SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the wiki and was wondering if UND truly has an interest in nikolas olsson anymore. It's kind of hard to see if he still fits in in the next year or two.

Don't even look at the Wiki for recruiting stuff. It's so outdated. There's only 3 "prospective" players listed on there. 1 is a freshman at UMD, 1 is committed to Quinnipiac and Olsson I don't know his deal.

Don't even look at the Wiki for recruiting stuff. It's so outdated. There's only 3 "prospective" players listed on there. 1 is a freshman at UMD, 1 is committed to Quinnipiac and Olsson I don't know his deal.

Yea I saw that it was out of date but figured there must have been some interest in him at some point. Seems to have had a lot of potential originally but looks to have drop somewhat significantly.

Yea I saw that it was out of date but figured there must have been some interest in him at some point. Seems to have had a lot of potential originally but looks to have drop somewhat significantly.

I think the last I heard of interest was when he was with the U-17 team, which was probably 3 years ago. I'm not sure what he's up to these days. I think he moved on to the USHL after he aged out of the NTDP, but not sure if he's still around the league.

I think the last I heard of interest was when he was with the U-17 team, which was probably 3 years ago. I'm not sure what he's up to these days. I think he moved on to the USHL after he aged out of the NTDP, but not sure if he's still around the league.

Hes at Sioux City now 7 points in 35 games this year with a +8 rating. Seems to have had a lot of potential in his younger years but it just seemed to drop since he played for the U-17 team

Is he a Genoway type for those who watch him play?

Are there any more ausmus kids? Also is dillon Simpsons younger brother a potential get? Thought I heard MJ on him but could be wrong on that

97 D Tye Ausmus – East Grand Forks

Height: 5’7, Weight: 150

We’ve written plenty on Ausmus, the undersized but effective defenseman from a Green Wave program that’s making some waves with a strong rising nucleus. Schools may shy away because of his height, and his slightly decreased production this season won’t help, but he’s still a nice talent on the back-end.

http://overtheboards.net/uncommitted-mnhs-prospects-2014/

Are there any more ausmus kids? Also is dillon Simpsons younger brother a potential get? Thought I heard MJ on him but could be wrong on that

We’ve written plenty on Ausmus, the undersized but effective defenseman from a Green Wave program that’s making some waves with a strong rising nucleus. Schools may shy away because of his height, and his slightly decreased production this season won’t help, but he’s still a nice talent on the back-end.

http://overtheboards...prospects-2014/

I would guess there is some interest in both. Tye will need some years of juniors to get bigger (hopefullyhe still has room to grow also) and prove he can compete with the bigger players. Riley seems to be playing well for spruce grove. Will need a few more years though probably reevaluate after next year. He is owned by Edmonton though so he might want to stay close to home.

I would guess there is some interest in both. Tye will need some years of juniors to get bigger (hopefullyhe still has room to grow also) and prove he can compete with the bigger players. Riley seems to be playing well for spruce grove. Will need a few more years though probably reevaluate after next year. He is owned by Edmonton though so he might want to stay close to home.

Thank you! Are they both puck mover d men?

http://overtheboards...prospects-2014/

I believe there is at least one more younger brother who isn't at the high school level yet. Ausmus is definitely a skilled puck moving d-man but he will probably need to prove himself in juniors a couple years before the interest from schools really pick up kind of like Tucker Poolman had to out of high school.

Haven't seen it in here but I know alot of talk a while ago was of Cameron Hughes. Looks like he has since committed to Wisconsin. They say is arrival date is open-ended so maybe next year if someone leaves early.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-cameron-hughes-makes-his-choice/article_a9a692de-8de4-11e3-a64d-001a4bcf887a.html

Gage Hough was an all west team member second teamer in the USHL midseason report. Also someone else of interest may be Alec Vanko he is on the older side and I don't know to much about him but might be someone of interest for some schools.

http://www.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=2328

Gage Hough (F), Omaha Lancers

The 20-year-old native of Omaha, Nebraska is part of the highest scoring line in the USHL and is currently tied for fourth in League scoring with 46 points (20g, 26a) in 43 games. Nine of his goals have come on the power play and he has netted four game-winners. His plus-29 rating is also ranked fourth overall in the USHL. He is currently uncommitted to a college hockey program.

Great parents and extremely athletic family. The kid lives for hockey.

Will probably need a few years if better competition to make it here. Someone to look forward to is a shattuck player and soon to be force player Anthony Petrella. Also we might need to start looking to the colorado thunderbirds. Lots of players, especially at cc and du played there (I think Slavin and olsson), Callan Foote is the next stud dman to play there son of former nhler.

Lots of people are asking about international players to and Ivan Provorov from Cedar Rapids is pretty impressive. Probably going hockey east or big 10 though former teammate is committeed to penn state.

Trent Frederic (St. Louis Blues AAA U16) and Logan Brown (Indiana Jr. Ice U16) are to really big forwards 6-2 and 6-4 respectively. Trent is small though only at 180.

There are two NTDP guys, U17's Luke Kirwan (forward) and Zach Werenski (defense) but I'm always nervous when they are owned by OHL teams. Both have great upside though.

Does anyone know if the Sioux are showing any interest in Harrison Aide, Mr Hockey for this year? The kid can obviously put the puck in the net!

I would think they would want to see him prove he can play against some decent competition in juniors, I doubt there is a whole lot of interest on the UND end right now.

There are some pretty good Minnesota high school players still uncommitted and lately that seems to be our focus. Looking at Juniors and Sophomores especially I would think the Sioux have interest in like forwards John Peterson (JR) Holy Family, Christiano Versich (JR) St.Thomas Academy, Jake Jaremko (JR) Elk River, Jonah Bischoff (SO) Grand Rapids, Mitchell Mattson (SO) Grand Rapids, Riley Tufte (SO) Blaine, Max Zimmer (SO) Wayzata, Zach Sitarz (SO) Andover, goalies Zach Driscoll (JR) Eastivew and Andrew Lindgren (JR) Eagan. These are just some of the good prospects and with the Minnesota state tournament starting next weekend I will probably post the top uncommitted prospects for each team once the teams are determined.

Great parents and extremely athletic family. The kid lives for hockey.

I've seen him play a few times and am curious to see how he progresses. He is a very good skater, has good hands, and exceptional hockey sense. Best western ND player I've seen in the past decade. He was keyed on every game and still produced. He will certainly need to put on some muscle to play at the next level.

I would think they would want to see him prove he can play against some decent competition in juniors, I doubt there is a whole lot of interest on the UND end right now.

There are some pretty good Minnesota high school players still uncommitted and lately that seems to be our focus. Looking at Juniors and Sophomores especially I would think the Sioux have interest in like forwards John Peterson (JR) Holy Family, Christiano Versich (JR) St.Thomas Academy, Jake Jaremko (JR) Elk River, Jonah Bischoff (SO) Grand Rapids, Mitchell Mattson (SO) Grand Rapids, Riley Tufte (SO) Blaine, Max Zimmer (SO) Wayzata, Zach Sitarz (SO) Andover, goalies Zach Driscoll (JR) Eastivew and Andrew Lindgren (JR) Eagan. These are just some of the good prospects and with the Minnesota state tournament starting next weekend I will probably post the top uncommitted prospects for each team once the teams are determined.

I went to the Duluth East-Grand Rapids game in Duluth this past weekend and was totally unimpressed with Jonah Bischoff. He played on Avery Peterson's line and if I hadn't known about him before hand and looked up which number he was I wouldn't have had a guess as to which one he was. Mitch Mattson seemed like a better player but wasn't the greatest in that game either but certainly has size just needs to get a lot stronger which is the case for most sophomores.

I went to the Duluth East-Grand Rapids game in Duluth this past weekend and was totally unimpressed with Jonah Bischoff. He played on Avery Peterson's line and if I hadn't known about him before hand and looked up which number he was I wouldn't have had a guess as to which one he was. Mitch Mattson seemed like a better player but wasn't the greatest in that game either but certainly has size just needs to get a lot stronger which is the case for most sophomores.

Duluth East can do that to a lot of players but imo both Bischoff and Mattson are still just guys to keep an eye on and not ones that we should be offering already like some on the list are. Sounded like Peterson was dominant at times against East? He is one I wish we would have gotten and I'm sure we had interest in but I would guess the opportunity to play right away at Omaha appealed to him as it sounds like he will play there next year and if that is a case I can't really blame him.

Duluth East can do that to a lot of players but imo both Bischoff and Mattson are still just guys to keep an eye on and not ones that we should be offering already like some on the list are. Sounded like Peterson was dominant at times against East? He is one I wish we would have gotten and I'm sure we had interest in but I would guess the opportunity to play right away at Omaha appealed to him as it sounds like he will play there next year and if that is a case I can't really blame him.

Peterson looked good but was keyed on by Duluth East and they really took him out of the game. He scored a nice goal early but didn't create much after that. I thought Duluth East's Phil Beaulieu was the best player on the ice. He and his D-partner Alex Trapp played a lot and when they were on the ice controlled the game.