SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

5 minutes ago, Kooshnitz said:

Wheres the pre-party at?

Last time it was at Fargo Billiards a few blocks away.

Not sure if it'll still be there again. My group walked to Pub West last time after the game to avoid waiting for the bus back. There is a few establishments within easy walking distance.

25 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Duluth fans shouldn't have a problem finding a place to park. Just hit the parking lot attendant from behind ....and park wherever you want.

I don't think that will work. there will be so many UND fans swarming to whine I won't be able to move the car. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Biddco said:

So what is the parking situation like? wont' arrive until the third of the UND-BU game. Park and walk far? 

In this post you came on and asked nicely so you should be answered. 

There is on site parking, but not sure if still available to purchase or not. There were a couple of places that ran park and ride for free, i know the softball fields by Sonic i believe on 45th was one. Billiards and a few bars ran shuttles too. I would think now that times are set a fan guide should be released soon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biddco said:

So what is the parking situation like? wont' arrive until the third of the UND-BU game. Park and walk far? 

I would check with Bulldog Tap and Hennessey's which are 2 bars next door to each other about a mile from the arena and see if they are running their busses between games or just for the start of the UND game and picking up after. I would guess they would be picking up fans between games who opt to go back to their establishments and drink so you could probably jump on a bus from there. Uber, Lyft, or a cab would be decent options if you wanted to go to the arena and then jump on a bus after.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I would check with Bulldog Tap and Hennessey's which are 2 bars next door to each other about a mile from the arena and see if they are running their busses between games or just for the start of the UND game and picking up after. I would guess they would be picking up fans between games who opt to go back to their establishments and drink so you could probably jump on a bus from there. Uber, Lyft, or a cab would be decent options if you wanted to go to the arena and then jump on a bus after.

much appreciated

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

Duluth fans shouldn't have a problem finding a place to park. Just hit the parking lot attendant from behind ....and park wherever you want.

Seemed to work at TC.  Then the car owner with the "C" will just be the CRYBABY and belittle and berate the attendant every time the parking attendant kicks one of their cars out of the garage.  I sure hope UND gets to play bumper cars with those jack wagons again.   

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

How the heck did Providence get rewarded by being placed in the Providence regional? Seems like a plumb reward for having barely squeaked into the tournament. 

Have another school near you host a regional in the town you play in.  No way the NCAA makes you leave even though you aren't the host.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

How the heck did Providence get rewarded by being placed in the Providence regional? Seems like a plumb reward for having barely squeaked into the tournament. 

Exactly 1 less season win than #1's Minnesota and UMD...those Friars are no slouch.

I think PC alums are funnelling money to Brown to host the regional every few years.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Last time it was at Fargo Billiards a few blocks away.

Not sure if it'll still be there again. My group walked to Pub West last time after the game to avoid waiting for the bus back. There is a few establishments within easy walking distance.

I live across the street from scheels arena so my place? Lol. If it was up to me I would suggest brewtus brickhouse for this. Awesome new bar just a couple blocks west of the arena. 

2 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

2 hours ago, Biddco said:

I don't think that will work. there will be so many UND fans swarming to whine I won't be able to move the car. 

Almost in tears laughing. That was actually pretty funny. 

Biddco - Controversial plays/calls/decisions aside, that was a pretty damn entertaining game. I think we all know Duluth's potential, though this past game was by far the most competitive of the season. You guys pretty much had our number the first 4 games. I thought that outside of the first 2 min. of the 2nd period, UND actually outplayed the Dawgs this weekend. That being said, I'm not sure I want to see a 6th game this season. I have to think that UND would match up better with OSU, but I just want to see us get past BU first. Enjoy the games, and Fargo.