SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

The Minnesota '98 class looks to have some pretty good potential. Of the 124 picks in the USHL Phase 1 draft tonight I believe 21 high school/bantam players from Minnesota were selected along with 5 more from Shattuck and 1 player from MN had already been tendered before the draft. Another name that was drafted that caught my eye was Cole Thompson who is Keaton's brother but it seemed a little strange it listed his school as The Hockey Academy but I believe he played in Devils Lake this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Real nice get for Minnesota as the recent pipeline from Shattuck to the Gophers seems to just get stronger.

Over The Boards @OTBPuckWatch 12m

99 F Scott Reedy (SSM U14) commits to Minnesota. Huge in-state get for the Gophers. Elite playmaker at 6'0, 180 with speed and poise.

Real nice get for Minnesota as the recent pipeline from Shattuck to the Gophers seems to just get stronger.

99 F Scott Reedy (SSM U14) commits to Minnesota. Huge in-state get for the Gophers. Elite playmaker at 6'0, 180 with speed and poise.

Do they recruit anywhere else?

... I kid, I kid...

we didn't want him anyway...;)

A '99, wow

I thought this thread was for prospective Sioux recruits not gopher. Who cares who the gophers get and they can go pound sand.

I thought this thread was for prospective Sioux recruits not gopher. Who cares who the gophers get and they can go pound sand.

I'd bet a pretty good amount of money he was a prospective Sioux recruit he just didn't become a committed Sioux recruit. The 2 schools do recruit a lot of the same kids and this was one of the top '99 recruits in the U.S. so it is a pretty safe guess that there was interest from the Sioux.

No doubt. A lot can happen in the 4 years until he makes it to campus!

I thought ditching the gentleman's agreement would preclude getting such young commitments. I guess there's plenty of time to get him to change his mind though. :silly:

I thought ditching the gentleman's agreement would preclude getting such young commitments. I guess there's plenty of time to get him to change his mind though. :silly:

Especially since Lucia encourages the lack of the gentleman's agreement.

Open season on the recruitment of Reedy by other schools still! ;)

Chris Dilks @ChrisDilks 7m

Rogers HS '98 D Matt Hellickson has committed to Notre Dame. Will play for NTDP U17s next season.

Real nice player was hoping he would end up at UND. Aside from UND and the Minnesota schools Notre Dame seems to be the other school that really has success recruiting high end Minnesota kids.

I thought the same thing as well.