SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I completely agree with you on the Seth Jones comment. I also appreciated how he handled the situation. The difference is probably that Seth Jones was a lotto pick where every team in US and Canada will hold their breath for him. I don't think UND would hold their breath for Mantha. Had he not committed last year....they simply would have found some other kid. Mantha doesn't have that kind of pull.

Which is what confuses me all the more for why he'd go OHL. It sounds like he needs the extra time to develop. If he's worried about cracking the line-up due to a deep D roster, how does he think he's going to make it as a pro?

Which is what confuses me all the more for why he'd go OHL. It sounds like he needs the extra time to develop. If he's worried about cracking the line-up due to a deep D roster, how does he think he's going to make it as a pro?

He should actually be lined up to play quite a bit I would imagine right away. We will lose Mattson and Panzarella for sure and probably Schmaltz. This would leave us with 5 D returning and Chartrand and himself coming in for sure. I think he would be pegged for that 6th D spot. If it was this coming year, than yes I don't think he would see much icetime. Shaw, Evers and Pelnik are also possibilities but I see them playing another year of juniors.

It's open season these days with recruits. I don't blame anyone who is 17/18 years old on the route they decide to take between college and major juniors. Yeah some situations could be handled different but it's the way the recruiting game is played these days for potential future nhlers.

The coaches know for the most part when they have a MJ risk at hand when recruiting certain players. Ive noticed Hak and co have changed their recruiting going very local last couple years of verbals.. The Sioux will be a very heavy local/semi local in the next few years, now a few high ends can still bolt for MJ but the trend of kids haks landed lately have a lot of green blood in them in one way or another . Verbals are what they are and things have been changing with the MJ battles. Hak and co. should screw the gentlemens agreement as well. Go sioux!

These kids are looking for a bunch of PT now....not in two years. He'll get that in the ohl as he'll be older. But you're right, if he's good enough to play pro (in a few years, as he'll age out of the o) he should be able to fight his way through our D lineup...one would think.

The coaches know for the most part when they have a MJ risk at hand when recruiting certain players. Ive noticed Hak and co have changed their recruiting going very local last couple years of verbals.. The Sioux will be a very heavy local/semi local in the next few years, now a few high ends can still bolt for MJ but the trend of kids haks landed lately have a lot of green blood in them in one way or another . Verbals are what they are and things have been changing with the MJ battles. Hak and co. should screw the gentlemens agreement as well. Go sioux!

Local and family connections. I think if Jordan didn't play here, Nick would be a much higher flight risk than he is. That's the way to go.

In other important news, my softball team only lost 12-7 for our first game, which is significantly closer than expected :D

Local and family connections. I think if Jordan didn't play here, Nick would be a much higher flight risk than he is. That's the way to go.

In other important news, my softball team only lost 12-7 for our first game, which is significantly closer than expected :D

Agree on the schmaltz brothers. Nick is the most high end forward the sioux have landed since Oshie stafford zajac style first round guys. Can't wait to see him on the ice

Top 100 draft prospects get invited

Gersich was top at combine in vertek vert jump, standing long jump and hand eye test. Gersich also 3rd in leg peak power

Leg power average Mantha was 8th overall

Left hex agility , paganski 9th and schmaltz 10th

Mean power outlook schmaltz 4th, Gersich 8th

Did Gersich accelerate his school to be able to come in if so?

Gersich was top at combine in vertek vert jump, standing long jump and hand eye test. Gersich also 3rd in leg peak power

Don't recall if we ever heard anything definitive on whether Gersich was accelerating or not but could that be why they haven't announced the incoming recruits yet? Maybe waiting to see if Gersich will be able to come in this fall or not?

Were any of them able to do a pull-up?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/nhl-draft-sam-bennett-pull-up

:ohmy:

Don't recall if we ever heard anything definitive on whether Gersich was accelerating or not but could that be why they haven't announced the incoming recruits yet? Maybe waiting to see if Gersich will be able to come in this fall or not?

When do they typically announce incoming freshmen?

Seems to be different every year sometimes earlier and sometimes later. Last years class was released on May 17th and the year before was May 23rd.

I'm thinking the Gersich acceleration might just be the reason we haven't heard as of yet.