SiouxSports.com Forum

Sacramento State @ UND 11/25/23 Playoff

SiouxFan100

Frustrating end to the season when we were hoping the bison win was a turning point for the program.  Big thanks to the seniors for putting heart and soul into the program as they move to the next stage of their lives.  Only wish we could have seen them play a few more games yet.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, homer said:

Good thing it’s a home game today so we can dump the road woe !@#$ until next week.  

try enjoying the day once without bringing up everything negative.  

Reality is reality. I don’t like to put lipstick on a pig. When UND’s athletic administrators wake up, then I’ll be a nice little positive joy … just for you.

• Like 1

Was also at the game. Lack of speed on Defense definitely jumped out. D line just doesn’t win many battles and the loss of McNaboe hurt. As I’ve mentioned in previous weeks, just nobody on the defense that really stands out. A few times we had guys on the edge to contain the QB and he just went around us like youd see in a high school game. Expected the edges to be tough for us but was also surprised at how easily they ran it between the tackles. Need to recruit D hard this year. 

also agree that we almost surely win the game if we don’t pass at all in the fourth quarter. Had first and 10 from midfield to start the quarter with all the momentum and then two plays later it’s 3rd and 30 after two sacks. Most days offense takes some imagination but I don’t think this was one of those days.

also agree with someone who mentioned all the subbing on offense - we are constantly running three or four new receivers out there, not sure why, it’s not like we are spreading the ball all over the place. Let guys get in a rhythm a little bit. Other than Bo our receivers had three catches for 13 yards today.

odd how the passing game took a step backward this year - seemed like a strength last year with pretty much the same personnel. Or at least I can’t remember dreading passing downs last year like I did this year.

kudos to sac st. Played a clean game and made plays when they had to. I do not believe they committed a penalty (nor a TO) today which is impressive on the road.

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

How many years are you willing to give for a rebuild? Canning the staff would plummet the program. Can everyone at the end of next season if we don’t make a playoff run. 

hard to can a staff after a winning record

There is talent, I don't think a new staff necessarily means a long rebuild.  We need to find out if we have a game changer at QB on the current roster. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hans8891 said:

Frustrating end to the season when we were hoping the bison win was a turning point for the program.  Big thanks to the seniors for putting heart and soul into the program as they move to the next stage of their lives.  Only wish we could have seen them play a few more games yet.

Always thought we wouldn’t know a turning point until we win on their soil, much like the Ryder Cup.  It’s too soon to know what can be done in the off season to improve, but who has any confidence that we could go into the FargoDome and not be embarrassed by them putting up 40-50 points?  The confidence from the game here seemed to be an emotional flash in the pan, which pretty much summarizes Bubba’s tenure.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I hear Bubba and I hear Eeyore. 

It’s sad, because he is a likable guy, but I hear the same thing, which makes you wonder if that has something to do with the fleeting confidence his teams have demonstrated, and the huge disparity from the home and road records.  You need supreme confidence to win on the road consistently.

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

It’s sad, because he is a likable guy, but I hear the same thing, which makes you wonder if that has something to do with the fleeting confidence his teams have demonstrated, and the huge disparity from the home and road records.  You need supreme confidence to win on the road consistently.

Very evident for years. He can’t elevate his players. He can’t motivate. He can’t captivate. As such, can’t secure the commitment of good enough players and can’t get his teams to rise to the occasion in big games. NDSU game this year was a pure fluke; proof in point the very next week versus UNI.