SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

2 hours ago, tnt said:

I guess the lesson in all of this is not to overachieve early as a franchise.  Gerard Gallant gets the axe early on with Vegas after overachieving and so did the Kraken.  I would think with the lack of finishing ability, the Kraken would wait until they get some high end talent, which I thought was why they didn't go head on into free agency, because they wanted to progress like most new franchises do.   Very odd, but I have a feeling they have someone in mind they want to install. 

Bylsma who is coaching their AHL team has been the talk for weeks.

Hak has had an amazing NHL coaching career. 

I was surprised to hear just how short lived virtually all NHL coaches are.

They seem to just enjoy rotating them.

Of course, like at UND, just missing those deep playoff runs.

(Don't @ me. Deep 2 me is Natty or runner up.)

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So you understand the word ‘younger’. And it’s more like 39 months. ;)  

I did the math and realized Bubbs isn’t much older than me. ;)  

Word is that some of the players said they didn't want to play for Hakstol.   Other than the covid season, the last time the Flyers made the playoffs was under Hakstol, so I wonder if the same will be said of the Kraken in the next half decade.  Would be interesting to know if the player discontent is due to style of play, or the Hakstol stare.   

Wasn't there talk about Dane Jackson joining Hakstol in Seattle when he first got the job?  If so, I bet Jackson is glad he didn't go that direction.   If you last 5 years in the NHL it must seem like a lifetime. 

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

Wasn't there talk about Dane Jackson joining Hakstol in Seattle when he first got the job?  If so, I bet Jackson is glad he didn't go that direction.   If you last 5 years in the NHL it must seem like a lifetime. 

Fun fact: Steve Peters interviewed for a position with Seattle after he was fired from the Coyotes.

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Maple Leaf fans: “Wait this is what it will take to fire Keefe?”

Maple Leaf players exit interviews: “We won’t play for Keefe.”

GM: “I’ll look into it.”

MLSE: “Ummm, you work for us so no.”

:lol:

1 hour ago, Goon said:

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." Edgar Allan Poe

The word coming from the Kraken front office (supposedly) may be true or it may be a cover story; people here will never know the full scoop unless they have a direct line to their GM. It's always wise to maintain a healthy dose of skepticism anytime information comes from a corporate mouthpiece.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, .357 said:

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." Edgar Allan Poe

The word coming from the Kraken front office (supposedly) may be true or it may be a cover story; people here will never know the full scoop unless they have a direct line to their GM. It's always wise to maintain a healthy dose of skepticism anytime information comes from a corporate mouthpiece.

It would be nice to know which players said that.