SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

He may not make that series either if this keeps up.

I'm going to assume he plays at Minnesota. They're a high powered offensive team and UND's defense has really been struggling. In order to beat Minnesota, more than likely UND is going to have to win in a barn burner, i.e. 6-5, 5-4, etc. Which is entirely possible. So to do that they're going to need his offensive skill in the lineup. The big rink in Minneapolis will help keep some of the physicality down too, and with his speed that big rink would be awesome for him to make some plays.

As a Gopher fan, here's to hoping he's not ready yet! :p lol, sorry!

Vis Schlossman on twitter

Sigh. It would be really nice to get Grimaldi in the lineup this weekend so he can get a little game time before the team heads to Mariucci.

He may not make that series either if this keeps up.

Which makes him playing in the BC game all the more alarming. What was he doing out there if he wasn't 100%? I know it's BC, but it wasn't a must-win game by any means.

I wonder if by playing in that game he had any additional set backs?

Which makes him playing in the BC game all the more alarming. What was he doing out there if he wasn't 100%? I know it's BC, but it wasn't a must-win game by any means.

I wonder if by playing in that game he had any additional set backs?

One doesn't try to come back from an injury only to miss another 3-4 weeks without a set back. If he wasn't 100% for the BC game, he should have never of played to begin with. Now if he was 100% then got reinjured, that is a different story. None the less, for him to play in one game out of the 1st 8 games, assuming he doesn't play this weekend, is alarming.

One doesn't try to come back from an injury only to miss another 3-4 weeks without a set back. If he wasn't 100% for the BC game, he should have never of played to begin with. Now if he was 100% then got reinjured, that is a different story. None the less, for him to play in one game out of the 1st 8 games, assuming he doesn't play this weekend, is alarming.

Don't you think sometimes players don't let on to how much pain they are in just to get back in the line up.

Not saying that's the case but it won't be the last time that may happen.

Sometimes they may feel good in practice but game situations are a lot different.

I doubt the coaches would jeprodize a player just to get them back in the game.

Look how long Chay & other guys sat out to heal up properly.

I'm not sure everyone's identity on the team (in my getter-setter-shooter theory) has been established yet, beyond a couple obvious ... Knight's a setter. Kristo ... uh, yeah, he's a shooter. Until that's figured out the lines won't be settled and the team won't start rolling.

It has been a pleasant surprise how good our young forwards have been at retaining possession on the boards in the o zone. Toews, Malone, and Parise were extremely good at this, and this current group certainly isn't at that level, but they've been pretty good. If they can develop chemistry that will lead to goals off those possessions and get Rocco in the mix, there's a pretty good upside ahead.

Getting the forwards to contribute more on defense is another matter.

And criminals and cheaters are allowed to play in NCAA football and basketball all the time.

I just got done writing a letter to the NCAA about this, a kid gets screwed over for going above and beyond the minimum requirements in terms of schooling, while a good portion of NCAA football and basketball players probably don't deserve to be in college at all. Really unfortunate, I really would like to know what specifically the issue was with St. Clair, I heard he is a very good student, it has to be extremely frustrating for him.

I just got done writing a letter to the NCAA about this, a kid gets screwed over for going above and beyond the minimum requirements in terms of schooling, while a good portion of NCAA football and basketball players probably don't deserve to be in college at all. Really unfortunate, I really would like to know what specifically the issue was with St. Clair, I heard he is a very good student, it has to be extremely frustrating for him.

As I posted in anther thread:

Here's what I've heard about St. Clair (also rumors so not sure how true it is). He took a couple online HS courses from an accredited (at the time) school. Since then, the school lost its accreditation, so the NCAA isnt' recognizing those classes - even though at the time he took them it was an accredited school.

If true, yet another example of the NCAA F'ing someone. Was he supposed to look into his crystal ball and see that 2 years into the future this was going to happen, so he shouldn't have taken these classes from that school?

If anyone else has information, I'd like to hear it.

Why is it a basketball players vs. hockey players issue? Or a football players vs. hockey players issue? I am willing to bet that those in-charge of trying to get him cleared at UND multiple times originally and probably through appeals worked their tails off to get him elgible. Don't disagree that the NCAA is not always good, but if you plan on playing college sports you better familiarize yourself on what it's going to take to be elgible. There can't be any guessing or hoping that it will be good enough. As a person and the persons family had better know-there has got to be some personal accountability here.

Why is it a basketball players vs. hockey players issue? Or a football players vs. hockey players issue? I am willing to bet that those in-charge of trying to get him cleared at UND multiple times originally and probably through appeals worked their tails off to get him elgible. Don't disagree that the NCAA is not always good, but if you plan on playing college sports you better familiarize yourself on what it's going to take to be elgible. There can't be any guessing or hoping that it will be good enough. As a person and the persons family had better know-there has got to be some personal accountability here.

I think Hakstol stated earlier that it was "unforeseen issue" that came up, that it was a huge surprise. It is really too bad that this happened and I wonder if there is a way to determine eligibility of a player prior to coming to school. St. Clair did not attend school last year so if he would have known their would be an issue with the Clearinghouse, he could have taken the time to get it taken care of last year.

This seems to be an issue that a compliance officer at UND should have picked up.

I wonder if he will stay at the university of north dakota. sometimes it's very difficult for kids to realize they will still improve without game time.

Besides going to Canada, he doesn't have many other options.

Even at that, he's 1/2 way through his first semester of college. Not worth leaving at this point. And since he's not technically on the team, he must be paying his own way somehow.

I'd say this: Figure out this transcript debacle, pad his college GPA, work his tail off in the weight room, and come out guns blazing next year.

Hopefully, this situation will make him better in the end.

Has anyone else noticed how good Knight is at looking off defenders and firing no-look passes and shots, if you re-watch his goal from Saturday he looks to pass to Nelson and fires a no-look shot at the net, the goalie didn't even react because he thought he was going to pass. Also his assist on Nelson's goal in Madison, watch the replay on "Through These Doors" he looks to the point and fires a 20 ft. no looker to Nelson for a tap in.