SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 10/5/24

SiouxFan100

On 10/1/2024 at 2:55 PM, Sioux94 said:

I would agree a lot of it will be on the defense.  Our offense has honestly been so bizarre.....we complete like 8 passes but they go for 250 yards. I can't tell if it's smoke and mirrors yet or not. If we don't hit on those big passes our offensive numbers almost drop in half.  Those big passes have worked........because everyone since Montana is stacking the box. Will those big passes still hit against a better defense, I hope so.

I am hoping we still have some success on the ground even if they do stack the box. Last year they didn't adjust to stop the run so we kept running it down their throats. I think this year they will come out and primarily try and stop the run and force us to continue to execute those long passes. 

I don’t think anyone can stop our running game without stuffing the box. We run all over them if they double cover Bo.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND +13.5

This is surprising. Not much respect for UND going into Saturday.....or the wise guys have watched film.

O/U 59.5

Has nothing to do with this year's teams or last year's it is based off of 9 titles that's it.  They don't even watch the games or they would know NDSU can't stop anyone.

9 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Has nothing to do with this year's teams or last year's it is based off of 9 titles that's it.  They don't even watch the games or they would know NDSU can't stop anyone.

Yup.....that really is how CFB odds are set. Keep collecting aluminum cans in your spare time and stay away from DraftKings.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup.....that really is how CFB odds are set. Keep collecting aluminum cans in your spare time and stay away from DraftKings.

I'd guess there is also lots more money coming in on NDSU on a regular basis, so that will goose the line somewhat. Happens a lot with teams with rabid fan bases. They need to get somewhat equivalent money bet on both teams. 

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND +13.5

This is surprising. No way I thought it would be this much. Not much respect for UND going into Saturday.....or the wise guys have watched film.

O/U 59.5

Surprising definitely if you’re looking at this season in a vacuum. I thought it was going to be +9.5. 

If you were to throw in D1 history and UND never arising to the challenge and competing in the Dome. Pretty good line.

This team does have a different feel. Until I see it though, I’m not confident.

The line is normally set so The House doesn't lose no matter who wins. 

"+13.5" is trying to lure money that way which means a lot has already gone the other and they need to balance the ledger before kickoff. 

... but no matter what The House will get their vig. 

14 minutes ago, ndsubison1 said:

I dont see any reason for this not to be a close game, however I think Cam Miller is the difference. Not enough of a big sample size to be confident in our defense. Might be a different story if it were in GF.

Need to get after miller every way we can

looking for a lot of hard, legal hits on him’ 

19 minutes ago, ndsubison1 said:

I dont see any reason for this not to be a close game, however I think Cam Miller is the difference. Not enough of a sample size to be confident in our defense. Might be a different story if it were in GF.

Until UND proves it can play well on the road, I wouldn't be shocked if they lost by two touchdowns.

• Downvote 1