SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

Unfortunately, if you have DirecTV and you live in ND you will not get these games.

I live in Fargo and ran out to Walmart last year before the games and bought a digital antenna for my tv for $20 and now get all of the bemidji games. You can view all 4 of the PBS stations in the area with an antenna.

I live in Fargo and ran out to Walmart last year before the games and bought a digital antenna for my tv for $20 and now get all of the bemidji games. You can view all 4 of the PBS stations in the area with an antenna.

What kind of an antenna do I need. Can I use it in the basement?

You should. Its just your basic digital antenna (rabbit ears). It picks up the digital ABC, Fox, NBC, etc. Mine actually says that its an HD one and it does come in clear.

So, when you say "rabbir ears", you don't mean that my old rabbit ears stashed in my closet will work, do you?

You should. Its just your basic digital antenna (rabbit ears). It picks up the digital ABC, Fox, NBC, etc. Mine actually says that its an HD one and it does come in clear.

I do have access to digital channels that come in through my TV....FSSN, for example is 15.70 on my receiver. Thanks for the tip, I will try this. Any idea what channels PBS will com in on? 67.470 or 64.470 would be my first guesses. Not sure about Lake PBS in Bemidji.

So, when you say "rabbir ears", you don't mean that my old rabbit ears stashed in my closet will work, do you?

i believe it has to be a digital antenna since those channels are digital. I don't know if the old school ones would work. Its worth it to go to walmart and get one if you enjoy college hockey because it gives you two more games to watch every weekend when the beavers are at home. Also i figured if i will spend 15-20 bucks a weekend on 2 webcasts, i might as well just go spend the money on the antenna even if it cost a little more since you can use it year after year for this series as long as pbs covers it.

I do have access to digital channels that come in through my TV....FSSN, for example is 15.70 on my receiver. Thanks for the tip, I will try this. Any idea what channels PBS will com in on? 67.470 or 64.470 would be my first guesses. Not sure about Lake PBS in Bemidji.

i would have to check when i get home. i wonder if having the antenna like i do helps the signal at all. Like i said, i live in fargo and the channel comes in crystal clear with the antenna.

I remember when i watched the Bemidji games on Midco last year I felt like a 12 year old watching cinemax. It was very blurry and every now and then you saw the puck. I dont know why it was so bad for me, but others seemed to get it just fine

i believe it has to be a digital antenna since those channels are digital. I don't know if the old school ones would work. Its worth it to go to walmart and get one if you enjoy college hockey because it gives you two more games to watch every weekend when the beavers are at home. Also i figured if i will spend 15-20 bucks a weekend on 2 webcasts, i might as well just go spend the money on the antenna even if it cost a little more since you can use it year after year for this series as long as pbs covers it.

I live in Mayville. If you get it in Fargo with the digital antenna, I would think I could get it in Mayville too. It's worth a $20 gamble, that's for sure.

I remember when i watched the Bemidji games on Midco last year I felt like a 12 year old watching cinemax. It was very blurry and every now and then you saw the puck. I dont know why it was so bad for me, but others seemed to get it just fine

That's an easy answer: You're a Gopher Fan.

We can selectively pick which houses to make the picture better/worse for.

Rabbit ears should work if your TV has a digital tuner.

How spoiled are we these days? i remember being stoked that i could listen to Hennessy on the internet 10 years ago. :lol:

at least they are on tv. should be tpt2 on Comcast in the Twin Cities I believe.

How spoiled are we these days? i remember being stoked that i could listen to Hennessy on the internet 10 years ago. :lol:

at least they are on tv. should be tpt2 on Comcast in the Twin Cities I believe.

I remember trying to situate my rabbit ears in my basement in just the right place so I could get the very best snowy picture I could when certain games were only on WDAZ and my cable got WDAY. I was thrilled when I was able to make it work. In those days, only a hand full of games were televised.

I need some clarification on this. I have an antenna that I use to pick up the local stations for HD. I get like 3 different local PBS stations on 13.1, 13.2, 13.3. Are the games on one of these channels, or do you need to try to pick up one of the Minnesota PBS stations? If so, on which channels can these be found?

I need some clarification on this. I have an antenna that I use to pick up the local stations for HD. I get like 3 different local PBS stations on 13.1, 13.2, 13.3. Are the games on one of these channels, or do you need to try to pick up one of the Minnesota PBS stations? If so, on which channels can these be found?

Yes, you will pick it up on one of the channel 13 PBS's.

You pick up fssn over the air with rabbit ears???

Well, I'm going to get a digital antenna and hope I'm as fortunate as you! Thanks!

I'm sure you will be. Make sure to get a uhf/vhf antenna. I believe the pbs channels come in on vhf and some of the newer flat type antennas are uhf only. The amplified antennas help signal a bit as well. Probably wont work in your basement but main floor should be fine.

I'm sure you will be. Make sure to get a uhf/vhf antenna. I believe the pbs channels come in on vhf and some of the newer flat type antennas are uhf only. The amplified antennas help signal a bit as well. Probably wont work in your basement but main floor should be fine.

Darn. I was hoping basement would work.