SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

I am excited to see what Romfo will do on Saturday.  Not sure when we had a starting QB with his athletic ability in running and passing the ball.  O line is going to be the biggest question mark this year.  Simon being able to scramble out of trouble takes a little less pressure off of them, but they will still need to do their job.  Need to play this game like we did in Lincoln 2 years ago.  Keep it close to the 4th quarter and give us a chance.  Looking forward to being in Ames tomorrow for the start of another football season!!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am excited to see what Romfo will do on Saturday.  Not sure when we had a starting QB with his athletic ability in running and passing the ball.  O line is going to be the biggest question mark this year.  Simon being able to scramble out of trouble takes a little less pressure off of them, but they will still need to do their job.  Need to play this game like we did in Lincoln 2 years ago.  Keep it close to the 4th quarter and give us a chance.  Looking forward to being in Ames tomorrow for the start of another football season!!

I was thinking that too....been a long time since we've had a true threat running the ball at QB. Keaton made some nice runs, but he was nothing like Cam Miller running the ball. So definitely curious to see how our offense is with a QB that can run. How well he can throw though, and make good decisions....that will be the key. He has only had to do it in practice, hoping it goes well during games. 

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I was thinking that too....been a long time since we've had a true threat running the ball at QB. Keaton made some nice runs, but he was nothing like Cam Miller running the ball. So definitely curious to see how our offense is with a QB that can run. How well he can throw though, and make good decisions....that will be the key. He has only had to do it in practice, hoping it goes well during games. 

Keaton and Hendrickson were both faster than Miller.

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Keaton and Hendrickson were both faster than Miller.

I remember Keaton being pretty fast, but overall not sure he was as good of a runner. Part of that might have been we didn't run him a lot because we didn't have a quality backup QB so never got to see it how good of a runner he was. 

41 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Can't believe no one has asked "who travelled" yet. :D 

Been wondering that too, they can bring more this week than playing  an fcs school

Listened to UND360 on the drive down and almost turned around, just joking. Realistic predictions I guess. Nice day for college football and cashing a $550,000 check. Plus anything can happen on the field.

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I remember Keaton being pretty fast, but overall not sure he was as good of a runner. Part of that might have been we didn't run him a lot because we didn't have a quality backup QB so never got to see it how good of a runner he was. 

Size was an issue. Keaton was built like a skinny wr. Miller has probably 20-30 lbs on where Keaton was at. But remember Keaton had that long run against Portland where he showed he could really scoot.

• Upvote 2

A moral victory is the best we can hope for.  That’s what we as fans are left with nowadays.  Deflating and frustrating .   If UND can stay within 21 that’s a moral victory.  Bubba has proven over and over and over and over again he can’t win these games. Now it will be Iowa st …..toughest test yet.  Bubba can hang his hat on his one fbs win over a two win Wyoming team.  Iowa st 7-42 

I have attended a couple of practices this year.  Will only note one thing.  Bo is an absolute stud!!!  Why he didn’t transfer to bigger school is beyond me but he is special.  Speed at Wr is nice but crisp route running is second to none.  Jerry rice and cooper kupp are not “fast” but their route running is what separates them.  Bo has that!  I have read on this site that und has too many white guys at WR.  Not sure what race has to do with because Bo is as good as it gets.   I would take him over any other WR  in the fcs.  The guy is a true football player and WR.   Just unsure with a new qb , OL and OC how his stats will show how good he really is. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

A moral victory is the best we can hope for.  That’s what we as fans are left with nowadays.  Deflating and frustrating .   If UND can stay within 21 that’s a moral victory.  Bubba has proven over and over and over and over again he can’t win these games. Now it will be Iowa st …..toughest test yet.  Bubba can hang his hat on his one fbs win over a two win Wyoming team.  Iowa st 7-42 

I have attended a couple of practices this year.  Will only note one thing.  Bo is an absolute stud!!!  Why he didn’t transfer to bigger school is beyond me but he is special.  Speed at Wr is nice but crisp route running is second to none.  Jerry rice and cooper kupp are not “fast” but their route running is what separates them.  Bo has that!  I have read on this site that und has too many white guys at WR.  Not sure what race has to do with because Bo is as good as it gets.   I would take him over any other WR  in the fcs.  The guy is a true football player and WR.   Just unsure with a new qb , OL and OC how his stats will show how good he really is. 

He had a great HS coach.

11 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

There is a difference between having a couple white guys who can ball at wr and having eyes and seeing what the rosters look like in FCS, FBS and the NFL vs having a wr room that looks like a church league basketball team. 

Not only for tomorrow but the entire season, I hope fruechte doesn’t overthink the play calling. Find a few things that are working and stick to them or some variation of them until they show they can stop you. Seemed like Danny would overthink things from time to time. 

• Upvote 1

I wholeheartedly agree with everyone you said here. Bo is a special player. UND is fortunate to have him again this year. Bubba is not a special coach. But be careful with all that Bubba transparency, I can hear @jdub27 typing up a defensive response with some Massey ratings... 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Not only for tomorrow but the entire season, I hope fruechte doesn’t overthink the play calling. Find a few things that are working and stick to them or some variation of them until they show they can stop you. Seemed like Danny would overthink things from time to time. 

You’re right; the best offensive coordinators stick to what is working and “don't get too cute”, as they say. 
Will see how the offense looks. 
I know Bo is fun and there’s a ton of attention on Romfo, but the true substance of the offense is the offensive line. 4 new starters and their first game is against Big 12 talent - that is where poor Romfo may not even get a chance. But we will see, maybe Fruechte and Coach Olson will have the OL more prepared than we think …

33 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I was thinking 45-7 ISU

This is the perfect score prediction if this game plays out like a normal FBS game under Bubba. 10 points worse than the spread. One bit of detail, ISU will score on their last two possessions. 

We’re all here for the what if. What if Romfo looks the part, defense makes plays and they completely surpass expectations. Sell hope that this team will be better than what was predicted and they have a real shot against Montana. 

Prove everyone wrong!

• Upvote 2

Why he didn’t transfer to bigger school is beyond me but he is special.

Loyalty is still alive and well. Great article on herald website yesterday about Bo and great insight from his mom and sister. Unfortunately in this case, alive means on life support! 

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

There is a difference between having a couple white guys who can ball at wr and having eyes and seeing what the rosters look like in FCS, FBS and the NFL vs having a wr room that looks like a church league basketball team. 

#skincolor