SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Over The Boards @OTBPuckWatch 12m12 minutes ago

99 F Grant Mismash (SSM Prep) commits to North Dakota. Our #5 uncommitted, massive get. Elite 6'0 forward with all the tools to succeed.

Over The Boards @OTBPuckWatch 10m10 minutes ago

New #UND recruit Grant Mismash had 31-31-62 in 52 games. 3rd on team scoring at Nationals this week. Won Nat'l championship with the U14s.

Over The Boards @OTBPuckWatch 8m8 minutes ago

That's a huge add for UND. Red Deer (WHL), who drafted Mismash last year, will host the Memorial Cup in 2016, before his draft year in 2017.

who is expected in next year. I assume Jordan will leave and maybe zane. but I can't see another flight risk. With that said which players do we see wearing green next year

I agree. I think Jordan is gone, although I think it would be a mistake. I don't see him playing big league for a while yet. My heart says Zane stays.

If Jordan is all we lose for early next season, this team will again be solid. If Zane comes back, I see him with a Hobey.

I'm not saying anyone should leave, but I fully expect to be without J. Schmaltz, Zane, probably LaDue and maybe Stecher next year.  There's just a lot of buzz out there.

Why do you think LaDue will be gone? Are the scouts wanting to sign him already? We've had defensemen in the past who were more talented all-around than him & they stayed 3 or 4 years.

Stecher is quite dynamic, has the potential for big-game plays & he's always moving his feet.. But he's on the small side & I've seen forwards go right around or through him him a few times this year. I would have thought he'd be here at least 3 years.

Theres no chance that Stecher is gone. I don't see how thats a possibility at all.

Why would you say that? Stecher is a free agent, and a lot of people need help. You look at the impact of a Torey Krug in Boston, and Stecher is a similar player with a high compete level. I hope he stays, but I hardly think it's a given. I'm hoping if he leaves, it means we won a national championship.

Why would you say that? Stecher is a free agent, and a lot of people need help. You look at the impact of a Torey Krug in Boston, and Stecher is a similar player with a high compete level. I hope he stays, but I hardly think it's a given. I'm hoping if he leaves, it means we won a national championship.

Yes I know Starman compared Stetcher to Krug a few games back but there really should be no comparison at this point in their careers.  Yes, the compete level is right there but the production of Stetcher is no where near Krug's level yet.  Stetcher is no where near ready to make the jump....even Krug stuck around 3 years.

Why do you think LaDue will be gone? Are the scouts wanting to sign him already? We've had defensemen in the past who were more talented all-around than him & they stayed 3 or 4 years.

Stecher is quite dynamic, has the potential for big-game plays & he's always moving his feet.. But he's on the small side & I've seen forwards go right around or through him him a few times this year. I would have thought he'd be here at least 3 years.

With guys that came in a little older, like Ladue and Poolman, teams might want to get them in their system. I know Schlossman has mentioned Ladue as a flight risk several times, so maybe he has heard rumblings.

Yes I know Starman compared Stetcher to Krug a few games back but there really should be no comparison at this point in their careers. Yes, the compete level is right there but the production of Stetcher is no where near Krug's level yet. Stetcher is no where near ready to make the jump....even Krug stuck around 3 years.

Stecher isn't going anywhere.

His age....and yes LA will try to get him to play in the AHL next year.