SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Some more players that might be getting looked at by the coaches.

Collin Adams - (Forward) - Honeybaked U16 

Kristian Afanasyev - (Forward) - Honeybaked U16

Alexander Chmelevski - (Forward) - Honeybaked U16 - 20112/13 Belle Tire Bantam Minor AAA 29 games played (28-36-64); 2013/14 Belle Tire Bantam Major AAA 28 games played (22-31-53).

Vanya Lodnia - (Forward) - Honeybaked U16 - 2012/13 Belle Tire Bantam Minor AAA 28 games played (32-24-56); 2013/14 Belle Tire Bantam Major AAA 28 games played (25-30-55).

Dylan St. Cyr - (Goalie) Honeybaked U16

Casy Mittelstadt - (Forward)

AJ DiCesare - (Defense) - Omaha U16 - Christian DiCesare's twin brother.

Christian DiCeasre - (Defense) - Omaha U16 - AJ DiCesare's twin brother.

Note: Kristian Afanasyev, Alexander Chmelevski, and Vanya Lodnia played on the same line at a tournament this year. 

I've mentioned Mittelstadt and have heard very good things about him and the way he has played in the elite league. He played bantams for Eden Prairie last year so this will be his first varsity season but based on how he has performed in elite league I would be surprised if he isn't receiving interest from a lot of top programs.

I believe mittelstadt was named player of the year in bantams last year. He is an example of a kid that probably could have played varsity as a freshman but interestingly enough was stuck in bantams and just tore it up

Anything is possible when a nephew of Neal Broten commits to UND, but I did notice mittelstadt called kyle rau his hockey idol in a recent interview- for whatever little that might be worth

Matej Tomek a goalie that will be playing for Topeka Roadrunners in the NAHL. THE NAHL has produced some very good goalies at the college level. Tomek is a 6'3" butterfly goalie from Slovakia. 

2012/13  HC Slovan Bratislava U18 19 games played 2.05 GAA .926 SV%

2013/14 Team Slovakia U18 14 games played 2.39 GAA .936 SV%, 2013/14 HK SKP Poprad U18 6 games played 2.34 GAA .925 SV%, 2013/14 HK SKP Poprad U20 2 games played 1.50 GAA .956 SV%, 2013/14 Slovakia U17 4 games played 1.95 GAA .953 SV%, 2013/14 Slovakia U18 3 games played 4.29 GAA .870 SV%

Auston Matthews with a goal tonight against Miami (OH).

Brandon Biro scores a goal for Spruce Grove Saints. Biro has a point per game average as a 16 year old for the Saints.

A goalie worth keeping an eye on, Matej Tomek gave up a goal in a win for the Topeka Roadrunners. Tomek is 4-1 on the year with 2 shutouts and a 1.01 GAA .962 SV%

Tyson Jost with an assist for Penticton Vees. 

Jordy Bellerive who was the #2 overall pick in last years WHL Bantam draft (he has yet to sign in the WHL). The schools team website says they're playing in North Dakota for OHA (Okanagan Hockey Academy) Midget Prep White on October 10th, 11th, and 12th. I'm guessing that they will be playing in Grand Forks, also the OHA Midget Prep Red team will be in North Dakota 10th, 11th, and 12th. 

Jordan "Jordy" Bellerive: 2012/13 North Shore WC Bantam A1-T1 65 games played (68-60-128); 2013/14 North Shore WC Bantam WC A1-T1 49 games played (61-53-114).

Jordy Bellerive wears #19

Taylor Ward also plays for OHA Midget Prep White #14

Jost and Fabbro were the 1st and 2nd stars of the game last night in a Penticton win.

Jost with a goal and Fabbro with a goal and an assist on Jost's goal.

Riley Simpson with a goal and an assist in a win last night.

Biro, Simpson teammate also had a goal. 

Update on some names mentioned and some speculation.

Tanner Tweten is having a pretty good elite league season 17 GP 7G 8A 15P 20 PIMS.

John Peterson on a pretty good Southwest team 17 GP 6G 6A 12P 20 PIMS.

Hank Sorensen is another pretty good Wayzeta area player 16GP 6G 6A 45 PIMS.

Colton Poolman in Fargo 5GP 1A +1 4 Shots

Dixon Bowen in Fargo 5GP -2 4 Shots 10 PIMS.

Tye Ausmus in Lincoln 5GP -3 2 Shots 4 PIMS.

Austin Matthews for Team USA in the USHL 3GP 5A 5P -2 13 Shots. 

Tyson Jost for Penticton 9GP 6G 7A 13 P.

Dante Fabbro for Penticton 9GP 2G 6A 8P 6 PIMS. 

Anyone know who they are targeting on the blue line for next year. Assuming Schmaltz goes to the NHL, they add Chartrand and Evers. Shaw is an option.... Kierstad is a few years away. But they will need to add a third to go with Chartrand and Evers.

Chartrand is list as a 2016 recruit at Flin Flon, so not I'm not sure when he is expected to come to UND. Two will come in next year for sure, I'm guessing that's Evers and Shaw. For future Defensemen Dante Fabbro and Chad Krys would be two I'd like to see come to UND.

Anyone know who they are targeting on the blue line for next year. Assuming Schmaltz goes to the NHL, they add Chartrand and Evers. Shaw is an option.... Kierstad is a few years away. But they will need to add a third to go with Chartrand and Evers.

Schlossman said he in the Herald chat that he would probably expect Chartrand, Evers, and Shaw to come in next year with the losses of Mattson, Schmaltz, and possibly LaDue so if we lost all 3 that would leave us with Ausmus, Thompson, Stecher, Poolman, Chartrand, Evers, and Shaw but I still wouldn't be surprised if they added a older USHL type guy as a depth defenseman to give them 8.

Chartrand is list as a 2016 recruit at Flin Flon, so not I'm not sure when he is expected to come to UND. Two will come in next year for sure, I'm guessing that's Evers and Shaw. For future Defensemen Dante Fabbro and Chad Krys would be two I'd like to see come to UND.

I would think Chartrand would come in next year as I believe he will turn 21 in January. A couple other names to keep an eye on and see how they play in the USHL that could be brought in next year if needed are Colton Poolman, Tye Ausmus, and Eddie Eades.

I would think Chartrand would come in next year as I believe he will turn 21 in January. A couple other names to keep an eye on and see how they play in the USHL that could be brought in next year if needed are Colton Poolman, Tye Ausmus, and Eddie Eades.

I would think that it would be Chartrand, Shaw and Evers before the 3 East Side guys.  They would probably need a little more seasoning first.  Don't rule out that someone from this team isn't happy with playing time and goes somewhere else.  Not highly likely, but with draft picks, you never know what the main club is putting in these kid's ears.

I would think that it would be Chartrand, Shaw and Evers before the 3 East Side guys.  They would probably need a little more seasoning first.  Don't rule out that someone from this team isn't happy with playing time and goes somewhere else.  Not highly likely, but with draft picks, you never know what the main club is putting in these kid's ears.

Yes I was factoring in Chartrand, Evers, and Shaw all being here next year and then adding maybe one of the EGF kids or some other USHL guy too if they want an 8th defenseman on the roster if we do lose both Schmaltz and LaDue.