SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO and UND Frozen Face-off Semis

cowboys5xsbs

1 minute ago, Esoteric said:

Alright time for analysis:  What is UND failing to do, on a once potent power-play?  What is different?  Share your ideas.

Focus, urgency, confidence, a seething hatred of losing...

all seem to be missing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Alright time for analysis:  What is UND failing to do, on a once potent power-play?  What is different?  Share your ideas.

The puck movement and decision making is so slow.  There's so little movement and rotation that keeps the opposing PK moving for any consistent amount of time.  

4 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

My analysis and this has been all year even when they have been successful is too much player movement and not enough puck movement. I get everything runs through Blake but we need to move the puck quicker and not just have Blake skate around trying to find a play. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

We haven't adapted to how Omaha is defending it.  They have three guys up high, covering the wings and center point.  Daring us to play the puck down low, and we haven't forced them to defend closer to their own goal.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, I Ranger said:

My analysis and this has been all year even when they have been successful is too much player movement and not enough puck movement. I get everything runs through Blake but we need to move the puck quicker and not just have Blake skate around trying to find a play. 

UNO pressures the player so quickly that if they would move the puck quicker and not the body we would be able to catch them out of position more. 

This team thinks it can just show up and win.  Not a chance in hell.  Enjoy getting shipped out east as a  2 seed and being bounced in the first round followed immediately with a Berry extension. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

We had Gabe’s in the bumper spot instead of his usual spot

Bubs should go back to splitting gaber and Blake up. They both scored from the spot a bunch. Gaber has been invisible other than drawing that penalty 

• Upvote 2