear as he is going to have to pick up the scoring to make up for all the scoring that was lost. He also said Blood has looked really good. Hopefully he can be dominating force early while the offense catches up.

Hey...thanks!

USCHO

1. Notre Dame (11)

2. Miami (12)

3. North Dakota (5)

4. Denver

5. Boston College (2)

6. Michigan

7. Colorado College

8. Minnesota-Duluth (10)

9. Yale (1)

10. Boston University (2)

11. Union

12. New Hampshire

13. Western Michigan

14. Nebraska-Omaha

15. Merrimack

16. Maine

17. Wisconsin

18. RPI

19. Minnesota

20. Cornell

USA Today

1. Miami (5)

2. Notre Dame (4)

3. North Dakota (3)

4. Denver

5. Boston College (1)

6. Boston University (3)

7. Colorado College

8. Yale (2)

9. Michigan

10. Minnesota-Duluth (6)

11. Union

12. New Hampshire

13. Western Michigan

14. Nebraska-Omaha

15. Maine

USCHO

1. Notre Dame (11)

2. Miami (12)

3. North Dakota (5)

4. Denver

5. Boston College (2)

6. Michigan

7. Colorado College

8. Minnesota-Duluth (10)

9. Yale (1)

10. Boston University (2)

11. Union

12. New Hampshire

13. Western Michigan

14. Nebraska-Omaha

15. Merrimack

16. Maine

17. Wisconsin

18. RPI

19. Minnesota

20. Cornell

USA Today

1. Miami (5)

2. Notre Dame (4)

3. North Dakota (3)

4. Denver

5. Boston College (1)

6. Boston University (3)

7. Colorado College

8. Yale (2)

9. Michigan

10. Minnesota-Duluth (6)

11. Union

12. New Hampshire

13. Western Michigan

14. Nebraska-Omaha

15. Maine

3rd in both polls, I'm surprised with all the scorers we lost and the youth on the forward lines we're ranked that high, but I hope they're right.

Heard from a extremely reliable person close to the situation that the St. Clair clearinghouse issue is a huge mess and it's not looking good.

what is with the clearinghouse this year? that's 3 players that i'm aware of set to play D1 hockey and are sitting around on campus going to school waiting to be cleared.... you'd think they could do this stuff sooner ...

Hmmm....no way, questionable activities by the NC$$....Funny that kids like Karvinen and St. Clair sit on pins and needles, and frauds like Pryor and Newton make the NCAA Millions......

Someone needs to explain to me how the NCAA isn't in violation of federal antitrust legislation. Sorry, the whole "NAIA" argument doesn't cut it.

What music did they use with the video pregame intro?

Just how much did the video screens inprove from the old ones?

I love the black names and number's on the Jersey.

The old ones were darn near impossible to make out when the game is watched on FSC. "compressed signal and all"

They were also hard to see from the second deck live..

Black is WAY more functional for viewing and I think looks better two.