SiouxSports.com Forum

Bengals vs Hawks Sept 14, 2024

Nodak78

49 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

The next step for the team will be to see if we can still move the ball consistently when the opposing defense completely sells out to stop the run. Hopefully we can check that box this weekend. 

They will try it and if we can't hit one on one passes that's on us. I still think we can run on a stacked box.

You really couldn't pick a better opponent for this program if they're trying to flip the script on issues that have plagued them during Bubba's tenure. It's the opponent people think about most when it comes to failing to cash in after big wins. One week at a time! 

14 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Anyone know why the next three game start at 1:00 even with no hockey? Figured at least 1 of them would be a 3:00 kickoff.

Midco and Bubba prefers the noon or 1 pm start so the players don’t sit around all day waiting for kickoff.  

54 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Midco and Bubba prefers the noon or 1 pm start so the players don’t sit around all day waiting for kickoff.  

A lot of coaches deal with night games all the time. It wouldn't kill our program to embrace them. The year we opened the Alerus Center (2001) we had night games before hockey started in October and those games were well attended.

Bubba and Midco would get over it if it helped raise the profile of the program.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

It would be nice to see some tight ends used in this game. I feel like that would be a decent option for Romfo to get his pass game going.

Agreed! Couple nice rollouts for easy completions. I’ve been hoping to see Aidan Behymer utilized. 

8 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Big game tomorrow. Find a way to get it done! I still think Rucker is due for a major breakout game. Offensively, Dennis and Quincy need to be involved.

Crowd needs to do its part. Get to the Alerus and be loud on every down! 

I'd like to see Tai and Seidl get the ball in space.  

• Upvote 4

In a strange situation, I have not kid's games or practices to go to tomorrow. A whole Saturday with no plans! All that is left to do is figure out if I want to watch the game from my couch or in my garage.

Pumped to watch the boys play and get some momentum. Want to be a top end team, this is a game you win by multiple scores. People in Fargo and Brooking wouldn't even contemplate this being a blowout game ... can this team do that? I'm still riding the high from last week .... keep it going.  LFG!!!

• Upvote 1