AZSIOUX

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

584 posts in this topic

Well my birthday is Thursday, so naturally I took a vacation day on Friday. Considering our early game time, I'm thinking that was a pretty good move!

Just now, siouxweet said:

Unless you are like most people and have to work and can't watch it

There will be plenty that can watch. It's friday.

I haven't watched BU at all, but know they are loaded. Would Union have been a better draw? Or equally tough? Obviously beating them very shorthanded helps the wish for Union

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Friday is a weekday. People work on Fridays. Except in Chicago. I don't think they work on Fridays there based on mid-day traffic. 

2 minutes ago, franchise said:

I haven't watched BU at all, but know they are loaded. Would Union have been a better draw? Or equally tough? Obviously beating them very shorthanded helps the wish for Union

BU beat union w/o any of those top guys, I believe JFK did all the damage that game. They were also missing their starter....who was also on the u20 team.

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

In my world it is Thursday :) yay shift work

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

BU beat union w/o any of those top guys, I believe JFK did all the damage that game. They were also missing their starter....who was also on the u20 team.

So, you're saying "be concerned"?

Tons of skill on that BU team.  Should be a fun matchup.  We are 0-5 against Duluth but I feel better about UND playing them than Denver if they are able to get to Saturday.  

Ohio will get a ton of fan support, but if UND wins their game Friday, Ohio State will have unbelievable rabid fan support like they've never had before.

20 minutes ago, franchise said:

So, you're saying "be concerned"?

Haha yup. If they're firing we have no chance (given Poolman's injury).  But they're young and consistency can be an issue sometimes with younger players.  I'm hoping we play good and they don't.  

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Haha yup. If they're firing we have no chance (given Poolman's injury).  But they're young and consistency can be an issue sometimes with younger players.  I'm hoping we play good and they don't.  

No doubt this is a tough draw for us, hopefully a rabid crowd helps us a bit.

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I'm hoping they play like they've played in the last 2 regionals they've played in out West...

I think this our game to lose. Fans need to get in their heads. Someone should posts stats comparison for all four teams. 

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

UND played great defense minus 5 minutes this past weekend. #3 will play Friday. UND will win.............book it!

I can't cheer for a hockey east team or Big Ten School over an NCHC school.  Luck for the UMD haters I don't have tickets so I'll for cheering from my couch.

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Maybe my tinfoil hat is in overdrive but any chance NCAAs scheduled earlier games in fargo to lessen fan impact?

Solid use of a downvote Petey :lol:

13 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

I think we found our mantra for this playoff season!

I'm inspired

Friday at Joe Sensers in Bloomington - BOOK IT!

Having seen BU play, I'm not impressed with them. They get all this hype because of all the 1st rounders'.

There is one game. UND and BU. Nothing else matters.

Jost lost last time he faced most of those guys. It's books balancing time.

2 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Or Ohio state could just take care of it. That'd be fine with me. 

A Holy Cross scenario would be just fine.