SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO and UND Frozen Face-off Semis

cowboys5xsbs

Just now, franchise said:

Not sure why Sioux fans travel to the X anymore.

Most exciting UND moment at the Frozen Face-off was fans scoreboard watching another team win to get us into the tourney

Thankfully not many more years of the X.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Good thing UND won't be in Sioux Falls because they won't get past Omaha there. 

I actually feel the same way. They are better than we are head to head. We can’t beat them. At least 2 (maybe 3) of the 4 times we’ve lost to them this year we scored the first goal, too

5 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

This teams yearly resume typically gets them to the tournament that matters. 

Penrose is more prestigious than this trophy. Prep for national tournament. This doesn’t matter much. 

Actually trending matters a ton. You want to enter playoff time on the upswing. I’m sure folks would have been pissed with a loss tomorrow night against DU. I wouldn’t have, they’re a good team. But the last 5-6 weeks have been atrocious…we’ve only beat terrible teams for like a month now. Maybe longer.

• Upvote 1

UND has been losing steam and playing worse for months now.  Denver was the peak of the season.  Then the slide down to where they are now.  

No jump.  Poor playmaking.  Where is the focus?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I know the 2016 team got bounced in Frozen Faceoff as well but this showing by team today is demoralizing and don’t know how any fan can feel any optimism going into the NCAA tournament.

I'm hoping we end up in Providence, which has been pretty kind to us in the NCAAs. 

2 minutes ago, RedFrog said:

Here is my complaint.  Why do we insist on keeping the goal scoring line on the ice after we score a goal?  Livanavage makes it 4-3 and we leave them on the ice.  The line ends up hemmed in in their zone ... you can tell Livanavage is gassed and then doesn't make the play to defend the guy who scores the goal right after.  He also missed a play earlier in the sequence where I could tell he was gassed.

This weekend is over ... focus on next weekend and be glad we will be a 2 seed and NOT in Sioux Falls with Omaha.

#cosching 

2 minutes ago, RedFrog said:

This weekend is over ... focus on next weekend and be glad we will be a 2 seed and NOT in Sioux Falls with Omaha.

Sorry No.

There's no excuse to be scared to play a bottom feeder.

Winners aren't scared to play anybody, that's a pathetic attirude.