SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Early Departures

AZSIOUX

All four they were wondering about are gone, that hurts.

Still a possibility of Condon and Rau leaving too, but not as likely.

Doesn't really hurt me. I figured they were all gone long before the season ended. Maybe not Budish, but the other ones for sure.

I would be VERY surprised if Condon and/or Rau left. Highly unlikely IMO.

Doesn't really hurt me. I figured they were all gone long before the season ended. Maybe not Budish, but the other ones for sure.

I would be VERY surprised if Condon and/or Rau left. Highly unlikely IMO.

I can only HOPE Rau leaves...total flopper. I would relish not seeing him splattering all over my B10 screen next year.

The Mayor John Hoven

‏@mayorNHL

#LAKings GM Dean Lombardi confirms the plan is to try and get 2010 first rd pick defenseman Derek Forbort inked in the next few days.

Don't listen to them Derek, just talk to former players about the decison and you will realize it is best to spend another year in Grand Forks.

I can only HOPE Rau leaves...total flopper. I would relish not seeing him splattering all over my B10 screen next year.

Yes me two! I can't wait to read and watch video of him getting his ass kicked for that big mouth..

Yes mariucci I said I wanted him to get hurt, just so he learns to shut his mouth....

Don't listen to them Derek, just talk to former players about the decison and you will realize it is best to spend another year in Grand Forks.

Brad did mention during the sports chat that the Kings risk losing him if he stays in school another year. At this point I would be very surprised to see Forbs back next year. Schmaltz along with Simpson will have to log lots of ice time next year.

Yes me two! I can't wait to read and watch video of him getting his ass kicked for that big mouth..

Yes mariucci I said I wanted him to get hurt, just so he learns to shut his mouth....

Injuring him won't change his on ice antics of talking, its just who he is it's how he plays. Im assuming you were a fan of Blake, Prpich, and Hextall?

Injuring him won't change his on ice antics of talking, its just who he is it's how he plays. Im assuming you were a fan of Blake, Prpich, and Hextall?

The only comparison as far as "antics" of the three you named would be Blake (although Blake was a much better player), and he definitely was taught, and learned, his lesson pretty quickly at the next level courtesy of his own teammate.

Call them what you will, love 'em or hate 'em, but Prpich and Hextall were more than willing to back up their words and antics. Blake and Rau... not so much...

The only comparison as far as "antics" of the three you named would be Blake (although Blake was a much better player), and he definitely was taught, and learned, his lesson pretty quickly at the next level courtesy of his own teammate.

Call them what you will, love 'em or hate 'em, but Prpich and Hextall were more than willing to back up their words and antics. Blake and Rau... not so much...

Fair enough. I don't want to hijack the ealry departure thread though talking about Rau's yapper. :)

Absolutely I was a fan of them and what they did, but they didn't hide behind refs or team mates while doing it! They would be more than happy to back up their mouth! My favorite Rau move is flapping his lips after the battle is over in the hand shake line! All I'm saying is now he can't hide, I would be willing to bet his antics subside a large amount when he has to face the consequences...

Brad did mention during the sports chat that the Kings risk losing him if he stays in school another year. At this point I would be very surprised to see Forbs back next year. Schmaltz along with Simpson will have to log lots of ice time next year.

Are you sure we want Schmaltz with Simpson and not a freshman? Lol I'm sorry I had higher expectations for Schmaltz and he didn't impress me at all.

Everyone should just get used to Raus yapper for another 2 years anyways... bank it.

That's how I feel too. It would be crazy if he didn't stay all 4 years.

Saw Budish's deal on cap geek...pretty poor all things considered. Among the lowest of early signees...

Word was that he was encouraged to move on by the coaching staff. He would have been a 5th year player next year due to his injury a couple years ago, it was the right time. We don't need him to be the Trevor Mbakwe of Gophers hockey where he's on the team for about 17 years.

Dave Nonis, Senior Vice-President and General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced Wednesday that the hockey club has signed defenceman Andrew MacWilliam to a two-year entry level contract.

MacWilliam, 23, was selected by the Maple Leafs in the seventh round, 188th overall, in the 2008 Entry Draft. In 2012-13, he served as Captain of the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA), playing 41 games and leading the WCHA in penalty minutes (116).

Okay the more I see ongoing references to FIghting Sioux, the more i'm starting to think that it's time we push back on the NCAA. I know UND Administration can't support it and the people who attend games and sit on their hands think it's disloyal to UND to not move on, but really what if there was a grassroots effort that says, "We are the Fighting Sioux and we will remain the Fighting Sioux" deal with it. I think it goes beyond just having a closet full of Fighting Sioux shirts. It means not allowing the name or spirit of the name to disappear from sporting events. It means making sure incoming students understand the history and help preserve it. Big hurdle will be what happens when all the Fighting Sioux logo materials are sold out. Thoughts?

Dave Nonis, Senior Vice-President and General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced Wednesday that the hockey club has signed defenceman Andrew MacWilliam to a two-year entry level contract.

MacWilliam, 23, was selected by the Maple Leafs in the seventh round, 188th overall, in the 2008 Entry Draft. In 2012-13, he served as Captain of the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA), playing 41 games and leading the WCHA in penalty minutes (116).

Okay the more I see ongoing references to FIghting Sioux, the more i'm starting to think that it's time we push back on the NCAA. I know UND Administration can't support it and the people who attend games and sit on their hands think it's disloyal to UND to not move on, but really what if there was a grassroots effort that says, "We are the Fighting Sioux and we will remain the Fighting Sioux" deal with it. I think it goes beyond just having a closet full of Fighting Sioux shirts. It means not allowing the name or spirit of the name to disappear from sporting events. It means making sure incoming students understand the history and help preserve it. Big hurdle will be what happens when all the Fighting Sioux logo materials are sold out. Thoughts?

I agree with you and that is one of the main reasons I would like them not to use a new nickname in the future and instead say we just aren't going to have a nickname because more people would just continue to refer to us as the Fighting Sioux and I'd be very happy with that.

They are going to be missed, but I think that the incoming freshmen will be able to handle it. Its a sad day in siouxsports.com land

Cratter seems to have a lot of up-side and will be missed...but Wilbur? He was AWFUL in that game against Sacred Heart!