SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

On 11/16/2023 at 9:10 AM, burd said:

Jeff Sauer brought CC to town for that series if I recall.  

Not sure.  I got talked into going to the game by a roommate.  First game of hockey I had seen.  People rushed the doors with people getting stepped on.  Everyone seemed to be in shock that there were so many seats.  My first seat was ice level right next to a guy that turned on a red light when a goal was scored.  Even though we were behind the glass, I spent a lot of time ducking.  A lady a few rows behind me got hit in the forward and before it started bleeding we saw the cut.  But later she came back with stitches and bandage.  Tough fans.
I was hooked to Sioux Hockey ever since, rarely missed a game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LuvHockey said:

Dang! Austen Matthews passed Boeser in total goals (23-22) now. What a great start for Brock. 

I read in an article prior to this season quoting Brock saying that he was not satisfied with last year and that he intended to increase his focus on the game this year.  Very humble guy, it seems.  

16 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Brock scored his 23rd today in Chicago and once again is tied with Matthew’s 

Apparently there are a lot of "Brockstars" as Brock Nelson has 15 goals this year and Brock Faber for the Wild has been pretty impressive as well.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, scpa0305 said:

T Jost put on waivers. Tough to see how his pro career has went along. He is the definition of a player that left college hockey (way) too early.

He has hung around in the big league for quite a few years, albeit as a journeyman.

But you are right, he could have used at least one more year in the college game.

16 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He has hung around in the big league for quite a few years, albeit as a journeyman.

But you are right, he could have used at least one more year in the college game.

At least. Unless you’re putting up video game numbers, no point in leaving for the pros that early. He’s still only 25 years old.

As my uncle used to always say, if you can’t have a beer at the bar after practice with the fellas…stay in school.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1