SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO and UND Frozen Face-off Semis

cowboys5xsbs

2 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

The only culture Berry is growing is how to lose games that matter , give me crap all you want look at Berrys record 

I will say that a culture seems to be showing up of “we play when we want to play, or we’ll start playing when we get desperate. Omaha plays with our old culture, they kept coming at us the whole game even when they had a comfortable lead!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tnt said:

I will say that a culture seems to be showing up of “we play when we want to play, or we’ll start playing when we get desperate. Omaha plays with our old culture, they kept coming at us the whole game even when they had a comfortable lead!

They beat us up   I have never eeen a team sinsoft

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Pretty much spot on 

10 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Are we the first NCHC team that won the conference and failed to get a 1 seed.  I can't remember that happening before.

2013-2014 season, first place St. Cloud didn’t get a 1 seed.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Dare I say that Omaha plays like a Hakstol team?  Whatever it is, I am envious. 

I am curious. In the blog of Bubba getting an extention, alot of fans are saying he should not have been extended. Several people said that Bubba has not been able to win in the playoffs. Since UND hockey won the national title, how many times has the hockey team made it past the first round of the national tournament?  I know it is comparing oranges and carrots, but if you can't win in the postseason. Is the hockey team doing much better than the football team? Is the head coach safe in hockey? 

Just now, Wilbur said:

Very emotional at times.  :lol:

Anything I say can't be held against me while watching my favorite team right? :unsure:

Gameday threads vs. general threads - the expectation should always be different.  I'll be rational and measured after I get my cathartic rant out of the way!

2 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

"The bar" was the level of acceptance that fans have of the program that gets lower every year.  At this rate, Berry could go 0-fer on the season and people would still defend him at some point.

UND fans, in general, are a fickle bunch.  And I'm saying that as a lifelong UND fan.
I recall the threads calling for Hak's head every single year even when he brought the team to the Frozen Four only to lose again and again.
Berry certainly doesn't have the postseason success as Hak did, even though he got that elusive title.
But I'm guessing that even if a new coach was hired, the same UND fans would be calling for the new coach's head if he didn't win the natty at least every couple years.
It just goes with the territory.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, I Ranger said:

So this loss looks like it means we get Michigan or Quinnipiac in the first round rather than potentially the ECAC winner. Lovely! 

I mean, Q lost 3-0 to #45 today.  If UND plays this methodical game next week, they'll have a hard time against anyone.  In the NCAA every opponent can beat you.  Even UND could beat someone next week, hard as it is to imagine at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, brianvf said:

UND fans, in general, are a fickle bunch.  And I'm saying that as a lifelong UND fan.
I recall the threads calling for Hak's head every single year even when he brought the team to the Frozen Four only to lose again and again.
Berry certainly doesn't have the postseason success as Hak did, even though he got that elusive title.
But I'm guessing that even if a new coach was hired, the same UND fans would be calling for the new coach's head if he didn't win the natty at least every couple years.
It just goes with the territory.

Just because there was a big thread about "Fire Hak" doesn't mean I was a participant...nor does it mean anyone calling for Brad's head was a participant of the Hak one...though I won't argue that some would overlap.

I am a big fan of Hak and think that young recruits, players, other programs, and the hockey landscape as a whole thought incredibly highly of UND while he was coach.  You don't hear those same things nearly as much anymore and we're not recruiting elite talent like we used to.

Just now, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Did Gaber play today ?

He drew a penalty.  That's about it unfortunately.
Gonna need a lot more out of him next game if he wants to keep his NCAA career rolling forward.