SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I'd throw the younger Loven in there too. Bowen's line has definitely been flat out dominant at times throughout the tournament. Poolman is just solid all around too. I like Eades potential too with his size, and physical play especially if he can improve his skating some. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 5 or more future D1 players on this EGF team.

I'd throw the younger Loven in there too. Bowen's line has definitely been flat out dominant at times throughout the tournament. Poolman is just solid all around too. I like Eades potential too with his size, and physical play especially if he can improve his skating some. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 5 or more future D1 players on this EGF team.

Like Loven's work ethic more than Tweeten's. A lot of time and development still necessary before committing to scholarship money for a lot of these. Remember Danny Mattson and Jack Rowe were impressive at that age as well, and a lot of other talent all over to consider. Like what I saw of Auston Matthews on the NTDP on his call up to the under 18 team.

If these guys are really of that talent level, I hope Hak doesn't let them get away like Archibald.

I'm guessing there is close ties with many if these kids obviously poolman, ausmus, eades, Bowen bleed green then add the hockey academy il sure Hak knows which ones he wants

If these guys are really of that talent level, I hope Hak doesn't let them get away like Archibald.

But you can't just commit to all of them this early on, or the fans could be asking why we don't have elite talent when they don't all develop as expected. They are all very good players, but don't know that I have heard that they are the top of their age groups across the country. It never hurts to have local talent that knows what Sioux hockey is about and they will go all out for that, but you also have to leave room to recruit the elite of the elite type players. None of these have put up Archibald type high school numbers, but all have the potential to play division 1. There are a lot of guys I have been very impressed with that haven't received offers from us, including Roth, Bethune, Strand, etc. All could develop like some of the EGF players. You just don't know until you see them against another level. Think that Bowen and Poolman definitely look the part though, especially with their work ethic and knowledge of what Sioux hockey is all about. With how much local talent we have on the Sioux team this year and next, it sure would be nice to add more players with talent that will go through the wall to play hockey for the Sioux.

Tweten is top for his age I believe . All have work to do but bet 3-5 of them are sioux in next couple years as they can filter in year by year

Agreed and I'd be very happy about that. Bowen, Loven, and Tweeten are forwards that are probably close to the top of a lot of teams lists.

Yeah, i'm not being delusional. I understand all those things. My point is if they are D1 talent you can't let those guys get away. Not saying sign the entire team but 1-3 of those kids might be worthy. Kudos to the Hockey Academy. We are starting to see the fruits in both boys and girls hockey players.

I would guess Poolman and Bowen will for sure (no inside knowledge, just assuming). Tweten, NTDP perhaps?

I would love to see all the guys that can play another year of high school play another year of high school because it makes Minnesota High School hockey that much better but there is no question some of these guys could go to the USHL if they wanted. Eades and Poolman are both seniors and I would expect both to be in the USHL next year. I would think Bowen, Tweeten, Ausmus, and G.Loven all could have a chance to go early to the USHL if they wanted.

Teemu Selanne wants his son's to play college hockey. Eemil and Eetu play for Santa Margarita High School. I'm not sure if his third son Leevi plays hockey.

The Calgary Hitman have put Eetu on their protected list.

Et tu, Selanne?!

Nick Wolff committed to Duluth today-He looked very good in the state tourney but really just no room for him at UND.

Chris Forney of TRF committed to UMASS-Lowell today.

Jay Dickman of St.Paul Johnson who the Sioux had some interest in at one time but he really didn't develop as much as people hoped committed to Bemidji.

Andrew Weiss@WeissFC 1h

Minnesota high school standout Jake Wahlin has decommitted from UMass.

Would love to land the pure scorer from White Bear Lake. Wondered if he would end up sticking with UMass and playing with his brother or decide to opt for one of the big time programs.