SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

17 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I recommend everyone give this weeks spitten chiclets a listen. Boesers interview at the end was great but Biz’ story about the chick with the Zyn in the upper deck had me rolling. I guarantee you a good laugh here. 

• Upvote 1

It's almost been a decade since Brock Boeser decided to attend the University of North Dakota but the reason why he chose Grand Forks over Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota is fresh information. 

Boeser, the 26-year-old from Burnsville, Minn. already in his eighth NHL season with the Vancouver Canucks, explained on the Spittin' Chiclets podcast what prevented him from playing for the Gophers in college. 

"Because my cousin played at Wisconsin I hated the Gophers. I went on a visit there two different times, I tried to see if I could like it, I just couldn't do it," Boeser said. 

https://share.newsbreak.com/65ve01st

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dustnyou said:

I recommend everyone give this weeks spitten chiclets a listen. Boesers interview at the end was great but Biz’ story about the chick with the Zyn in the upper deck had me rolling. I guarantee you a good laugh here. 

I never miss an episode and the Zyn thing had me lmao

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:05 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Not really. If you had actually listened to the interview than you’d know he wasn’t actually gunna go there regardless if he got a tour or not.

On 2/18/2024 at 7:46 AM, siouxkid12 said:

Not really. If you had actually listened to the interview than you’d know he wasn’t actually gunna go there regardless if he got a tour or not.

I listened afterwards; they had a chance after the decommit and Hammy sure was convinced he was going there. Pretty sure he took his twitter account private after that.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:21 PM, dustnyou said:

Have the Spittin chicklets but this weekend’s has not been posted.  What is the name of the episode? 

Duncan was obviously not the best player on his line, considering the other two guys are NHL or Olympic legends, and he seemed to have no problem acknowledging that.  Without looking at boxscores to fact check this, I believe he did not miss a beat when the future legends were out of the lineup, and just went right on scoring.  I think that helped his Hobey case. 

It may seem easy to put the puck in the net when you have a little room, but surprisingly few guys can do it.  And he often didn't have much room from his office.  Great player.

• Upvote 4