SiouxSports.com Forum

Bengals vs Hawks Sept 14, 2024

Nodak78

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Guys we have a team that won 3 games last year who returns most of their considerable talent coming into our building where we struggle to beat teams. We’re probably a 13 point underdog if you really think about it. They beat Portland St last year. That’s better than any win we had last season. I was shocked that ISUo didn’t get an at large spot in the playoffs. Anyone who is prone to seizures should stay home as the bengal wrs run so fast that they appear to strobe.

Wow you are correct ISU has never beaten a team and ruined a season after a big win! I must be the only one that thinks it's possible... me and hero sportsIS UND Going to screw up again? ISU put up over 300 yds on OSU but I forgot UND is way better that OSU, and after the Monatana  game we dont even need to play the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, Bengal 6 said:

ISU put up over 300 yds on OSU but I forgot UND is way better that OSU, and after the Monatana  game we dont even need to play the rest of the season.

True but almost half of those yards were on ISU's last two drives when they were down 31-9.

ISU will be an interesting challenge with their passing game. I don't think their WR's are better then the first version of ISU that UND played but they going to throw it more and quickly which will help negate UND bringing pressure. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

True but almost half of those yards were on ISU's last two drives when they were down 31-9.

ISU will be an interesting challenge with their passing game. I don't think their WR's are better then the first version of ISU that UND played but they going to throw it more and quickly which will help negate UND bringing pressure. 

Saturday will show the truth.

46 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Why did we schedule Idaho State

because they're a broke ass football team, so we should get a win. Forget the bizarre upsets that happened years ago. D plays like they did against MT when they stepped it up. Offense is going to run it down their throats.

Even Jared Allen would rather forget his time at ISU and say he went to the culinary academy.

We got this! Do it right, win by several scores ... that what a high level team SHOULD do against these guys. Make it happen!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Just reported what Massie had.  I was surprised as well.

Given that we've only lost....what 3 times at home in the past 8 years or whatever,  it probably should be 80 percent....and we are playing a team we are ranked higher than. I take nothing for granted though, but I do think we will win. ISU will be prepping for a QB that is going to run more, will we still be able to run it down their throats and chew clock, I think so. Romfo didn't have many designed runs against Iowa State and we still ran it well, but they also didn't stack the box as much as teams will start doing....probably starting this week. 

• Upvote 1

Two big questions remain on the 2024 squad based on Bubba’s previous deficiencies:

1) can this team put together a complete game after a big win?

2) can this team consistently win on the road?

Saturday will provide some information towards one of those questions.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Two big questions remain on the 2024 squad based on Bubba’s previous deficiencies:

1) can this team put together a complete game after a big win?

2) can this team consistently win on the road?

Saturday will provide some information towards one of those questions.

Another big question:

1) Can our QB throw a football?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Bengal 6 said:

Wow you are correct ISU has never beaten a team and ruined a season after a big win! I must be the only one that thinks it's possible... me and hero sportsIS UND Going to screw up again? ISU put up over 300 yds on OSU but I forgot UND is way better that OSU, and after the Monatana  game we dont even need to play the rest of the season.

Let's talk about the 44 points you gave up in the 2nd quarter to Utah State or the 56 1st half points vrs Idaho.  Those games had to be hard to watch.  But also last year is Bengals and Griz in a 1 point game in the 4th quarter in a 28-20 loss.  Looks like your boys are a little inconsistent.  

Hope UND is not underestimating the Bengals like some on this board are. They are in the second year under a new coach from UC Davis and return a ton of guys (17 starters) from last year. It's very likely they'll be way better than they were last year, and it's not like UND has been lights out so far. If the defense starts like it did the first two games, the Bengals will certainly put up a bunch of points. You can not come out flat on Saturday and if you get a lead you can not take plays off because they'll score in a hurry. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Bengal 6 said:

No one is taking the game lightly. Not sure what your reason is for coming over here and puffing your chest based on the last few years. It's a game, enjoy it. Never saw if you were coming to Grand Forks but if you were many would offer you refeshments - just stop acting like bison fans. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Hope UND is not underestimating the Bengals like some on this board are. They are in the second year under a new coach from UC Davis and return a ton of guys (17 starters) from last year. It's very likely they'll be way better than they were last year, and it's not like UND has been lights out so far. If the defense starts like it did the first two games, the Bengals will certainly put up a bunch of points. You can not come out flat on Saturday and if you get a lead you can not take plays off because they'll score in a hurry. 

I wouldn't say UND has been lights out, but they lost to a top 25 FBS team on the road in a game they were more than respectable in and also knocked off the #4 FCS team in the country. All while breaking in a ton of new starters. Not exactly an easy start to the schedule that other teams have. Again, with a ton of new parts.
I think the floor for this team is significantly higher than anyone thought prior to the season. Now they have to check the consistency box, which include rolling off a couple wins in games they should win and heading to Fargo with a 4-1 record.

• Upvote 1