SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

They’re waiting on the state board probably.

Thanks.  Was curious what the holdup was after the TIF stuff was passed because I haven't seen any of the permitting stuff go through yet.  Haven't seen any new permits for any of the other TIF projects yet either.  Hopefully they all get started soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Very nice for sure.  For the amount of money it cost it should be nice though.  At least they didn't screw it up. 

can't wait for the new building on the memorial union to get going/finished

the campus is almost unrecognizable at times because of all the changes...weird that the street that used to go in front of the ROTC and MOA now runs behind it only and the parking lot in front of Twamley is a dead end parking lot....

the business school is going to be amazing when it's finished from my source inside twamley (now the union)

15 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Very nice for sure.  For the amount of money it cost it should be nice though.  At least they didn't screw it up. 

the biggest improvement onthe union is the proximity to university ave and the windows...in the past it was dark and uninviting...there seems to be a cool looking "fishbowl" study room on the 3rd or 4th level overlooking uni avenue that would is a cool looking spot for studying or doing a group project....

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Which we'll never see a dime of. She doesn't care about UND or our programs; she has made that clear from the beginning.

Step down from your high horse.
There's plenty to question/criticize (and I've done my fair share) but claiming she doesn't care at all and she has "made that clear" isn't accurate at all.

I'm glad the people who are in charge of actually looking after UND and raising money don't share the same attitude.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Step down from your high horse.
There's plenty to question/criticize (and I've done my fair share) but claiming she doesn't care at all and she has "made that clear" isn't accurate at all.

I'm glad the people who are in charge of actually looking after UND and raising money don't share the same attitude.

High horse? She has stated in the past that her father felt loyalty and attachment to UND, but since she went to UNLV, she does not. How else am I supposed to interpret that? Her dishonest behavior during the dispute with Kennedy (whom I also am not a big fan of) soured me on her as an honest broker. Ralph would never have behaved that way. Ralph was one of us. She is not.

If she makes a big donation to UND, I'll admit I was wrong. But I think we'll be waiting for that for a long time.

55 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Which we'll never see a dime of. She doesn't care about UND or our programs; she has made that clear from the beginning.

That's not exactly what Kris Engelstad McGarry said. 

“Frankly, the governance and the leadership isn’t there, so our confidence is less than it should be,” she said.

The Engelstad Foundation supports the Ralph Engelstad Arena, the hockey program and student scholarships at UND, programs that McGarry said the foundation will continue to support.