SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Yes I know Starman compared Stetcher to Krug a few games back but there really should be no comparison at this point in their careers. Ā Yes, the compete level is right there but the production of Stetcher is no where near Krug's level yet. Ā Stetcher is no where near ready to make the jump....even Krug stuck around 3 years.

...and neither were 80 percent of the guys who leave early, but they leave. How many early signings this year will be playing next year in the NHL, not many. Not saying he will leave or would even contemplate it, but none of us has a clue what these guys are thinking, so to be so confident in percentages they stay or go seems strange, kind of like people who gave UND little chance to land Boeser or Mismash.

Why would you say that? Stecher is a free agent, and a lot of people need help. You look at the impact of a Torey Krug in Boston, and Stecher is a similar player with a high compete level. I hope he stays, but I hardly think it's a given. I'm hoping if he leaves, it means we won a national championship.

after watching many high talent guys at UND, there are no surprises, there's nobody on this roster that is going to step into the NHL right now and make a difference. They should all stay. Zane is probably the closest and will go.Ā 

after watching many high talent guys at UND, there are no surprises, there's nobody on this roster that is going to step into the NHL right now and make a difference. They should all stay. Zane is probably the closest and will go.Ā 

For sure, they should all stay, but I would have said the same for Gregoire, Jordan Parise, etc.Ā 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3712084-und-mens-hockey-und-lands-commitment-coveted-shattuck-prospect

Ā 

"Grant is a lot like a lot of the kids we've sent up to Grand Forks from here," longtime Shattuck coach Tom Ward said. "He is a rinkrat. He's a hockey player. He plays with passion. He's skillful, but he plays with an edge. He doesn't play like an Edina kid. He plays like a kid who grew up in the country, playing like a farm boy, which is a compliment. He will fit in up there like a warm glove."
Ā 
Mismash was promoted to the prep team as a sophomore, which is rare under coach Ward. Others who have done that include Shattuck-to-UND stars Zach Parise and Jonathan Toews.

I can see Stecher leaving because he's a FA.Ā Ā  he's clearly a very good player with a future, and i would expect teams will line up to sign him.Ā  Sometimes I'm sure a kid has to evaluate his future earning potential and take the money when it's available.

Ā 

A drafted player may suffer an injury, but still has a chance to sign with the team that drafted him.Ā  A FA who gets injured may find himself fighting for an ECHL contract.

Ā 

I sure hope he's back, but the whole FA thing, IMO, means a greater chance that he leaves early to take the bird in hand.

As a fan, I hope they all decide it's in their ownĀ bestĀ interests to stay and develop for anotherĀ year.Ā  It would be a shame to have this exceptional group of sophomores together for only two years.

Everything I've heard is Zane and Jordan are all but gone. LaDue is the next biggest risk and it's 50/50. Drake and Stecher are not likely, but there's a small chance.

Ā 

Tucker is intriguing, to me. Honestly, I'm not sure I see a more NHL ready player on this team. Has so much to his game.

Everything I've heard is Zane and Jordan are all but gone. LaDue is the next biggest risk and it's 50/50. Drake and Stecher are not likely, but there's a small chance.

Ā 

Tucker is intriguing, to me. Honestly, I'm not sure I see a more NHL ready player on this team. Has so much to his game.

I think Jordan is easily the most likely toĀ sign and even though Zane is the most pro ready player I don't think it is a sure thing he signs. We will see on Zane it will be a hard decision for him just because he loves UND so much I think whether we win the National Championship or not will play a big role in his decision.

Ā 

I do agree with your comment about Zane and Jordan but who have you heard that from outside of this site?

Ā 

Ladue is probably more like 30/70...it would have to be a heck of a deal.Ā  Tucker is going no where soon, he has a lot to learn yet.

I do agree with your comment about Zane and Jordan but who have you heard that from outside of this site?

Ā 

Ladue is probably more like 30/70...it would have to be a heck of a deal.Ā  Tucker is going no where soon, he has a lot to learn yet.

Ā 

Ā 

You should switch Ladue's ratio. It's more like 70/30 with a serious, I have two more games left in my UND jerseys and that's the truth.Ā 

I heard that Zane is taking the free flight with the team next week and when Hak has his back turned he is going to slip away and sign a pro contract just hours before UND plays Boston University. Then Cam Johnson is going to suit up and not wear a helmet in turn the NCAA is going to implementĀ theĀ "no lifting the puck" rule (Rule 127.6.4 on page 34 of the rule book). I also heard through the grape vine that Stephane Pattyn, who they call the "general,"is actually a general in the 3rd infantry of the Canadian armyĀ and is going to have to go do his duty to the country and will miss the game as well. See we all canĀ say things with no real evidence behind it ,like i just did, but the only way to find out what is going to happen is to play the time honored "waiting game". i personally have evidence to back up my findings but that is for another day. :whistling:Ā  :whistling:Ā  :whistling:Ā  :DĀ  :DĀ  :D

I can't see LaDue signing.Ā  He just isn't anyway near an NHL player at this point.Ā  He needs to improve his skating to stand a chance.Ā  He doesn't win footraces at the college level.Ā  I won't put him in my top 4 pro prospects from the D-core.

Ā 

As an aside, I can't wait to see Poolman back at D next year.Ā  He will be an absoluteĀ beast.

...and neither were 80 percent of the guys who leave early, but they leave. How many early signings this year will be playing next year in the NHL, not many. Not saying he will leave or would even contemplate it, but none of us has a clue what these guys are thinking, so to be so confident in percentages they stay or go seems strange, kind of like people who gave UND little chance to land Boeser or Mismash.

But we were talking about the comparison between stetcher and krug. Everything else you noted makes sense and is known.

I can't see LaDue signing.Ā  He just isn't anyway near an NHL player at this point.Ā  He needs to improve his skating to stand a chance.Ā  He doesn't win footraces at the college level.Ā  I won't put him in my top 4 pro prospects from the D-core.

Ā 

As an aside, I can't wait to see Poolman back at D next year.Ā  He will be an absoluteĀ beast.

Ā 

He will not step in the NHL right away, but he will get his pro career started. I think some of you posters forget that the AHL is the second best level stateside for professional hockey. One is that much closer to reaching their dream of making the NHL. Players have a short window. Paul is older and he will develop in the AHL.Ā 

Ā 

No one is telling him (family, friends, advisor) that he'll play in the NHL next year. He knows that.Ā