SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Early Departures

AZSIOUX

There may be a couple others already but saw on twitter UNO free agent d man sustr has left school mulling offers

@TSNBobMcKenzie: No surprise, but Andrej Sustr, 6-foot-8 Univ of Nebraska-Omaha junior dman (UFA), has officially decided to leave school/field NHL offers.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: UNO's college season ended on the weekend. Sustr will weigh his options, and he has many, this week. No rush or timetable on a decision.

In this day and age, I'm not a fan of the pylons that are so tall. Like Tyler Myers, they can't keep up with players like Toews, Kane, and other speedsters. The rules crackdown and level the physical playing field.

@uptownhockey: Uptown Sports is pleased to announce the signing of LSSU free agent forward Buddy Robinson to a 3 yr contract with the Ottawa Senators.

@ChrisDilks: Robinson is a 6'5" forward. Would have been a junior at Lake Superior next season.

@uptownhockey: Uptown Sports is pleased to announce the signing of LSSU free agent forward Buddy Robinson to a 3 yr contract with the Ottawa Senators.

I thought if I kept reading that it was going to say Uptown Sports hired him as a sales consultant in the shoe department of their retail sporting goods chain. :lol: Then, I found out Uptown Sports is an agency, and the dude signed with Ottawa...not bad!

I thought if I kept reading that it was going to say Uptown Sports hired him as a sales consultant in the shoe department of their retail sporting goods chain. :lol: Then, I found out Uptown Sports is an agency, and the dude signed with Ottawa...not bad!

I thought that's what some would read at first :) ha

Would have been the best early departure tweet ever if someone did do that! Lol. I would like to announce that im leaving school a year early. Next season I'm taking my talents to Dicks Sporting Goods as merchandise buyer ;)

I thought that's what some would read at first :) ha

Would have been the best early departure tweet ever if someone did do that! Lol. I would like to announce that im leaving school a year early. Next season I'm taking my talents to Dicks Sporting Goods as merchandise buyer ;)

Oh man, that made me laugh! :lol:

Apparently, Chris Casto from UMD is supposed to sing with the Bruins, or someone tweeted on Twitter today.

lincoln_stars_1997_normal.gifLincoln Stars Blog@blackblueblog1h

I haven't been able to find anything online, but I'm hearing UMD d-man Chris Casto has signed a ELC with the NHL Boston Bruins. #StarsAlumni

Retweeted by Eric J. BurtonExpand

DeKeyser from WMU gone as well...no surprise there, though.

and andy murray is a great ambassador for college hockey, para phrasing here "if he would have come into my office and told me I want to come back for my fourth year I would have told him no". typical nhl guy.

and andy murray is a great ambassador for college hockey, para phrasing here "if he would have come into my office and told me I want to come back for my fourth year I would have told him no". typical nhl guy.

I have no problem with that though. Hakstol has said himself, if a player is ready to leave early, he will tell him so.

as a player i would respect my coach more for his honesty than if he just fed me a line of bs. I bet Mark Sanchez is wishing he listened to his coach :lol:

If I recall, a similar conversation occurred between Toewser and Hak...