SiouxSports.com Forum

Griz vs UND Sept 7

Nodak78

6 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

There is no other explanation. 

Probably a 35 point win if in Montana. 

Although if we start games now with ground and pound right away....would think we shouldn't ever get blown out.

I could only follow the score during the first half as I was at my daughter's soccer game. What I did get to watch on my phone was disappointing.

Holy hell did this team settle in, and getting home to watch the second half worked out perfectly. Was so impressed with the defense in the second (when they were needed) and the offense just keeps churning out these great extended drives. Would definitely like to see a little more out of the passing game, but hopefully that will come. So impressed with Romfo's running.

WHAT A WIN! Lets Go!

• Upvote 1

We had 243 yards rushing in thr game.

Four possesions in 2nd half and scored on all of them. 45 plays in the second half. 24 minutes of TOP in second half. Ok I think we know what our identity needs to be. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

We had 243 yards rushing in thr game.

Four possesions in 2nd half and scored on all of them. 45 plays in the second half. 24 minutes of TOP in second half. Ok I think we know what our identity needs to be. 

Let the offense pound the ball and don’t let the defense play?

Just now, Vegas_Sioux said:

Let the offense pound the ball and don’t let the defense play?

Yes. But when our defense did play in the second half I think Montana went 3 and out twice.  And they didn't score the other two times. 6 sacks. Yes our D needs work, but apparently so does the #4 teams in the country.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Romfo 11/24 97 yards and one crucial INT but they still got the win.  Crazy!!!

Yeah, crazy is right. Those are brutal stats. How many rushing yards did he get?

Nice coaching adjustments at half.

The decision to call some qb draws seemed to be one of the sparks.

Hopefully it was just some "first home game jitters" for the und qb.

Never thought I'd see a UND pound the rock for a win like today.

Maybe in practice run some more option plays?

Great team win for the boys! I do wonder if this should count because of the difference in time of possession. As was stated last week…if Montana had the ball more they probably would have scored more. We had the ball for 15 more minutes than Montana and only won by 3. Doesn’t seem fair.