SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but has the team chosen their captains yet? If not any thoughts as to who they will be?

I am thinking Blood with the C and Mario with A and maybe Kristo with the other A

Just my opinion

Mario has had captain written all over him since like, freshman year. I say he's the C with Blood and Mac the A's. If they give another A I say it's Knight.

Official roster is now up with updated heights and weights. Once again it looks like our defensemen will be very big, Gleason is the only one under 6' tall. Blood lost weigh, maybe we will notice him being more mobile on the ice this year. Dan Senkbeil is a big guy, 6'4 215 freshman, I wonder how much we will see him on the ice this year. Brock grew an inch and is now 6'4 192. Brendan O'Donnell comes in as a very thick freshman, he is 6'0 200. Looks like Dell had a big summer, moving up to 209 lbs from 191.

Anyone miss me?

Best Referees in the WCHA this year will be: (in order from top to bottom)

Jon Campion

Matt Ulwelling

Todd Anderson

Derek Shepherd

Brad Shepherd

Marco Hunt

Brian Thul

C.J. Beaurline

Bill Mason

Butch Mousseaux

Jonathan Morrison

Tim Walsh

Max Battimo

Peter Friesma

Don Adam

Mike McCreary

Scott Bokal

Justin Brown

Tom Sterns

Craig Welker

Paul Depuydt

Brett Klosowski

Anyone miss me?

Jon Campion

Matt Ulwelling-4

Todd Anderson

Derek Shepherd-10

Brad Shepherd-3

Marco Hunt-7

Brian Thul-2

C.J. Beaurline

Bill Mason-9

Butch Mousseaux-1

Jonathan Morrison

Tim Walsh

Max Battimo

Peter Friesma-8

Don Adam-5

Mike McCreary

Scott Bokal-6

Justin Brown

Tom Sterns

Craig Welker

Paul Depuydt

Brett Klosowski

Some of these guys should be doing bantams at best...I ranked my opinion of the top 10

Anyone miss me?

Jon Campion

Matt Ulwelling

Todd Anderson

Derek Shepherd

Brad Shepherd

Marco Hunt

Brian Thul

C.J. Beaurline

Bill Mason

Butch Mousseaux

Jonathan Morrison

Tim Walsh

Max Battimo

Peter Friesma

Don Adam

Mike McCreary

Scott Bokal

Justin Brown

Tom Sterns

Craig Welker

Paul Depuydt

Brett Klosowski

Nope we didn't miss you and the nice things none of them will be reffing the NCHC hopefully. They can go with the WCHA....

Nope we didn't miss you and the nice things none of them will be reffing the NCHC hopefully. They can go with the WCHA....

You're telling me you missed all those wonderful conversations about the great WCHA officiating? Damn! I would assume though that some of the WCHA/CCHA officials would jump to the NCHC or Big Ten depending on the needs of those conferences. However, that is a topic for future years. Let the great deabte about officiating begin as we drop the puck in about 30 days.

You're telling me you missed all those wonderful conversations about the great WCHA officiating? Damn! I would assume though that some of the WCHA/CCHA officials would jump to the NCHC or Big Ten depending on the needs of those conferences. However, that is a topic for future years. Let the great deabte about officiating begin as we drop the puck in about 30 days.

am I missing something....omitted from the list were: Moe, Larry, and Curly.

• Upvote 1

Damn! I would assume though that some of the WCHA/CCHA officials would jump to the NCHC or Big Ten depending on the needs of those conferences.

If there are schools that broke away from the WCHA to form a league because of the WCHA leadership being poor, what makes you think they are going to want the bumbling buffoons that ref in the WCHA? I doubt the member schools would want them clowns reffing their games... I wouldn't count on them being allowed to ref the NCHC.

Edited by Goon

If there are schools that broke away from the WCHA to form a league because of the WCHA leadership being poor, what makes you think they are going to want the bumbling buffoons that ref in the WCHA? I doubt the member schools would want them clowns reffing their games... I wouldn't count on them being allowed to ref the NCHC.

I'm totally on board with everyone here - WCHA officiating is horrible. That said, it's not like there is some giant surplus of awesome referees lying around waiting for jobs. I think that if the Commisioner and Head of Officiating of the NCHC are truly held accountable to the member schools, some of the refs currently working in the WCHA could work in the NCHC.

I'm totally on board with everyone here - WCHA officiating is horrible. That said, it's not like there is some giant surplus of awesome referees lying around waiting for jobs. I think that if the Commisioner and Head of Officiating of the NCHC are truly held accountable to the member schools, some of the refs currently working in the WCHA could work in the NCHC.

If that is the case I would hope that the NCHC does not hire Greg Sheppard or some of his cronies we know the bad ones (Todd Anderson, Don Adam just to single out a few) and that the new league would make it apparent that we want to see a more wide open game and not parity for the sake of having more teams in the race at season's end. Let the WCHA have that philosophy let keep it even and close. I want the refs to call the game per the rule book not by the score board.

If that is the case I would hope that the NCHC does not hire Greg Sheppard or some of his cronies we know the bad ones (Todd Anderson, Don Adam just to single out a few) and that the new league would make it apparent that we want to see a more wide open game and not parity for the sake of having more teams in the race at season's end. Let the WCHA have that philosophy let keep it even and close. I want the refs to call the game per the rule book not by the score board.

at the NCHC press conference I recall better officiating being addressed, to me that means I'm pretty sure Papa Shep and a lot of the WCHA refs won't be considered.

I'd love to see the league hire Thor Nelson to be head of officiating. Don't know if he would take it, but he might want something with less travel. Base that part of league operations out of Grand Forks, along with PR and marketing. That way you can also make use of the Ralph's broadcasting capabilities.

The NCHC would be wise to become a link in USA Hockey's Officials Development Program. The USHL is part of this program.

The program is designed to develop officials for international and professional competition. Just like players, the officials are taught, graded, and promoted based on who has the skill and performance to keep moving up through the ranks.

I'd like to see the NCHC get involved with it as the next step after juniors but before the pro ranks. I'd like the officials to be on a tenure-track (pressing to get better, knowing they are being evaluated and graded nightly, and looking to move to bigger things) rather than just be tenured, be "fat, dumb, and happy" where they are, and knowing no matter how they ignore the rule book they won't be moved out.

Official roster is now up with updated heights and weights. Once again it looks like our defensemen will be very big, Gleason is the only one under 6' tall. Blood lost weigh, maybe we will notice him being more mobile on the ice this year. Dan Senkbeil is a big guy, 6'4 215 freshman, I wonder how much we will see him on the ice this year. Brock grew an inch and is now 6'4 192. Brendan O'Donnell comes in as a very thick freshman, he is 6'0 200. Looks like Dell had a big summer, moving up to 209 lbs from 191.

Anyone in the know have any worries about Dell's weight gain? I'm not suggesting there are, but an 18 pound weight gain stands out. It could be solid muscle. A few more pounds on Brock and he'll be a monster

Anyone in the know have any worries about Dell's weight gain? I'm not suggesting there are, but an 18 pound weight gain stands out. It could be solid muscle. A few more pounds on Brock and he'll be a monster

I noticed that Dell is 209 pounds this season after weighing what 190 last season. I am sure he will lose a bunch of weight during the captains practice and training camp.