SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Some guys that should be getting looked at.

Patrick Khodorenko

Nick Pastujov

Callan Foote

Luke McInnis

Josh Dunne

Zach Walker

David Brumm

John Peterson

Is Josh Dunne, Jincy's brother? If so, let's get the package deal.

OK, my mistake on the one year out of the last handful of seasons that CC did something. You guys have low standards for what makes a good program if you consider what they've been doing to be good. This isn't the CC of the 1990s and early 2000s. They have taken a few steps back. Scott Owens didn't lose his job because they have been doing really good in recent seasons. :silly:

Don't hate. The kid's a player. It could just be the "traditionally successful" schools didn't have room.

None of the "traditionally successful" schools made a push for Drew Leblanc or Nic Dowd either. ;)

Neither of those two guys were really being hyped as star recruits that would likely be recruited by those kinds of schools. At least not at age 16 or 17. They did turn out well though. Jackson is being hyped and yet no "traditionally successful" schools are there? Just seems a little odd if he is truly of that caliber in their eyes. I doubt all those schools have no room either.

Some guys that should be getting looked at.

Patrick Khodorenko

Nick Pastujov

Callan Foote

Luke McInnis

Josh Dunne

Zach Walker

David Brumm

John Peterson

100% agree with you on John Peterson. Had the opportunity to see him play a pair of games at the Force tryout camp this past week. His transition game is lights out, always creating something offensively it seems. Another player I really liked at camp is Cole Gallant, a 98 from Florida who played last season with the Honeybaked U-16s in Michigan. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. He's a relatively high OHL pick, but he was one of only a handful of 98s that took part in Fargo's main tryout camp and he was very noticeable and always in the play. I thought Dixon Bowen had a great camp as well, was consistently one of the best forwards in camp during the three days I attended. I would like to see UND bring him into the fold.

OK, my mistake on the one year out of the last handful of seasons that CC did something. You guys have low standards for what makes a good program if you consider what they've been doing to be good. This isn't the CC of the 1990s and early 2000s. They have taken a few steps back. Scott Owens didn't lose his job because they have been doing really good in recent seasons. :silly:

What a said was they are a good hockey school...not simply a look back of the past 5 years. I was saying in general, since I have started watching college hockey (since '93). CC has always had some good teams. They are Niagra, anchorage or MTU.

100% agree with you on John Peterson. Had the opportunity to see him play a pair of games at the Force tryout camp this past week. His transition game is lights out, always creating something offensively it seems. Another player I really liked at camp is Cole Gallant, a 98 from Florida who played last season with the Honeybaked U-16s in Michigan. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. He's a relatively high OHL pick, but he was one of only a handful of 98s that took part in Fargo's main tryout camp and he was very noticeable and always in the play. I thought Dixon Bowen had a great camp as well, was consistently one of the best forwards in camp during the three days I attended. I would like to see UND bring him into the fold.

Haven't seen Gallant but definitely agree with you on both Bowen and Peterson. Have seen both a number of times over the past year and would love to see both continue their careers at UND.

If I remember right John Peterson played with Shane Gersich at Holy Family. I left off all the local guys, and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on the Honeybaked team is being looked at. I'd like to see the Shattuck-St. Mary's pipeline open back up. I'm hoping Teemu Selanne's kids get looked at by the coaching staff.

Neither of those two guys were really being hyped as star recruits that would likely be recruited by those kinds of schools. At least not at age 16 or 17. They did turn out well though. Jackson is being hyped and yet no "traditionally successful" schools are there? Just seems a little odd if he is truly of that caliber in their eyes. I doubt all those schools have no room either.

That's kind of my point. If he's getting hype, it's for a reason. At the same time, if the "big name schools" weren't recruiting him, it doesn't mean he won't be a stud. Basically, he wasn't getting hyped BECAUSE "big name schools" were recruiting him, he was getting hyped because of his play. Nothing wrong with that.

Is Cole Gallant the kid of former Red Wing Gerard Gallant?

BU gets a big time commit however this will probably be one of those cases where they shouldn't count on him until he actually steps foot on campus as there have been plenty of WHL rumors with Bellows.

Kieffer Bellows @BellowsKieffer 7m

I am very excited and proud to announce my commitment to Boston University! Thank you to everybody who has helped me! #GoTerriers

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like Garrett Wait from Edina had a breakout week at the festival. I wonder if there is any interest in him? Or will he take the Edina route to Notre Dame like quite a few have recently?

I'm pretty sure he has some family in the St. Cloud area, but I'm not going to give any weight to that factor. If he gets offers from UND, Notre Dame, and Minnesota, there's no way he'll be a Husky. Just being realistic.

Also, if he's a really smart kid, he could entertain Ivy league offers as other Edina kids have done in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...