SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m saying take the name out and his résumé doesn’t get me that excited. 

OC 2 yrs at DIII.  good results.  SI at tommies ok.  Other experiences at FBS.  Probably the best available in addition connections to present coaches on the team.  This sounds all positive.  

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

OC 2 yrs at DIII.  good results.  SI at tommies ok.  Other experiences at FBS.  Probably the best available in addition connections to present coaches on the team.  This sounds all positive.  

I think I am putting too much stock into his second year offense regression at St. Thomas. Interesting situation there with being so new to D1 and the non-scholarship thing. Think he was probably the best of the names I heard. I was interested in Karson Pike from Bemidji but the OC at Bemidji probably wouldn’t get people too excited either. 

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think I am putting too much stock into his second year offense regression at St. Thomas. Interesting situation there with being so new to D1 and the non-scholarship thing. Think he was probably the best of the names I heard. I was interested in Karson Pike from Bemidji but the OC at Bemidji probably wouldn’t get people too excited either. 

I agree.  Connections to the ream may be the determining factor.

14 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m saying take the name out and his résumé doesn’t get me that excited. 

4 year OC and 3 year QB Coach at Temple......I kind of see it.  I suppose it's all comparative.  Given the timing it's not too bad.  (correction - only 1 year QB Coach at Temple and 2 years as an analyst)

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

4 year OC and 3 year QB Coach at Temple......I kind of see it.  I suppose it's all comparative.  Given the timing it's not too bad.

I do like that he has FBS experience.  I want a guy who has experience around some better athletes.  Not mandatory, but that is a plus vs a D2 guy without any D1 experience.  At the same time, D2 is probably better FB than the Pioneer, and having a high scoring offense out of Bemidji is impressive.  

I'd take the one with the more bubbly personality, to offset Bubba, who has the energy of Bert from Seseme Street.

I see Pike, Bemidji OC was actually with Iowa western CC college for some time before becoming a hs head coach for a couple years, so he knows what talent looks like.  https://www.goreivers.com/sports/fball/former  Also, given that he was at a quality CC, he may have some contacts that would help in the transfer portal.  I think I'd take him, between the two.  

12 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

4 year OC and 3 year QB Coach at Temple......I kind of see it.  I suppose it's all comparative.  Given the timing it's not too bad.

Jake Landry, a former player for Rod Carey at North Dakota, joined the Temple Football staff in 2019 as an analyst following one season as the running backs coach at NIU. He was promoted to quarterbacks coach in 2021.

Pretty sure he was only the QB coach at Temple for the 2021 season.  Their offense wasn't good, to say the least. They scored 10 points or less in 6 games that season.

35 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Jake Landry, a former player for Rod Carey at North Dakota, joined the Temple Football staff in 2019 as an analyst following one season as the running backs coach at NIU. He was promoted to quarterbacks coach in 2021.

Pretty sure he was only the QB coach at Temple for the 2021 season.  Their offense wasn't good, to say the least. They scored 10 points or less in 6 games that season.

I took the info from St. Thomas Bio but from the Temple Bio it looks like 2019 and 2020 were not as QB Coach, only 2021 was he official QB Coach.  Thanks!!

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

I see Pike, Bemidji OC was actually with Iowa western CC college for some time before becoming a hs head coach for a couple years, so he knows what talent looks like.  https://www.goreivers.com/sports/fball/former  Also, given that he was at a quality CC, he may have some contacts that would help in the transfer portal.  I think I'd take him, between the two.  

I think I’m a Pike guy too. Gotta attach myself now so that when we look back in 10 years and Pike is taking over Bama I will be on the right side of history ;)

Hope Jake is a fantastic hire though. 

13 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Oh damn, I knew I was a DeBoer guy so glad to see this! 

If we're puffin' and fluffin' ... (check some of those posting dates) ... 

https://forum.siouxsports.com/search/?&q=deboer &page=2&quick=1&author=The Sicatoka&nodes=5&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Probably the best hire we could expect for this situation. Let’s just hope we still don’t lose any key offensive guys to the portal. 

Up to Jake to get with these guys and let them know what will happen with the offense

i hope bubba doesn’t hold Jake back in any way