SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

SDSU has shown the formula to defeat NDSU: Out bully them; smack them in the mouth first, fast, and hard. 

Has anyone else taken note.

I guess USD did recently ... 

They are a one trick pony.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.  All you gotta do is stop the run.

22 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Of note, and very funny. Teh bysuns board does a little act where they pretend they don’t care about the UND by not posting about it which shows just how much they still care deep down. The syndrome is real with them. So pathetic.

Its hilarious; they are such an angry bunch. They used to at least talk a little football over there. Now its all anger and they've scared off any of their halfway decent fans. They're mad they are not FBS. They're mad UND has a football team. They're mad they have to play us. Now they're mad that they have a program that is just a bit down (and still damn good) after a decade plus.

Our hockey fans (including myself) get really frustrated when we aren't as dominant as we should be, but those guys on bozoville are next level.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

They are a one trick pony.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.  All you gotta do is stop the run.

Except NDSU has more passing first downs than rushing first downs, averages more yards per passing attempt than rushing attempt and has more passing attempts than rushes. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Its hilarious; they are such an angry bunch. They used to at least talk a little football over there. Now its all anger and they've scared off any of their halfway decent fans.

If you visit that site, its on you.  Its best to just avoid it at all costs.

8 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

If you visit that site, its on you.  Its best to just avoid it at all costs.

Ha, I used to. Don't really go there anymore unless I want to see something about recruiting. They have a few guys that follow recruiting and put out good information. We have plenty of senseless banter here as well, but it nothing compared to that cesspool.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I stand by what i said. That team was good. The NDSU game showed that. We had the pieces but underperformed on the road big time that year.

I agree 100%.  That year is one of the biggest what-if years outside of the Richmond home playoff loss year.  Almost beat the bison at home.. somehow lost extremely winnable games in heartbreaking fashion to USD, Southern Illinois and Missouri St on the road and finished the year nearly beating SDSU on the road.  As I recall we had some significant kicking challenges.. injuries or something, and some really bad fumbles/TO's in the road games coupled with some very strange coaching decisions/weird punting decisions.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

What the fans think isn't going to have a direct impact on the game.

Yeah, right … I’m sure the players would love playing in an empty Alerus Center …

Oddly enough (and to prove you’re delusional), the fans and the home field advantage on Saturday is the ONLY reason UND might pull off the upset on Saturday. No chance this current UND fb program with “deer in headlights” coaching staff during big games could win in Fargo. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

This is the worst NDSU team since 2009, but for whatever reason I’m still not confident. I hope I’m wrong but I haven’t seen a killer instinct from our program in a long long time.

so NDSU is bad, but so is UND…

unfortunately a bad NDSU is still likely better than a bad UND …

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

I agree 100%.  That year is one of the biggest what-if years outside of the Richmond home playoff loss year.  Almost beat the bison at home.. somehow lost extremely winnable games in heartbreaking fashion to USD, Southern Illinois and Missouri St on the road and finished the year nearly beating SDSU on the road.  As I recall we had some significant kicking challenges.. injuries or something, and some really bad fumbles/TO's in the road games coupled with some very strange coaching decisions/weird punting decisions.

^^^kostitch

2 hours ago, Kassonvike said:

Usually watch on ESPN plus but meeting some fellow UND alum up in the cities on Saturday.  Any advice on a good sports bar/restaurant to watch the game at?

If you’re in the north metro, this place plans to show the game. They are located in Blaine…near the soccer fields/National sports center.  60 self pour taps! :0

https://therustybeetaphouse.com/

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, right … I’m sure the players would love playing in an empty Alerus Center …

Oddly enough (and to prove you’re delusional), the fans and the home field advantage on Saturday is the ONLY reason UND might pull off the upset on Saturday. No chance this current UND fb program with “deer in headlights” coaching staff during big games could win in Fargo. 

Who said anything about an empty Alerus Center? The place will be packed and fans are going to show up and cheer loudly. My comment was specifically that what those fans think is not going to directly impact the game, they are going to be heard regardless. And hopefully have an impact with their actions.
All I can gather from your comments, which you stated wasn't directed at anyone playing the actual game, is that over-confident fans (or coaches maybe?) is going to lead to an ugly game. Or you're just talking yourself in circles.

Again, no one on the field or in a coaching booth thinks that UND will win because NDSU is or isn't having a down year (for them). And I think the jury is still out on that. Anyone tied to the UND team knows they are still underdogs in the game and need to show up and play well to have a shot at knocking off NDSU.

Maybe you can clarify directly on who you were referring to about "UND" thinking they can win and that would clear everything up.

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If UND thinks they can win simply because NDSU has fallen down to the pack, then this will get ugly.

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Good, thanks for the reassurance (FYI my comment wasn’t directed towards anyone playing the actual game)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Who said anything about an empty Alerus Center? The place will be packed and fans are going to show up and cheer loudly. My comment was specifically that what those fans think is not going to directly impact the game, they are going to be heard regardless. And hopefully have an impact with their actions.
All I can gather from your comments, which you stated wasn't directed at anyone playing the actual game, is that over-confident fans (or coaches maybe?) is going to lead to an ugly game. Or you're just talking yourself in circles.

Again, no one on the field or in a coaching booth thinks that UND will win because NDSU is or isn't having a down year (for them). And I think the jury is still out on that. Anyone tied to the UND team knows they are still underdogs in the game and need to show up and play well to have a shot at knocking off NDSU.

Maybe you can clarify directly on who you were referring to about "UND" thinking they can win and that would clear everything up.

Fans have to “think” about going to games on Saturdays, and want to go, so you may be in fact the one talking in circles. Fans’ perspective matters, and this implied idea of alienating fans so our “poor under-appreciated” coaches can operate in a protected bubble is silly.

Anyways, Saturday will be a fun atmosphere because it’s always the biggest football game of the year in the state of North Dakota. Hopefully UND - somehow, under some miracle - finds a way to show up big time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Fans have to “think” about going to games on Saturday, so you may be in fact the one talking in circles.

Anyways, Saturday will be a fun atmosphere because it’s always the biggest football game of the year in the state of North Dakota. Hopefully UND - somehow, under some miracle - finds a way to show up big time.

OK. I guess we need to get the message out to the fans to not be overconfident. It's apparently on them if they do and it turns ugly.

Agreed on the second part, though I won't be as shocked as you if they do. They knocked off the #7 team in the country last year, would love to see them do it again.

• Downvote 1