SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

…and some of the mistakes are things you just don’t do, and I’m sure are preached not to do. Maybe choosing to play pond hockey instead of following what they go over in video sessions put him in the doghouse.  No question that Sidorski deserves to be playing, as he does the right thing most of the time.

Your comparing a guy 120 games vs 34. Heck we have a  guy with over 170 games still not be perfect. Probably some room there for 6 to development and make mistakes.   Seems like we just had a guy with over 100 games have a bad turnover and we lost. If you compared all of #6 puck touches for the whole seasons u would probably see that the positive touches out way the negatives. 

34 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

Your comparing a guy 120 games vs 34. Heck we have a  guy with over 170 games still not be perfect. Probably some room there for 6 to development and make mistakes.   Seems like we just had a guy with over 100 games have a bad turnover and we lost. If you compared all of #6 puck touches for the whole seasons u would probably see that the positive touches out way the negatives. 

I don’t think Sidorski playing is in place of Johnson. They play different styles. I think it’s been a choice of Moore over Johnson on the third pairing. You could replace Johnson with Moore and I don’t know if there would be much difference. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, I Ranger said:

This is where I believe Berry made a very hypocritical decision by telling Morrow (yes I know there were other issues as well but what started it all was wanting him to play a year in the USHL) yet brining in a player who clearly needed another year if not two in the USHL. There's no question we lost the better of the two players. Sorry beating a dead horse with this one!   

I can barely talk about the morrow situation without getting frustrated. That was a bad whiff.

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Apparently Morrow didn't like his billet situation in Fargo and that's why he went back to Shattucks. Not sure if he's a diva or if he had a basement room at Buffalo Bill's place, but it'd be interesting to know more about what happened from the Force's perspective.

That’s not the reason at all.

15 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

What’s up with Panzer, 9 points in 36 games and no points in his last 12. 

May be a tough situation with him. He’s struggled bad in the ushl. He does have one more year of eligibility though. I’m hoping it starts clicking soon. Maybe a year in the ushl will help. I noticed Slipec is struggling bad too. He’s a year younger, but his numbers are really poor.

6 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

May be a tough situation with him. He’s struggled bad in the ushl. He does have one more year of eligibility though. I’m hoping it starts clicking soon. Maybe a year in the ushl will help. I noticed Slipec is struggling bad too. He’s a year younger, but his numbers are really poor.

Panzer got one tonight.  I’m guessing Slipec doesn’t see a lot of ice time.  If you look at how many forwards Chicago has in the leagues top scorers, there can’t be a lot more ice time to go around.

13 minutes ago, tnt said:

Panzer got one tonight.  I’m guessing Slipec doesn’t see a lot of ice time.  If you look at how many forwards Chicago has in the leagues top scorers, there can’t be a lot more ice time to go around.

I saw that, good for him. Needs to play hard the rest of the year and play another year. 

As for slipec, he probably should have played in the BC again tbh. I’m guessing he thought he would be playing with some of those big guns and it would help his draft stock. He’s not getting drafted now.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I saw that, good for him. Needs to play hard the rest of the year and play another year. 

As for slipec, he probably should have played in the BC again tbh. I’m guessing he thought he would be playing with some of those big guns and it would help his draft stock. He’s not getting drafted now.

A lot of those guys will be gone next year, so Slipec will get an opportunity to prove himself.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I think Panzer has dealt with injuries much of this season even when he has been playing.

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:09 AM, scpa0305 said:

#50 is more like it I’m thinking, some have Perron going in the first. I’m not so sure anymore, unless he’s current hurt. His numbers have taken a significant dip since his hot start. They moved Celebrini off his line i believe and every came to a halt. Hopefully he he picks it back up.

Perron's recent numbers looking a bit better.

2g/6a in his last 5 games.

Hopefully he can finish the season strong.

21 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Perron had 4 assists tonight. 

Being on Celebrini’s line makes everything possible. Teasing (slightly) and good for him because he was slumping there for a bit. But in all seriousness…Celebrini is special. He’s 16 too.