SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

You are absolutely correct, Dar,...outside of a couple universities....collegiate hockey has no fan interest!!!!! People on this board make fun of  the attendance at BIG hockey games and playoffs...Again, at those Power 5 schools.... Hockey is way down on their athletic priority list!!!!!

Face it....hockey is a 'niche' sport!!!!!

• Downvote 1

Like a lot of UND fans my wife and youngest daughter will pass on the game tonight. I have 6 tickets so 2 of those are available for free if anyone wants to just enjoy some hockey tonight. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Like a lot of UND fans my wife and youngest daughter will pass on the game tonight. I have 6 tickets so 2 of those are available for free if anyone wants to just enjoy some hockey tonight. 

Really wish I wasn't working until six today, I'd take you up on those. 

When a fan's team loses the first game, I would guess that most of that fan base leaves before the 2nd game. It's just not as evident as it was in Fargo last night, because there usually aren't many fans at the other regionals and its hard to tell if anyone left or not after losing the first game.

That was a tough loss for everyone yesterday.

I stayed for the umd/Ohio game. If the scheels arena holds 5000, then 4000 people left after the first game if not more. If you took out all the und fans that were left then there would have been only 50 people left in the stands. Truly sad that hockey doesn't have better following outside of North Dakota. 

• Upvote 1