SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

14 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Btw this oc job has landry written all over ut

whats the process for external hires? Bison got there’s done in a week

do we still have to follow the rules and wait 3 weeks and post or whatever it is

would love to see a run taken at Jake Landry.. if our compensation is as bad as everyone says.. seems like he would prob be getting paid more at St Thomas as their OC/QB coach.

We also don't know what was happening behind the scenes between these guys. Was Bubba allowing Danny to actually call everything, or was he restricting options?

I'm don't like the idea of an offense having too many trick plays, but those almost completely disappeared. Was that Danny's decision or Bubba's? If Danny felt he was being allowed to really do his job, maybe that was just another factor.

SDSU is going to be a far better resume builder than UND is. I'm sure Danny would have loved to stay at UND, but everything is pretty mucked up right now. Have to do what is best for your own family and career.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

......better not see the Griddy from Bubba ever again.

Yet another factor that may have played into Freund's departure. If I had to watch that after every win over a sub par team, I'd want to leave too.

And Griddy is generous, its more of a hobble/skip while trying not to fall over. It looks ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

When your UND alum OC leaves for a QB coach position at a conference mate (back to back champs, I know), and it’s seen as a move up and comes with a pay raise, you know all you need to know about the state of things at UND.  This could be said for all non hockey programs at UND.  Gotta find money.  Where is that money?

It's being spent on new locker rooms every few years at The Ralph (and a full-time chef). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

We also don't know what was happening behind the scenes between these guys. Was Bubba allowing Danny to actually call everything, or was he restricting options?

I'm don't like the idea of an offense having too many trick plays, but those almost completely disappeared. Was that Danny's decision or Bubba's? If Danny felt he was being allowed to really do his job, maybe that was just another factor.

SDSU is going to be a far better resume builder than UND is. I'm sure Danny would have loved to stay at UND, but everything is pretty mucked up right now. Have to do what is best for your own family and career.

I'd argue that's a good thing. They rarely if ever worked last year when they tried them. Wish they would have taken that approach with 2-point conversions. If you never complete them, maybe stop doing them unless completely necessary. 

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'd argue that's a good thing. They rarely if ever worked last year when they tried them. Wish they would have taken that approach with 2-point conversions. If you never complete them, maybe stop doing them unless completely necessary. 

Not going to argue with you on the scheme part of that.

My point was whether it was Danny's call to stop those or Bubba's. How much autonomy was Danny given with the offense. There were a lot of question mark calls during critical situations over the past two seasons. Were those Danny or Bubba?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

So when is sdsu a step up 

when isnt it?  they have back to back FCS championships, they have more inerest in getting their football program better, and are willing to pay for it.   so when isnt SDSU  a step up?(as far as football goes)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I don't do X, so can you tell us what he said?

He just pointed out that people shouldn't complain about players leaving a program when coaches do it all the time. That's why it is important that recruits be committed to a program and their future not to an individual coach. 

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Go read papa belquist twitter

must be some issues at und

id assume bo is gone on April 15th too

He's venting because the coach who convinced his kid to stay took an opportunity that he saw as a better stepping stone for himself for the opportunity after this one. Tough to argue his point. Has absolutely nothing to do with UND.

To clarify further, he put the #1 bison troll in his place letting him know that he also understands the decision.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

You would have to get the offense quality control guy. I think other position coaches at NDSU make more than 88k.

Guessing they do, too. My hope is that our lazy AD finds more money. Crutchley comes to mind as he was just at UND and has FBS experience. 

I guess I'm happy that this didn't happen before signing day. There are a few recruits I really want to keep. Though if we completely suck next year I suppose they'll just transfer.

Hopefully they find someone decent. IMO they just need to find someone who will call the offense to the strength of the guys he has. Not force a new system in place that requires talent we don't have.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I guess I'm happy that this didn't happen before signing day. There are a few recruits I really want to keep. Though if we completely suck next year I suppose they'll just transfer.

Hopefully they find someone decent. IMO they just need to find someone who will call the offense to the strength of the guys he has. Not force a new system in place that requires talent we don't have.

Can’t they still hit the portal 

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

You would have to get the offense quality control guy. I think other position coaches at NDSU make more than 88k.

Barring something huge changing since last year, that is incorrect. Only 2 of the 6 that didn't have a coordinator designation did a season or two ago

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Barring something huge changing since last year, that is incorrect. Only 2 of the 6 that didn't have a coordinator designation did a season or two ago

They hate getting fact checked, especially when they are trolling on another teams fan site. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Volleyball also plays there............

Been to VB MBB and WBB. Quality of the product drives interest and attendance.  They all should be ecstatic to play in a facility like the Betty.

• Upvote 3