SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO and UND Frozen Face-off Semis

cowboys5xsbs

15 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

later this eve someone needs to post a wide shot of bemidji, east lansing, and st paul

one won't be like the others

To be fair...for the playoff games prior to the title game vs Tech, Serratore had constant ads on the radio begging fans to come buy $10 tickets to support the team.

Not until the final, did anyone really care.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I’m sorry but Omaha isn’t that good. They work fairly hard but that’s it. They got dumped by DU and MN will dump them too next Thursday/Friday. It was another embarrassing effort by UND.

I wouldn’t say they got dumped’. It was 2-1 with 6 to go.

42 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I wouldn’t say they got dumped’. It was 2-1 with 6 to go.

True. But they were never going to win that game. They’ll lose to the gophs too.

21 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

True. But they were never going to win that game. They’ll lose to the gophs too.

I honestly believe that’s not forgone conclusion. Depends on what team shows up. If they can execute their breakout and manage center ice, I think it’s gonna be a hell of a game. They do have to prove themselves for the last regional they faced Minnesota in out in Colorado. They have beaten a lot of really good teams this year, and I expect them to bring an edge.

23 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

The X was completely empty for the second game. Everyone knows Denver fans are too cheap to travel.

Straw man argument.  Put 20+ years of tournaments in Denver instead of St. Paul and there would be plenty of Denver and CC fans in attendance.  

I just dropped over $500 for a weekend tournament in my own backyard…don’t have enough spare cash in my dresser drawer every spring to fund a 2-4 day hotel stay in Denver.  Maybe that’s just me though…

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Straw man argument.  Put 20+ years of tournaments in Denver instead of St. Paul and there would be plenty of Denver and CC fans in attendance.  

I just dropped over $500 for a weekend tournament in my own backyard…don’t have enough spare cash in my dresser drawer every spring to fund a 2-4 day hotel stay in Denver.  Maybe that’s just me though…

Maybe we could build a city out of ice fishing sheds! Paint them all green!:unsure:

6 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Maybe we could build a city out of ice fishing sheds! Paint them all green!:unsure:

Be careful…anything with the word “green” in it is likely to get a good look-see from St. Paul government staff! 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

200w (1).gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

15 shots on goal. 

I get that, but it was still a one shot game with six minutes to go. With that said things could’ve turned out very differently. so I think dumped is strong language. I’ll also say that some of the penalties called on Omaha were “soft“.

11 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I get that, but it was still a one shot game with six minutes to go. With that said things could’ve turned out very differently. so I think dumped is strong language. I’ll also say that some of the penalties called on Omaha were “soft“.

Denver never appeared to be in any sort of danger - like at all.  Contrast that to UND getting outworked in all phases of the game a day earlier.  

Cool that some of the boys got home in time for the Sam Hunt concert though.  That worked out nicely. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Denver never appeared to be in any sort of danger - like at all.  Contrast that to UND getting outworked in all phases of the game a day earlier.  

Cool that some of the boys got home in time for the Sam Hunt concert though.  That worked out nicely. 

This is more what I imagined the ride back to GF would have been like...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

This is more what I imagined the ride back to GF would have been like...

Not with Berry more like duckies and bunnies.   Berry doesn't have the cajones to bag skate anyone.

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

Not with Berry more like duckies and bunnies.   Berry doesn't have the cajones to bag skate anyone.

So more like handing out mimosa's and neck pillows for the ride back?

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Bingo. I watched most of the game. DU was by far and away, the better team.

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Bingo. I watched most of the game. DU was by far and away, the better team.

I don’t disagree, Denver was far away the better team, it’s just that it wasn’t decided until the last six minutes. Anyone of those open rushes by Omaha could’ve ended up with a tie game previous to that. Hockey is a fun sport, momentum can shift in a second. and quite frankly, the first two Denver goals were not exactly highlight goals.

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I don’t disagree, Denver was far away the better team, it’s just that it wasn’t decided until the last six minutes. Anyone of those open rushes by Omaha could’ve ended up with a tie game previous to that. Hockey is a fun sport, momentum can shift in a second. and quite frankly, the first two Denver goals were not exactly highlight goals.

And that’s a credit to UNO and how they played.  Take the middleman out of the equation and make it UND’s performance vs Denver’s?  Frankly, I’m glad I didn’t have to witness a 4 pm seminal with UND losing to the Pioneers 8 or 9 to 1.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

And that’s a credit to UNO and how they played.  Take the middleman out of the equation and make it UND’s performance vs Denver’s?  Frankly, I’m glad I didn’t have to witness a 4 pm seminal with UND losing to the Pioneers 8 or 9 to 1.  

C'mon Mafia...you know that wouldn't have happened.  Somehow we're always able to ramp it up for the Pios.

46 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

C'mon Mafia...you know that wouldn't have happened.  Somehow we're always able to ramp it up for the Pios.

But I see that as a problem. Why not ramp it up to get a chance to play them and win another trophy along your way to the ultimate goal.  How we became a team that can only get up for certain games goes against everything Sioux hockey is/was about.  Bring it every day.  When we are constantly having to use the excuse that we had too many passengers, we have failed that legacy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

So if they get RIT this coming week instead of Michigan (and I know they won’t, but hypothetically speaking)…

See the problem? 

12 minutes ago, tnt said:

But I see that as a problem. Why not ramp it up to get a chance to play them and win another trophy along your way to the ultimate goal.  How we became a team that can only get up for certain games goes against everything Sioux hockey is/was about.  Bring it every day.  When we are constantly having to use the excuse that we had too many passengers, we have failed that legacy.

Agreed…maybe it’s not a fair comparison but BC had the 1 locked up for a while and they just keep bringing it every game.  It’s been a while since we’ve had the grit of a team that constantly competes and refuses to lose.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

So if they get RIT this coming week instead of Michigan (and I know they won’t, but hypothetically speaking)…

See the problem? 

Oh yeah…sorry, should have put a wink emoji at the end of my post.