SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

In short: Bubba is too old.

Need somebody half his age that the players actually want to listen to. A coach that can relate to players and know how to motivate them. 

Not necessarily.  Saban is 11 years older than bubba.  Saban has “it”. He can motivate and demands excellence. Bubba doesn’t.  He’s stale.  He’s boring.  Doesn’t exude any confidence.  Players respond accordingly 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Not necessarily.  Saban is 11 years older than bubba.  Saban has “it”. He can motivate and demands excellence. Bubba doesn’t.  He’s stale.  He’s boring.  Doesn’t exude any confidence.  Players respond accordingly 

Correct. You are correct.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

In short: Bubba is too old.

Need somebody half his age that the players actually want to listen to. A coach that can relate to players and know how to motivate them. 

More personality than age imo. But I get what you’re saying 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Saban has never lost anyone in the transfer portal. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

That's the point he's making.

His point is that bubba and saban are on equal ?  

I said…IMO….players leave und because of coachingz. Bubba doesn’t better them on the field.  Saban does. 

Jalen hurts transferred because Tua was out performing him. 

McNaboe transferring is not because someone is out performing him.  He would have started next season. 

Is that why  you piped in? To say there is no difference between the two ?  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I said…IMO….players leave und because of coachingz. Bubba doesn’t better them on the field.  Saban does. 

McNaboe transferring is not because someone is out performing him.  He would have started next season. 

Is that why  you piped in? To say there is no difference between the two ?  

No, his point was that every coach in college football is having to deal with the transfer portal. Go after the coaches for decisions they make and what not, but going after them because players are transferring makes no sense. Even Saban has to deal with it. Nobody is comparing the two of them.

12 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Is that why  you piped in? To say there is no difference between the two ?   #18 left because he is better built to play DE in a 4-3 and he puts up much better numbers next year.  

What if he left because he’s better built to play DE in a 4-3?

What if he left cause of NIL?

it’s unfortunate UND is the only team to lose starting players to the transfer portal

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Wait is this some kind of revisionist History?  He absolutely lost his job to Tua Tagovailoa and only got it back after an injury.  

Hurts was the starter 2016 and 2017.  That’s not a backup.  

As I stated ….he transferred because Tua was out performing him.  

There's plenty of sentiment from 97 bike rider and his numerous alter egos and the other usual suspects that the reason players leave UND is only due to the coaches.

Meanwhile other teams lose their players because they want to get more playing time, get NIL dollars or move up from FCS to FBS. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I wouldn’t say he is undersized. He was the best DE we had on the team. The defense wasn’t playing well since he got hurt. This one will have a huge effect on next year unfortunately.

I agree on him being our best but he is listed at 6’3” 245lbs.    That is extremely light for a D End. Again he made up for it.  

245 is the size our LB’s should be..

Just now, Parkers Pros said:

I agree on him being our best but he is listed at 6’3” 245lbs.    That is extremely light for a D End. Again he made up for it.  

245 is the size our LB’s should be..

He had 13 sacks in 30 games. 

I liked him, he worked hard, talked to him at a BB game, he was kind enough to chat and seemed very mature and intelligent, but we need bigger and faster players. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shep said:

There's plenty of sentiment from 97 bike rider and his numerous alter egos and the other usual suspects that the reason players leave UND is only due to the coaches.

Meanwhile other teams lose their players because they want to get more playing time, get NIL dollars or move up from FCS to FBS. 

Why couldn’t coaches be a reason? We were just talking in the basketball forum today about how DAE transferred out because of…. coaches

• Upvote 2