SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Thanks captain obvious. Just pointing out that your opinion is based on nothing other than your pessimistic feelings.

Thanks for your great insight

its my opinion and you know what they say about opinions

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Players talk amongst themselves. Players know more than the fans. If the fans can see all the issues with the staff, the players know it and can see it even more.

I'm sure a lot of them are getting sick of the same old mediocrity and poor coaching decisions.  

If this is the case, then every single player should be entering the portal soon, correct? 

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

If this is the case, then every single player should be entering the portal soon, correct? 

No. Some players can’t due to eligibility. Some players can’t due to not enough film or possibility that nobody picks them up. Most players aren’t dumb

Just now, GoodGood said:

You’re being dumb. So many things go into a players decision to play for a school. Get real dude 

You're right. A lot of factors go into that decision. Just like a lot of factors go into the decision to transfer out. I'm glad we could agree, Ralphie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, GoodGood said:

You’re being dumb. So many things go into a players decision to play for a school. Get real dude 

More than just players talking about coaches? 

NIL opportunities from FBS are probably a big one.  I expect Ben will get opportunities.   His frame is better built for a program that runs a 4-3

• Upvote 4

Who doesn’t think that coaches go home after a game and think to themselves what the hell was bubba thinking with that play call

im sure it happens but I have no proof and they wouldn’t share on twitter

10 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

You're right. A lot of factors go into that decision. Just like a lot of factors go into the decision to transfer out. I'm glad we could agree, Ralphie. 

Maybe. Dude gave his opinion and you got upset spewing some nonsense about every player should hit the portal. All I know is Dabo needs to hit the portal hard this offseason 

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I think the one thing we can all take from these guys hitting the portal is that Bubba needs to retire

Bubba needs to retire because the program is underperforming and has hit it's ceiling under him. Bubba doesn't need to retire because the transfer portal is completely insane.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, homer said:

More than just players talking about coaches? 

NIL opportunities from FBS are probably a big one.  I expect Ben will get opportunities.   His frame is better built for a program that runs a 4-3

A couple guys are grad transferring that have a good shot at P5 schools with NIL money and a few underclassmen that were likely to see reduced playing time.

I wish the grad transfers (OL and DE particularly) would have stuck around one more year but I don't blame them. Outside of those who have a chance to cash in, there has maybe been on surprise one everyone else that has announced they are moving on. And I'm not even sure on that one given a few other factors. Wish them the best, hopefully they find what they are looking for (NIL money and more playing time). This is the unfortunate new reality of college football. There is a core group that needs to be kept out of the portal that don't fit that mold that would be cause for significant concern. And even then I expect one or two because college football is the wild west right now.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

Maybe. Dude gave his opinion and you got upset spewing some nonsense about every player should hit the portal. All I know is Dabo needs to hit the portal hard this offseason 

Dude gave his opinion, and I pointed out his opinion isn't based on anything concrete. Nobody is upset and nobody asked you and your other accounts to come white knight for him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, Kab said:

Who doesn’t think that coaches go home after a game and think to themselves what the hell was bubba thinking with that play call

im sure it happens but I have no proof and they wouldn’t share on twitter

Wasn’t aware Bubba calls the plays. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kab said:

Over under 15

Next week will tell us a lot about the current state of the program.  Graduate transfers are one thing, they put their time in, got their UND degree and want to move on… I can live with that.