SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

On 7/28/2021 at 4:45 PM, scpa0305 said:

Interesting. USHL is a much tougher league.

Needed a change of scenery IMHO.  Numbers not great in Iowa.  Heard some scout talk of fighting the puck and then some.

Only 18, so maybe getting hung out to dry a couple seasons in the wide open BC may get him on track.

4 hours ago, AJS said:

Great day by Berry and the Coaching staff! All three recruits (1 last year, 2 for this upcoming year) were tenders for their respective USHL teams. High end. 

All seem like great humans and great hockey players.

Perron: 

"He's so special," Needham said. "He is an elite, high-skilled forward that is unbelievably intelligent. He's a really strong skater. He's going to fit very well with the Chicago Steel and that style of play. I think he's so under the radar, which just blows my mind. But I think he's a guy that ends up doing a lot for Hockey Canada and takes the USHL by storm next year.

"His character. . . he's everything North Dakota hockey, I feel like, tries to identify when they recruit. For me, personally, what he has done just in terms of his focus, his training, how much he loves hockey. . . . what he's done for our culture in the Sioux Falls Power program, I'm so thankful. He's a special kid."

Strathmann: 

"He's probably the best teammate I've ever coached," said Ryan Ward, who coached Strathmann last season and serves as Tri-City's director of player development. "He's insanely loyal. He's a guy who tries to make teammates better every single practice. He's ultra, ultra competitive in anything he does, which is great. Any time you have a captain and leader like that, it just elevates everyone's game and speeds up the development process exponentially. He set the tone every single day last year. He has a genuine ability to lead. He's a leader of men."

Livanavage: 

"He loves UND," Needham said of Livanavage. "He's so excited to play there. Both of these guys (Perron and Livanavage) are. It's a dream of theirs. They're really highly touted prospects and they're so proud to play there."

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ChadR said:

USHL released their initial 30 man rosters:

https://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/1181346

Lot of our recruits playing in this league this year. Tri-City, Chicago, Muskegon all have multiple of ours. 

Didn't see Jaksen Panzer on Sioux Falls? Braden is on the Force initial list.

I don't believe Panzer cut the squad this year. Which is fine. Still relatively young. Ausmus did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...