SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at BU game week thread

Kevin G

1 hour ago, BigChief said:

Any tips for cool bars before the games?  I'll be there for both nights.

Spent a little time at the Cask & Flagon during the Frozen Four a few years ago. Pretty close to BU campus. Bleacher Bar(located in Fenway under the CF bleachers. is right near there as well. If you have a late night and are hungry, the South Street Diner is excellent but no idea where it is in relation to BU but we did eat there 2-3 times....usually around 2 am.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WiSioux said:

More importantly, who else is going??? I will be there for the Saturday game.

We will be there for both games - including pregame UND parties at the Sunset Cantina. We will be wearing green UND jerseys :)

3 hours ago, BigChief said:

Any tips for cool bars before the games?  I'll be there for both nights.

Calling all UND fans! 

Grab your gameday gear and join us for an epic pregame party in Boston. UND Hockey will face off against Boston University on Friday, Nov. 3, and Saturday, Nov. 4. Celebrate with Fighting Hawks fans prior to puck drop both nights at the Sunset Cantina Boston. No registration is necessary!

Kick off a great weekend of North Dakota Hockey with us. We hope to see you there.

UND Pregame Party - Boston
Friday, Nov. 3 | 4:30-6:30 p.m. ET
Saturday, Nov. 4 | 4:30-6:30 p.m. ET
Sunset Cantina Boston
916 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 02215

-Your UND Family

Questions? 
events@UNDalumni.net | 701.777.2611

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Spent a little time at the Cask & Flagon during the Frozen Four a few years ago. Pretty close to BU campus. Bleacher Bar(located in Fenway under the CF bleachers. is right near there as well. If you have a late night and are hungry, the South Street Diner is excellent but no idea where it is in relation to BU but we did eat there 2-3 times....usually around 2 am.

I don’t even remember any bars I was in Boston lmao except for that cheers bar

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

The men will need to bring their A game.

I think if they turn the puck over a lot allowing outnumbered situations it won't turn out as well against a team with NHL caliber talent.  Persson isn't always going to make the breakaway save.   Of course, they have to worry about the same thing.  

Zmolek back this weekend, Pehrson still day-to-day:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-expecting-bennett-zmolek-back-for-boston-university-series

Zmolek is expected to return to UND's lineup Friday night when the No. 3 Fighting Hawks play at No. 9 Boston University in Agganis Arena.

The Rochester, Minn., product missed last weekend's series against his former team, Minnesota State-Mankato, due to an injury he sustained Oct. 21 while blocking a shot against Minnesota.

The Fighting Hawks (4-1-1) are not yet sure on the status of defenseman Keaton Pehrson, who missed last weekend's series with a lower-body injury.

Pehrson, who has missed the last three games, skated Wednesday.

"He's day-to-day, getting close," Berry said.

Pehrson will make the trip to Boston — along with every other member of the team.

In National Collegiate Hockey Conference games, teams are limited to 23-man travel rosters. That means UND has to leave three players behind. There is no travel limit for nonconference games.

6 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

If anyone has an EP subscription, you can read edgy takes on BU and UND by the worst writer in hockey, in case you've been wondering where Lambert landed.

https://eprinkside.com/2023/10/31/has-boston-university-straightened-out-its-game

How does one qualify as the worst writer in hockey?;)