SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

9 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Not a former player, but a former coach, sounds like Hak is on the way out. Hopefully he finds his next spot quickly.

Dumb move but then again Buffalo Hired Lindy Ruff again because nostalgia.

Seattle are still 3 years away with how Francis is doing things.  

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Not a former player, but a former coach, sounds like Hak is on the way out. Hopefully he finds his next spot quickly.

Say what? 

Hakstol-UND_player-200x300.jpg

Former captain

• Upvote 4

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

If the Kraken don't improve after the coaching change, then Francis may be on the way out as well. Scapegoating only works for so long.

He made some head scratching decisions since he became the GM.  

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

SEA sets back development plan and goals at least two seasons. 

I guess the lesson in all of this is not to overachieve early as a franchise.  Gerard Gallant gets the axe early on with Vegas after overachieving and so did the Kraken.  I would think with the lack of finishing ability, the Kraken would wait until they get some high end talent, which I thought was why they didn't go head on into free agency, because they wanted to progress like most new franchises do.   Very odd, but I have a feeling they have someone in mind they want to install. 

Better get the job done sooner than later in the big boy world of professional sports.  Overachieve one year, and ending up where you likely should end up based on your talent ends up costing you your job.

Either way, I'm sure he has some buy out money from that contract headed his way.  

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

If you're going to scapegoat the coach because they haven't done what Vegas has done, at least spend the money on free agency like Vegas did.   

Not everyone has guys on the LTIR like Vegas, though...

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

I guess the lesson in all of this is not to overachieve in your first year as a franchise.  Gerard Gallant gets the axe early on with Vegas after overachieving and so did the Kraken.  I would think with the lack of finishing ability, the Kraken would wait until they get some high end talent, which I thought was why they didn't go head on into free agency, because they wanted to progress like most new franchises do.   Very odd, but I have a feeling they have someone in mind they want to install. 

When they hired DeBoer after Gallant I was like what is Vegas doing, do they not see that DeBoer sucks in the playoffs. 

If Hak goes to the Sharks and gets them in the playoffs would be funny 

If Francis hires his buddy Dean Evason then we'll know where this came from.   Will be interesting to see if he does that if they spend a ton of money to be more competitive offensively.   

23 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Or have a competent GM that fleeced everyone in the expansion draft. 

That's the thing, no way was Seattle going to be able to do the same after every team saw the outcome the first time around.  That's why I thought Seattle was doing the sensible thing by building draft capital and developing their young players.   Guess we'll see if they have changed their philosophy and spend on high end offensive talent. 

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

That's the thing, no way was Seattle going to be able to do the same after every team saw the outcome the first time around.  That's why I thought Seattle was doing the sensible thing by building draft capital and developing their young players.   Guess we'll see if they have changed their philosophy and spend on high end offensive talent. 

All he did was have cap space, then didn't use it like he said he would. Francis should have just said spend three years tanking to get top 3 picks. 

36 minutes ago, cberkas said:

All he did was have cap space, then didn't use it like he said he would. Francis should have just said spend three years tanking to get top 3 picks. 

I think they let the wrong guy go 

• Upvote 1