SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

There's some mention of the January game between North Dakota and Clarkson in Winnipeg in today's Free Press:

Winnipeg Free Press

THE on, then in-doubt, then on-again NCAA hockey game coming to the MTS Centre this season appears now to be definitely on again. The University of North Dakota has scheduled a Jan. 7 game against the Clarkson University Golden Knights and it's believed to be the first NCAA game to be played outside of the U.S. The Jets are in Buffalo that night. UND had five players with Manitoba connections on their roster last season, but that has dwindled to just one, freshman Taylor Dickin. Third-year UND forward Jason Gregoire left school and signed with the Jets in early July.

MacMillan - Knight - Kristo

Rodwell - Nelson - Grimaldi

O'Donnell - Lammy - Parks

Dickin - Rowney - St. Clair

Forbert - Blood

Simpson - MacWilliam

Mattson - Gleason

There's my guesses for the starting lineups...I know it's going to change throughout the season. It hurts that the Sioux lost so many players as we all know. Losing Gregoire and Hextall early, and having Cichy and Bruno leaving to different colleges and Miller choosing to go up to Canada. It would be nice to still have Toews and Fienhage also, they would b seniors this year...small senior class this year. None of this is new to the Sioux...can't wait til the puck drops in about 2 1/2 months

Any guesses of who will weat the letters this year and lineups?

Is there any chance that Cichy changes his mind now, or if he considered, would the coaches let him?? I never saw an official statement saying he enrolled at WMU and with the coaching change, maybe that changed his mind. Combine that with the additional departures, Cichy would have to like his chances of playing every night........ Maybe I am just spouting some wishful thinking.....it would be nice to have another veteran or two up front.

Is there any chance that Cichy changes his mind now, or if he considered, would the coaches let him?? I never saw an official statement saying he enrolled at WMU and with the coaching change, maybe that changed his mind. Combine that with the additional departures, Cichy would have to like his chances of playing every night........ Maybe I am just spouting some wishful thinking.....it would be nice to have another veteran or two up front.

I would guess he and the coaches had some issues. He had talent, but didn't play. That translates into work ethic/attitude/"other" issues. Throw in the fact he left, and I would say he has burned all of his bridges here.

I would guess he and the coaches had some issues. He had talent, but didn't play. That translates into work ethic/attitude/"other" issues. Throw in the fact he left, and I would say he has burned all of his bridges here.

This has been questioned multiple times about Cichy, him leaving with multiple spots open on the starting forward lines makes me think the coaching staff has given him a "vote of no confidence".

This has been questioned multiple times about Cichy, him leaving with multiple spots open on the starting forward lines makes me think the coaching staff has given him a "vote of no confidence".

There has been rumblings for a long time that Cichy was lazy and not a very hard worker.

Former Chill forward Gaarder realizes dream

Connor Gaarder didn't know until this past weekend that the college hockey team he grew up following had its eye on him.

"It feels great," Gaarder said. "It's always been a dream to go play up there. It feels great to be a Fighting Sioux."

Also, a few of the freshman picked jersey numbers - via Schlossman

Grimaldi will wear 19, Mattson will wear 5, Parks will wear 15

Showing the Sioux/Gopher game from last January at the Ralph where the Sioux lost 3-2. Just watched the hit Malone put on Wehrs at the end of the second period then the scrum broke out. Love it.

Isn't that the scrum where Cepis choked out Mac with his stick?

Yep that was the game.My dislike for him really grew after that.

Yeah that was ridiculous, and not one ref saw it. Wasn't the first time he used it as a weapon either. Not going to miss that idiot and his "stickwork".