SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

NHL.com article about Jost trade

Nice conversation with Tyson Jost.

But horrific factual error by the often-shoddy Dan Myers - "Jost became just the second UND player drafted in the top 10 of the NHL draft."  ARGH!

I can think of three off the top of my head, and I'm sure this board can recall others:

James Patrick #9 in 1981

Jason Herter #8 in 1989

Brian Lee #9 in 2005

12 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

NHL.com article about Jost trade

Nice conversation with Tyson Jost.

But horrific factual error by the often-shoddy Dan Myers - "Jost became just the second UND player drafted in the top 10 of the NHL draft."  ARGH!

I can think of three off the top of my head, and I'm sure this board can recall others:

James Patrick #9 in 1981

Jason Herter #8 in 1989

Brian Lee #9 in 2005

And some Toews guy as well just might be the highest! 

4 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

I think he was implying at the time he was drafted. 

That is correct.  If he would have specified with forward, I believe he would have been correct, as I believe the rest were all defensemen, including John Marks who was drafted #9 in a different era. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

I think he was implying at the time he was drafted. 

"Before that, Jost became just the second UND player ever selected in the top-10 of the NHL Draft (Jonathan Toews)."  <-- That sentence is incorrect. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Before that, Jost became just the second UND player ever selected in the top-10 of the NHL Draft (Jonathan Toews)."  <-- That sentence is incorrect. 

Yes, but Sanderson wasn't before that. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/tyson-jost-feeling-at-home-with-minnesota-wild

"Leaving NoDak was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had," Jost said. "Not a lot of people know this, but I really pondered over it and struggled with that decision. I even look back on it and you obviously have the what-ifs. I just had such a good relationship with those guys down there. I miss my time there so much. I can't express enough how much fun I had at NoDak. Honestly, I miss it every day still. It's just such a cool experience."

Jost said even though he achieved a childhood dream by playing in the NHL — he debuted a week after the end of UND's season — it was a difficult call to turn pro.

"I definitely struggled with the decision coming out of NoDak after one year," Jost said. "There were a lot of sleepless nights. 'What should I do?' I guess you can't really look back and wonder 'what if.' You can't have that mentality. You have to keep looking forward and do what you can to get better, but yeah, it was definitely a tough decision and I'm very happy for my time I had there, and all the friends and great memories I had there."

Tyson Jost ... is color blind?

When Jost, who was recently traded to the Minnesota Wild, joins a new team, he needs to explain his color vision deficiency so he can practice and participate without difficulty.

“I told the trainers to put me in white every time so I can tell what line I’m on,” Jost said. “But you know your linemates and stuff, so it’s not that big of a deal. … I know we’re burgundy, but I don’t really know what that looks like, I guess.”